Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Ok activated sim todsy. Selected gomo in settings for data and cslls. Calls out not working.Sent a text to see if texts working and received this:-

You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date. To speak to our chat team or view our faqs go to www.GoMo.ie. That's it!

Chat not working, really not enjoying this...any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Ok activated sim todsy. Selected gomo in settings for data and cslls. Calls out not working.Sent a text to see if texts working and received this:-

You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date. To speak to our chat team or view our faqs go to www.GoMo.ie. That's it!

Chat not working, really not enjoying this...any suggestions?

Email them to get this reply: (copy and pasted)
    Hi
    no problem come and chat with us on our web chat

I shít you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Miike wrote: »
    Email them to get this reply: (copy and pasted)

I shít you not.

I asked a couple of questions via the web form. They replied with a copied and pasted answer not related to any question I asked. The second reply was no better telling me to go to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, someone mentioned in the beginning of this thread that they heard there's meant to be a fixed line BB competitor coming to the Irish market who will offer BB only for a cheaper price, does anyone have info on this?

Also, thanks to whoever answered my last questions, the answers got lost before I had a chance to say thanks :)

Another thing, I never got around to cancelling my eir account which I ported from on the 16th, 2 days before my new bill cycle started, I tried to ring there to make sure it's cancelled, but can't get through the CC as there's no account found with my mobile number or account number, so I'm guessing they didn't start a new cycle for me. and I timed it right and I won't be charged for a bill I'm not with them for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Lads, got my sim about 40 mins ago, changed the port date for my number to six pm today, how long does it take to take effect? (Hasn't yet obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lads, got my sim about 40 mins ago, changed the port date for my number to six pm today, how long does it take to take effect? (Hasn't yet obviously)

I set mine for 3:35, lost voice on my vodafone sim at 3:46 and popped in the gomo sim at 3:45 where everything was finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I see they've got rid of the public services card as a form of ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

ImARebel wrote: »
    Has anyone with a new sim done the commute into Houston on the portlaoise line what's the coverage like?

On eir at the moment it's so frustrating trying to browse on the way to work. I've H and Edge most of the way to Dublin it's so bad I've been thinking of changing. Is GoMo any better?
    GoMo uses the Eir network. If Eir is shít then GoMo will be shít too.

As said the coverage will be the same at best.
    Off topic, but could you just ask a few other Commuters on the same train what Network they are with.....keeping an eye out for the ones who are streaming youtube, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

Does porting a number only transfer the number?? i.e. when you keep your number are all your contacts transferred across or should you save them to your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Baoithin66 wrote: »
    Does porting a number only transfer the number?? i.e. when you keep your number are all your contacts transferred across or should you save them to your phone?

Save them to your phone or Google drive. The Gomo sim won't have any numbers saved to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Baoithin66 wrote: »

Porting your number has nothing to do with your contacts.

Best save them on your phone most especially if you've saved them onto your existing network's SIM card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

I set mine for 3:35, lost voice on my vodafone sim at 3:46 and popped in the gomo sim at 3:45 where everything was finalised.

Working fine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Carpentry wrote: »
    Working fine ?

so far so good. Speedtest at 4 had around 20mbs down, at 6 the same and just now 19/20 so pretty stable so far. Will see in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

Hi my bill pay with Eir is out since August . I was on hold today for ages to cancel my contract . I am switching to GoMo and keeping my number .
    Will my conract be automatically cancelled . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Being unable to access voicemail is the only outstanding issue I have. Hopefully they sort it in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

20+ Mb download at 2am last night and all day long lucky to have 2/3mb and that's supposed to be 4g.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Got the SIM today. Had to set the APN info myself but once done all was good. You could say: Baby I'm ready to go!!!... mo.

Eh, get it??

... RTG? ...

Never mind.

Try the Fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Which apn settings did u set. Options of eir and meteor on phone

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Got the Sim today and been testing speeds and features and You get what you pay for comes to mind. Average downloads was 10mb with uploads about the same. Speeds have dropped back a little this evening. Txting and calls are working but initially txting didn’t work. Definitely more testing needed to see if I port my number from Virgin Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

SIM arrived today put it into the phone was active getting between 40 to 50 megs, slightly better then bill pay Eir mobile. Happy camper here in Crosshaven. Co Cork Will report when I try port

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Which apn settings did u set. Options of eir and meteor on phone

You asked that question yesterday and someone went to the trouble of posting their exact settings. Since then you've been trolling the thread with speedtest results.

If you're going to ask for help have the courtesy to read the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Got my sim today. Speed test in mid mayo area is a solid 25Mb down and >15Mb up.

Most of the town are on Voda and Three. Hopefully they stay with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

You asked that question yesterday and someone went to the trouble of posting their exact settings. Since then you've been trolling the thread with speedtest results.

If you're going to ask for help have the courtesy to read the response.

Any chance of someone re posting APN settings,gomo had no comment when I asked

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Any chance of someone re posting APN settings,gomo had no comment when I asked
    Did you try searching the thread? They've been posted multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Does it show anywhere the porting day and time selected when ordering the SIM? I selected a day a few days after my current plan finish to use the credit in my sim.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The amount of questions been continually asked which have been answered many times in this thread is unreal, are people that lazy that they wont read back a few pages.....

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

So I ordered sim on Wed at 10pm and got an email shortly afterwards saying my "GoMo order was on it's way". I haven't heard anything since and account just showed processing all though the weekend.

I logged in this evening and see that I've been assigned a telephone number, pin and puk and order status is blank. Does this mean it's shipped?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

westyIrl wrote: »
    So I ordered sim on Wed at 10pm and got an email shortly afterwards saying my "GoMo order was on it's way". I haven't heard anything since and account just showed processing all though the weekend.

I logged in this evening and see that I've been assigned a telephone number, pin and puk and order status is blank. Does this mean it's shipped?

Thanks
    I wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The amount of questions been continually asked which have been answered many times in this thread is unreal, are people that lazy that they wont read back a few pages.....
    The word snowflake springs to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

reddanmm wrote: »
    Hi my bill pay with Eir is out since August . I was on hold today for ages to cancel my contract . I am switching to GoMo and keeping my number .
    Will my conract be automatically cancelled . Thanks
    You don't need to contact eir if moving your number to gomo. Just go onto gomo.ie and place the order for a new service and provide the details of the service you want to port. Your eir service will automatically get cancelled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement