Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

westyIrl wrote: »
    So I ordered sim on Wed at 10pm and got an email shortly afterwards saying my "GoMo order was on it's way". I haven't heard anything since and account just showed processing all though the weekend.

I logged in this evening and see that I've been assigned a telephone number, pin and puk and order status is blank. Does this mean it's shipped?

Thanks

Would say so, my number appeared before it was delivered. I ordered Tues PM, arrived today. Number appeared yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

I ordered the sim last Wednesday. Revolut was debited with 9.99euro and I have an order number confirmation on the website. However, I received no confirmation email and I cant log into the gomo website.

Should I do anything?

Where can i get gomo chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The amount of questions been continually asked which have been answered many times in this thread is unreal, are people that lazy that they wont read back a few pages.....

Wait until there's 100,000 of them with no live support. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The amount of questions been continually asked which have been answered many times in this thread is unreal, are people that lazy that they wont read back a few pages.....
    It seems they are that lazy. They don't even need to read back a few pages but just to use the "search this thread" function. It's extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Lissavane wrote: »
    Did you try searching the thread? They've been posted multiple times.
    You were so annoyed that you went to the trouble of typing this ? Apologies for the hurt I've caused you and I hope your evening gets better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ten Pin wrote: »
    That was eirs apple TV & broadband for 50 for 6 months and 80 afterwards. Adrian Weckler oversold that without knowing the details.

Here's their broadband only deals...
    https://www.eir.ie/broadband/

Cancel your direct debit once you're sure you don't owe them anything.

Thanks for the help! Them BB only deals don't seem anything special. I'm paying 35/pm to Vodafone and have been for years, I think they put it up to 45/pm, but I got it to be kept at 35. Was thinking there was going to be a much better deal coming out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

You were so annoyed that you went to the trouble of typing this ? Apologies for the hurt I've caused you and I hope your evening gets better.

And yes I tried " search this thread" but it disappears when I tap the search box

And yes I tried " search this thread" but it disappears when I tap the search box
    That's a shame - looks like the internet gods are conspiring against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Try doing it from touch.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Ive searched the thread, however i cant determine if i can change my port time, currently when i login to my account i don't get any option to change the date, does that become available after the SIM has been dispatched? i haven't received the SIMs yet and the port date was set to Thursday, what happens if they don't arrive before the port date i selected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

I tried my sim again last night and it is now working and my account online has the assigned number - still waiting on the second sim but just done a speed test here in Kilkenny at 20.40 - 4G 24.9 Download and 3.62 Upload. The upload can vary but at night time at approx 2am last night the speed was over 35mb download so pretty impressive for €9.99. I’m with Tesco so always only had 3G. It’s the webchat that can be annoying when you have an issue sometimes the chat appears and other times it doesn’t I still don’t understand why that is but found Twitter being the best form of communication just send them a DM. Not porting my number until I test it for 4 weeks or so but so far so good. Voicemail worked no problem I’m reading on Twitter people are having issues but with the number assigned to the sim the voicemail was set up no issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Just received an email saying that my account has been cancelled per my request effective as of midnight tonight. I have no idea why that would happen as I've not requested that my account be cancelled. They really need to cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

can you keep your phone number if you change over?

I'm on rolling contract with Virgin media and its pure crap

Blanco100 wrote: »

Answered a million times.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yes

Did you even visit GoMo.ie because it's on the homepage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

ctlsleh wrote: »
    Ive searched the thread, however i cant determine if i can change my port time, currently when i login to my account i don't get any option to change the date, does that become available after the SIM has been dispatched? i haven't received the SIMs yet and the port date was set to Thursday, what happens if they don't arrive before the port date i selected?

It seems that until you have a phone number assigned to your account you cannot do anything. They are claiming that they will not attempt to port you until your Sim has arrived, but........

edit; just to answer your question, once you have a mobile number showing in 'my account' you can change the port time. You might have a problem setting the actual time of day, but that seems to be a gomo site issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It seems they are that lazy. They don't even need to read back a few pages but just to use the "search this thread" function. It's extraordinary.

Or look at the first post and see the FAQ link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Did you even visit GoMo.ie because it's on the homepage.

apologies. Do you know how long it takes on average to receive the sim? I know someone who ordered this day last week and has still not received. is this par for the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buzzer2016

I put in the port this morning for ten, still hasn’t went over , is that normal? And only one sim arrived when I ordered 2

• Advertisement

apologies. Do you know how long it takes on average to receive the sim? I know someone who ordered this day last week and has still not received. is this par for the course?
    GoMo was launched on last Tuesday, 15 Oct, so your acquaintance is unlikely to have ordered "this day last week".

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

I ordered mine last Tuesday and it arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

bertie4evr wrote: »
    I ordered mine last Tuesday and it arrived today.

Same here, my porting day I think is schedule for 1st of November

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Can take up to ten days according to GoMo site.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Basq wrote: »
    Ordered last Tuesday evening at 9pm.. I didn't get a despatch email, just a email from An Post yesterday saying sim is due today, and an SMS saying it's out for delivery from An Post.

Girlfriend ordered same time as me but she has a phone number and port date associated with her account since Friday, but I didn't get that until this morning (after notification sim is out for delivery)... but she hasn't got notification of a sim due. So seems to be a bit shaky in terms of processing.
    The confusion continues..

.. my girlfriends sim arrived today - despite her not receiving notification of the sim being delivered.

The package that was containing my sim that was indicated as being delivered today must be in my local An Post Depot, though weird that they popped one sim card in the door and held onto another! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I went to order another sim there and you can no longer select a port date, it says to select it when your sim arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

TheDriver wrote: »
    I went to order another sim there and you can no longer select a port date, it says to select it when your sim arrives.

Seems like a good idea. More controllable and means that Sims aren't assigned to be ported before they arrive.

Impressive how they've managed to change the system to react to real life situations.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Seems like a good idea. More controllable and means that Sims aren't assigned to be ported before they arrive.

Impressive how they've managed to change the system to react to real life situations.
    It seems sensible for the customer to try and test any sim before porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 scubadec

Has anyone used a GOMO simcard in an EIR phone.
    Do EIR phones need to be unlocked? Or do the SIM cards work straight away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It seems sensible for the customer to try and test any sim before porting.

Do people normally do that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement