Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Wait, you've had NO emails from them at all? Or just no password ones? Did you even get the SMS sent to the number you entered?

Did get the SMS during the sign up process last Thursday. They charged my account €0 (revolut card authorisation request).

Haven't received any emails at all. Not after the signup process, nor after attempting multiple times to register an account. I've searched through all my mail folders. I now have no idea if my SIM will arrive or not. Or if I will be charged the activation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Double check the email address in the SMS?

Double check the email address in the SMS?

No mention of an email address in the SMS:

'Hey! To verify your number please enter the following verification code 150560'

I would have entered my email address from my saved form history. Should have been correct.

I might just retry ordering the sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Be very careful with this company. At 7:55pm on 21/10 I received an email saying "This email is to confirm your cancellation request for your mobile number" and that it would be effective from midnight 22/10. Sure enough, at 1am my sim signal was lost.

I didn't ask them to cancel. I have no idea who did but I am now without signal and no mobile number is linked to my gomo account. I'm really concerned about how this could happ6 and if this means I'm going to lose the phone number I've had for years since it's no longer linked to s provider. Wonder if comreq would look at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

igCorcaigh wrote: »

My SMS had my order number and email I used signing up. Not sure what happened to you. Maybe try chat tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Did you tic the box to allow them to contact you via SMS & email during signup?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Pretty certain I did.

Pretty certain I did.

When I signed up I nearly did not tic it as I thought I'd get loads of unwanted crap from them. But when I read the small print underneath the box, it said if you don't tic it they will be unable to contact you via SMS or email & you will only be sent network updates to your GoMo account.

It also said you could change this anytime from within your account after completion.

That may be why you didn't get the confirmation email link which you need to click on within 12 hours.

You might be as well to chat to them later, no point in ordering a second account just in case?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

When I signed up I nearly did not tic it as I thought I'd get loads of unwanted crap from them. But when I read the small print underneath the box, it said if you don't tic it they will be unable to contact you via SMS or email & you will only be sent network updates to your GoMo account.

It also said you could change this anytime from within your account after completion.

That may be why you didn't get the confirmation email link which you need to click on within 12 hours.

You might be as well to chat to them later, no point in ordering a second account just in case?

Thanks for that, it sounds right.
    I think I'll wait another few days to see if my SIM arrives and perhaps I might be able to register then.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, it sounds right.
    I think I'll wait another few days to see if my SIM arrives and perhaps I might be able to register then.

Thanks for your help.

I'm thinking your order did actually go through, but I'm wondering about the email link you have to click on to verify your account? That is only valid for 12 hours, so how will you login even if you get the SIM? Or can you login as you are?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    A friend of mine works for the marketing company who manages their PR, he told me.

Any chance your friend could give you an update on signup figures again?

It would be interesting to see where they are at now.

I'm thinking your order did actually go through, but I'm wondering about the email link you have to click on to verify your account? That is only valid for 12 hours, so how will you login even if you get the SIM? Or can you login as you are?

Can't login because when I try to create an account, I never get the verification email.

I'm in a black hole :/

They do have my mobile number, and they have my revolut card details.

Can't login because when I try to create an account, I never get the verification email.

I'm in a black hole :/

They do have my mobile number, and they have my revolut card details.

You should try contact them so.

You can do it via this link but you may need to choose (Not a customer) in order to satisfy required fields so as you can explain your situation and ask them how you can allow them to contact you via SMS & email?

https://gomo.ie/contact/

Best of luck with it, hope you get sorted :)

Does ones billing period start when they insert the sim & go live, or when does it start?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Does ones billing period start when they insert the sim & go live, or when does it start?

As soon as they accept your order online

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

jonny_b wrote: »
    As soon as they accept your order online

And the 1st of the month thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Old McGroin

In case anyone is interested, I switched to Gomo from Three yesterday and am very happy with reception, it's better than Three where I live in East Cork and here at work in Ballincollig I have 20 mb download speed and 4 mb upload speed. Overall, glad I took the plunge, would recommend ��

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ardrageen

Switched from Vodafone to Gomo. Very disappointed with the speeds I am getting. I was consistently getting 10 to 15 Mbps downloads with Vodafone but I am only getting 2Mbps with Gomo. West Limerick area.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Signed up today, got the welcome "Your GoMo order is on its way!" email but haven't been able to login to the site yet because I'm not getting the password forgot/reset emails.

"Nearly there! We've just sent an email. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.Note: Don't forget to check spam!"

Nothing in Inbox or Junk. So is this a common issue around these parts?

I had the same problem and it was obviously something to do with mu hotmail account, I contacted support and asked them to send the verification email to my gmail account and it worked, the only problem then was I was told I had updated my account.

I didnt set up an account, so anyway I just clicked on the forgot my password and went through those stages and was able to log into my account, no idea how it happened but Im in and waiting on my sim card now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Set port time last night for six pm, didn't go through till 8 am this morning, but all good now and I'm happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Had the first weird thing happen today since I ported yesterday. Connection dropped from 4g to 3g to E, then nothing then back to E and back to 4g while I was browsing. Now it's ok 3 bars of 3g in togher area of cork city.

Granted im on a bus in close proximity to a lot of other people, wonder if the network is just having teething issues with all the new subscriptions and could be improved in the future? Regardless for 9.99 it's working great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

I didn't tick any of the boxes to receive emails /texts offers but still got confirmation text and email as expected

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

Ordered 16th, order says "In Progress".
    No sign of SIM. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Registered my daughters number (porting her from Vodafone X deal now that spotify is no longer available for free) for this under my own name etc on Wednesday evening last. All went through or seemed to. This morning when i check on the gomo.ie - under account details / My Phone Number, there's what appears to be a new 085 number listed.

Anyone know if they have to generate one prior to porting an 087 number over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

long_b wrote: »

I'd say they are just struggling with the amount of orders , they have changed website from 2 days to 10 days to receive sim and also not porting numbers at the order stage any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Registered my daughters number (porting her from Vodafone X deal now that spotify is no longer available for free) for this under my own name etc on Wednesday evening last. All went through or seemed to. This morning when i check on the gomo.ie - under account details / My Phone Number, there's what appears to be a new 085 number listed.

Anyone know if they have to generate one prior to porting an 087 number over?

Yes the SIM has an 085 number before porting

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

long_b wrote: »

Same boat here!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

scubadec wrote: »
    Has anyone used a GOMO simcard in an EIR phone.
    Do EIR phones need to be unlocked? Or do the SIM cards work straight away?

Mine worked fine.I had an unlock code ready to use,but didn't need it.very straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ordered Wed 16th at 11:35 am and received the SIM this morning.

Have a dual SIM phone, so going to test is for the day before porting. My main use is streaming online radio / music in the car, so will give the commute a couple of goes before porting..

Download speeds between 9 & 11 on first tests, compared to 16 on 3, which isn't bad. Will see what it's like at home and on the journey!

I'm getting a "H" symbol rather than 3G or 4G - does that mean I'm on 2G?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement