Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Thanks OP , Just signed up..

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jones wrote: »
    I came here to send this big warning sign for me and I'll be steering clear. Throttling of speed is how they are doing this for 9.99 thanks but no thanks. If it wasn't for the throttling I'd be all over this. You know what they say about deals appearing to be too good.

OK just read the links to max 4g speed three (which I'm currently on) but it doesn't make sense I get more than 10mb on 4g?

And to repeat this point once again, there is no throttling of speeds at 10Mb/s involved here.

This is simply a regulatory guarantee that they have to publish under EU law. All the mobile networks have the same regulatory maximum 4G download speed of 10Mb/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

Why are people complaining about all kinds of nonsense when they are essentially getting unlimited everything for less than a tenner.

What is wrong with some people?

If they offered it for free you can be sure some clown somewhere would find something to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Is this just Eir relaunching Meteor under a new name to try get younger demographic signed up?

Having said that my parents out in the sticks currently have Eir mobile broadband and that's 30euro for 50GB. If GoMo is exactly the same speeds then it's a no brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Very cheap. They will also only have a barebones customer service and no retail units and Eir stores will not deal with the network directly.

Bargain? Maybe? Maybe not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

davegilly wrote: »
    Why are people complaining about all kinds of nonsense when they are essentially getting unlimited everything for less than a tenner.

What is wrong with some people?

If they offered it for free you can be sure some clown somewhere would find something to complain about.

Take a big deep breath, I was just asking a simple question... not complaining at all. As I said, I have already signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone know if there are minimum age restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Speed after breaking the FUP is 1MBs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone got dispatch notice yet for their sim? I have set mine up to switch networks on Friday so hoping to see dispatch by tomorrow

They are definitely going for the young demographic with their colorful website. 48 Months have been doing the same for years.
    It's a good deal as i could never understand why you would pay 30+ euro a month on your bill just so you could have a flashy phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

It's one of the options you have. Others include Driving Licence number, Passport number, etc.

The PPS is totally different to the other ID you list. The recording or use of a PPS by a private company is illegal, unless it is specifically provided for in law.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, it's a new regulatory requirement from ComReg. For 4G services they have to advertise the speed as up to 10Mbps even if you can get more.

Im in the middle of Dublin City at the moment in a 4 storey building.
    Eir Network with 4G plan.

Speedtest just now 34.1 <bps download and 19.4 Mbps upload.

I will get on to their chat when i can and get some info on why it's one of the options.

I will get on to their chat when i can and get some info on why it's one of the options.

Fairly quick to get onto them to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

I’d be very interested to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Ush1 wrote: »
    Doesn't make sense to me. How could that be paying for a month in advance in that case?

All mobile billpay services charge a month in advance for rental and a month in arrears for calls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭shmeee

irishchris wrote: »
    Anyone got dispatch notice yet for their sim? I have set mine up to switch networks on Friday so hoping to see dispatch by tomorrow

You've took some gamble there.

The site was overloaded today, god only knows how many sims they have to process and post out.

I'm gonna set mine for about 2 weeks out. Don't mind paying now, only a few euro lost and huge savings overall.

OSI wrote: »
    I'd say the 20 something on 10 quid an hour to help you change your pin knows the full ins and outs of the legal departments clearance for the collection of PPS numbers and the governance around their use. :rolleyes:

you-guys-are-getting-paid-42900594.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Set mine up to port on Friday. Assume sims will be delivered by then.
    Do we need to use the new SIM card if porting ? Can I not just keep same sim and they port that number ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Set mine up to port on Friday. Assume sims will be delivered by then.
    Do we need to use the new SIM card if porting ? Can I not just keep same sim and they port that number ?

You can only port to a new GoMo SIM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 scouser123

I signed up to this today and choose to switch and keep my old number. I am currently with eir on a sim only €20 month offer. Will my current monthly direct debit be cancelled automatically or do I have to inform eir to cancel it?

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

cannot get into the my.gomo.ie site getting SSL error

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to my.gomo.ie. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭shmeee

scouser123 wrote: »
    I signed up to this today and choose to switch and keep my old number. I am currently with eir on a sim only €20 month offer. Will my current monthly direct debit be cancelled automatically or do I have to inform eir to cancel it?

Cheers,

You need to cancel your Eir 30 day sim only package, this can be done in live chat on Eir Website. It is cancelled within 24 hours as was informed by an Eir Online Adviser today.

Cheers,

You should always cancel your own direct debits with your bank

Cheers,

Your money, your responsibility.. even if someone in sales says they'll take care of it they won't..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Im gonna sign up for this for my Mrs. She currently uses a PAYG. Im going to give all my details and pay for it, which I presume there isnt any issue with?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Elemonator wrote: »
    Very cheap. They will also only have a barebones customer service and no retail units and Eir stores will not deal with the network directly.

Bargain? Maybe? Maybe not?

There isn't really any need to visit a physical store any more any way. I certainly haven't been in one in years. The last time I was in one was to get the Three offer for iD customers and that was only because I had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is that 10MB limit something to worry about I wonder, or will we likely get more?

I'm getting 46MB/18MB on my fixed line broadband at home, and on 4G with eir, getting 3/1MB where I am right now and it's playing YouTube videos without a skip, so 10MB is probably still more than ok for most things?

From what I remember, you don't need to CANCEL with current provider, that the switch over process actioned by GOMO should take care of all that, or should we be phoning our current providers on the day of the switch to make sure our accounts are closed?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cormie wrote: »
    Is that 10MB limit something to worry about I wonder, or will we likely get more?

I'm getting 46MB/18MB on my fixed line broadband at home, and on 4G with eir, getting 3/1MB where I am right now and it's playing YouTube videos without a skip, so 10MB is probably still more than ok for most things?

From what I remember, you don't need to CANCEL with current provider, that the switch over process actioned by GOMO should take care of all that, or should we be phoning our current providers on the day of the switch to make sure our accounts are closed?

It has been pointed out at least 3 times on this thread that there is no 10Mbps limit. It is a regulatory requirement for all 4G mobile providers for advertising purposes. If it's 4G then they have to advertise it as up to 10Mbps.

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »

Where does it say that speeds are throttled?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement