Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Some do / some don't

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Do people normally do that?
    I've always done so, when I've had the opportunity. In this case everyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

scubadec wrote: »
    Has anyone used a GOMO simcard in an EIR phone.
    Do EIR phones need to be unlocked? Or do the SIM cards work straight away?

Answered a dozen times

• Registered Users Posts: 36 scubadec

fritzelly wrote: »
    Answered a dozen times

Thanks! I hate people like me too.... :D
    In fairness tho I read the first 800 posts and then scanned the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

First result searching the thread for locked

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111562130

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yes it will work in a locked Eir handset

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I started to receive their emails like I already got the SIM, but there is no sign of it. I suppose I don't have an option but to contact support.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Did anyone ever consider that maybe some people dont have time to trawl through 100s of pages for answers maybe it's a parent with a screaming child on their arms asking, maybe it's someone nursing a dying loved one . Nothing short of bullying the way some people are being spoken to on this thread. If your going to take time to be a smart alec you may as well answer the question .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Did anyone ever consider that maybe some people dont have time to trawl through 100s of pages for answers maybe it's a parent with a screaming child on their arms asking, maybe it's someone nursing a dying loved one . Nothing short of bullying the way some people are being spoken to on this thread. If your going to take time to be a smart alec you may as well answer the question .

Welcome to boards

The very first post in the thread answers nearly every question that has come up, that’s the problem with many people these days, they want everything handed to them on a plate. I’m certainly not saying that you are one of these people, and I do take your point, but accusing people of bullying is OTT in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The very first post in the thread answers nearly every question that has come up, that’s the problem with many people these days, they want everything handed to them on a plate. I’m certainly not saying that you are one of these people, and I do take your point, but accusing people of bullying is OTT in my opinion.

I dont think it is OTT actually. I'm fed up of seeing it . If you're not going to answer the question..move on . No need for sarcastic comments and condescending replies. Its extremely unfair to those asking . Something needs to be done about it .

We could stay here all night debating this and that would only take the thread OT, but just look back on the thread and see for yourself how many times the same couple of questions have been asked and answered.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    We could stay here all night debating this and that would only take the thread OT, but just look back on the thread and see for yourself how many times the same couple of questions have been asked and answered.

Yes I understand that but why not just reply "this is already answered " instead of unnecesssry ridiculing comments like "did you not even read the website " or "answered a million times already ". Absolutely no need for it . I've made my point . Hope someone sees it and agrees and does something about it . Back to topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

LizardKing wrote: »
    i just signed up and it offers porting number option.... I don;t see 4G mentioned anywhere... assume it is included?? i was on 30 day sim only plan with eir 34.99 a month .. do I need to cancel this plan ..hopefully won;t be too much hassle

Did you cancel the EIR plan and switch? I’m in same boat, sim only 30 day EIR and am put off by the hassle of switching. It’s always been a problem when I change..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Signed up today, got the welcome "Your GoMo order is on its way!" email but haven't been able to login to the site yet because I'm not getting the password forgot/reset emails.

"Nearly there! We've just sent an email. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.Note: Don't forget to check spam!"

Nothing in Inbox or Junk. So is this a common issue around these parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Signed up today, got the welcome "Your GoMo order is on its way!" email but haven't been able to login to the site yet because I'm not getting the password forgot/reset emails.

"Nearly there! We've just sent an email. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.Note: Don't forget to check spam!"

Exact same here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It has been a bit of a mess but login with your email and password that you used when getting GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

....Hope someone sees it and agrees and does something about it.......

The people who can do something about it are the people who can't bother their holes to look at the FAQs that somebody went to the trouble to put together and link to in the first post in this thread. I expect you'll find that most of us agree with you; we'd love those people to do something about that, rather than repeating the same questions ad nauseam.

I just tried AGAIN and chose the verify email option from an earlier email. This time I was asked to confirm my DOB and then I logged in using the same password I reset to this afternoon. And I'm in!

The people who can do something about it are the people who can't bother their holes to look at the FAQs that somebody went to the trouble to put together and link to in the first post in this thread. I expect you'll find that most of us agree with you; we'd love those people to do something about that, rather than repeating the same questions ad nauseam.

Lol. Exactly what I was thinking. Class! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Ush1 wrote: »
    Has anybody ported from Tesco Mobile on a 30 days sim only contract successfully?

If so, what settings did you use?

Have tried single line post pay with account number including CONTR at the start, didn't work, tried same without CONTR at the start, didn't work. Also tried prepaid registered(seemed wrong to me but Tescos suggestion) and it didn't work.

Just ask on the Tesco Mobile on boards. But hurry, they're pulling plant the end of the month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is there an option within your account to change the method of payment should you wish to down the line?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

There's a "Manage My Cards" section where you can add (and presumably delete) a card. Don't see anything about bank account details though. I haven't checked if GoMo are card only...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I signed up last Thursday and have not received any email confirmation. Did verify my mobile number. Tried to register on GoMo site and have not received verification email.

There's a "Manage My Cards" section where you can add (and presumably delete) a card. Don't see anything about bank account details though. I haven't checked if GoMo are card only...

That sounds good enough, thanks.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I signed up last Thursday and have not received any email confirmation. Did verify my mobile number. Tried to register on GoMo site and have not received verification email.

Try verifying your email again. That just worked for me after failing all afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is there an option within your account to change the method of payment should you wish to down the line?

Debit or credit card only, seems Irish ones only

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Try verifying your email again. That just worked for me after failing all afternoon.

Thanks.

Have attempted multiple times to register today.
    No verification mail in my spam folders.

I just don't know if my order has even gone through now. Haven't been charged. Just a €0 charge.

I'll keep trying.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Thanks.

Have attempted multiple times to register today.
    No verification mail in my spam folders.

I just don't know if my order has even gone through now. Haven't been charged. Just a €0 charge.

I'll keep trying.

Wait, you've had NO emails from them at all? Or just no password ones? Did you even get the SMS sent to the number you entered?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Debit or credit card only, seems Irish ones only

Thanks.

Are you just hit for the initial activation charge on signup or do they take month one too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement