Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Decided to go for it... switching from Three, where I've been for years, with the €20 top up deal. I was considering changing for sometime (tired of running out of credit and not being able to call non-Three people, hassle of topping up and /or all my top up being taken without a notification of internet use), so this came at the right time. Happy enough to try it for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I can see my number online, but no orders on my account, but no sign of dispatch or delivery. Should I contact support, I don't want to bother then unless its necessary.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I can see my number online, but no orders on my account, but no sign of dispatch or delivery. Should I contact support, I don't want to bother then unless its necessary.

New number or porting?
    If you are porting and you picked a date later on in the month then GoMo will prioritize sim delivery to people porting sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Ordered last Tuesday evening around 9ish, arrived today. Just changed my port date to today and time to about half an hour from now. We will see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

I've got eir mobile broadband..can I pop in the gomo sim card into the dongle and use it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

kceire wrote: »
    New number or porting?
    If you are porting and you picked a date later on in the month then GoMo will prioritize sim delivery to people porting sooner.

New number, I didn't bother with porting, though simple sim will be quicker. I ordered 5 days ago.

When I login to account, it looks like I already have a SIM, and billing period has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I ordered a gomo sim last Thursday and opted to Port over from Vodafone. Funny I just received a call from a Vodafone rep looking to offer me lots extra calls texts for an increased price from €20 pm to €25 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I never got an option to select when to port over, even though I said I wanted to keep my number. It didn't ask me for my number either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Port started at 3:35 and ended at 3:45, text from Vodafone saying thanks and everything working fine! Getting speeds of about 20mbs down currently in the bishopstown area in cork, switching between 3/4bars of 4g not full.

I never got an option to select when to port over, even though I said I wanted to keep my number. It didn't ask me for my number either.
    Same, I saw this when I signed up "If you want to keep your number, simply pop into your MyGoMo account when your SIM arrives and select a time & date that suits you."

This was different to last week when I was thinking about it & it was asking for a number to port, time and date to change etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Got my sim this morning, ported from VM today ported about ten minutes from the scheduled time getting decent 4G speeds haven't tested calls but pretty happy so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭lolie

Anyone get confirmation whether they will or wont have 5g when Eir roll it out?
    I queried them on Friday but still no reply back from them.

lolie wrote: »
    Every article I read noted no decision has been made re this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Let's say GoMo reach the 100,000, what happens then?

Will they continue to offer the same deal but not for life? or, Will they up the price?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Will they continue to offer the same deal but not for life? or, Will they up the price?

They’ll sell it....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Prob asked already but...

A lot of providers separate social media use from the data bundle, in other words, social media use is not counted against you data cap.

Where do GoMo stand on that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A lot of providers separate social media use from the data bundle, in other words, social media use is not counted against you data cap.

80gb be very difficult to go through either way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

I don't think there is a data cap. If it's the same as eir they just reduce the speed after 80gb.

80gb be very difficult to go through either way
    For reference, I understand that Three's fair usage limit was 60GBs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

That's correct. For Three's "All you can eat data" the cap is 60GB.....although similar to Eir and Gomo they won't charge you for exceeding this, just possibly throttle your connection until the next cycle.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Given there are so few handsets available that are 5G ready it isn’t really much of an issue for most for the moment. If I was to hazard a guess, I would say that Eir will keep 5G for their customers in the hope that it keeps some of their customer base from jumping for GoMo. Realistically though, this 9.99 offer is a exceptional good deal as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Given there are so few handsets available that are 5G ready it isn’t really much of an issue for most for the moment. If I was to hazard a guess, I would say that Eir will keep 5G for their customers in the hope that it keeps some of their customer base from jumping for GoMo. Realistically though, this 9.99 offer is a exceptional good deal as it is.

I would say most of GoMo's targeted demographic will be the highest future 5G users, so will be in their interest to have it in parallel with Eir, or else all those sign up's will jump to the other 5G networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think it depends on demand, if there is high customer demand for technology like there was for 4G, then there will be premium charged for this service and probably not included in GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Has anyone with a new sim done the commute into Houston on the portlaoise line what's the coverage like?

On eir at the moment it's so frustrating trying to browse on the way to work. I've H and Edge most of the way to Dublin it's so bad I've been thinking of changing. Is GoMo any better?

FaganJr wrote: »
    I would say most of GoMo's targeted demographic will be the highest future 5G users, so will be in their interest to have it in parallel with Eir, or else all those sign up's will jump to the other 5G networks?

GoMo are targeted by simple experience at a low cost.

5G will be premium experience at higher cost.

I'm huessing that the higher value experience will be limited to the Eir brand and paid for accordingly, the simple and cheap experience will be through GoMo. They may eventually get 5G... But it may not be immediate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ImARebel wrote: »
    Has anyone with a new sim done the commute into Houston on the portlaoise line what's the coverage like?

On eir at the moment it's so frustrating trying to browse on the way to work. I've H and Edge most of the way to Dublin it's so bad I've been thinking of changing. Is GoMo any better?

GoMo uses the Eir network. If Eir is shít then GoMo will be shít too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭shmeee

GoMo uses the Eir network. If Eir is shít then GoMo will be shít too.

Are people even reading up about GoMo?

It actually gives me serious dose of ire reading some comments here.

Same questions about coverage and speeds over and over again.

GoMo uses the Eir Network for calls and texts.

GoMo uses the exact same APN / Data settings for Data Usage.

If Eir is poor, GoMo will be poor.

You are getting a service which is €29.99 from Eir for €9.99 from GoMo. A no brainier if your an Eir customer.

shmeee wrote: »
    Are people even reading up about GoMo?

It actually gives me serious dose of ire reading some comments here.

Same questions about coverage and speeds over and over again.

GoMo uses the Eir Network for calls and texts.

GoMo uses the exact same APN / Data settings for Data Usage.

If Eir is poor, GoMo will be poor.

You are getting a service which is €29.99 from Eir for €9.99 from GoMo. A no brainier if your an Eir customer.

Theres allot of people whining here, but I'm having a great experience so far with GoMo... I had a great experiance with Eir in the past. Vodafone wasn't a pleasant experience & I left them minus a hefty chunk of cash...

If you don't like the level of service, then don't sign up. Otherwise, if it suits you... do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Still no sim an update or test would be nice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement