Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

kceire wrote: »
    I also got no notification of postage. It will just arrive.

lol I have a feeling it will just be dropped through the box or someone else's signature will be accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Regarding the voicemail issue, I got in touch with web chat and they said this:

"Is is a nationwide issue we are hoping to have it resolved in 24hr."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Where's the webchat link? I requested a port date of tomorrow but SIM hasn't arrived, want to check if it's possible to change port date to next week, to be safe.

PS. As asked earlier, is the billing date done by calendar month? Surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    so was anyone here not at home when their sim was delivered and had to reschedule?

Mine just came through the letterbox. No signature required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Where's the webchat link? I requested a port date of tomorrow but SIM hasn't arrived, want to check if it's possible to change port date to next week, to be safe.

PS. As asked earlier, is the billing date done by calendar month? Surely not?

Your port wont go through unless you have received your sim, that's GoMo's official response, my port time was last Friday morning @10am and I got a text from them around that time saying my port had been rescheduled as I had not received my sim from them.

Yes the billing is per calendar month, so the 9.99 sim activation fee covers you for the remainder of October and you will then be billed 9.99 on the first of November with it being taken from your card around the 7/8th of the month. I can only assume that those who sign up after the 1st of November, their activation fee will then cover them for the month of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I have ordered a SIM on 17th October. Still waiting to arrive. No dispatch email or any sign. Wondering if they provide support by phone.
    The earlier posts are clear. They are up to Wednesday at this point, at least Wednesday morning anyway.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Your port wont go through unless you have received your sim, that's GoMo's official response, my port time was last Friday morning @10am and I got a text from them around that time saying my port had been rescheduled as I had not received my sim from them.

Yes the billing is per calendar month, so the 9.99 sim activation fee covers you for the remainder of October and you will then be billed 9.99 on the first of November with it being taken from your card around the 7/8th of the month. I can only assume that those who sign up after the 1st of November, their activation fee will then cover them for the month of November.

Cheers.
    I should have waited for a response here. I send them an email (via their site) advising that the SIM hadn't arrived and to move the port to 01/11 to be safe... probably shouldn't have bothered.

Doesn't make much of an odds as i'm only paying 15.99 PM with eir currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

nihicib2 wrote: »
    I had the same problem and it was obviously something to do with mu hotmail account, I contacted support and asked them to send the verification email to my gmail account and it worked, the only problem then was I was told I had updated my account.

I didnt set up an account, so anyway I just clicked on the forgot my password and went through those stages and was able to log into my account, no idea how it happened but Im in and waiting on my sim card now

Yeah, hotmail here too - maybe that was it. Don't judge, I nabbed my name @ gmail back in '03 too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Ardrageen wrote: »
    Switched from Vodafone to Gomo. Very disappointed with the speeds I am getting. I was consistently getting 10 to 15 Mbps downloads with Vodafone but I am only getting 2Mbps with Gomo. West Limerick area.

Stay with it I’m in Kilkenny but the last thing GoMo want is unhappy customers so if people are complaining about speed issues all it takes is a switch on their part to up it so I’m sure they will. The whole point was to get everyone over - I haven’t ported yet but will be soon for €9.99 a month for everything they offer is pretty amazing I was with Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Talking about the pros and cons and what the actual catch may be "There's always a catch"
    On radio one right now
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Suckit wrote: »
    Talking about the pros and cons and what the actual catch may be "There's always a catch"
    On radio one right now
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/
    Can you share what is said, for those of us who can't listen at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Can you share what is said, for those of us who can't listen at present?

They said that if they reach the 100,000 target they are going to go again but this time it will be the same offer but for €5.99 & will only be available to those who haven't signed up before. That's the catch...

I'm only joking of course :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

I took a chance and moved to Gomo. I changed over my number to them. Porting took about 30seconds. I definitely think there's a catch and some extra charges.I presume, €9.99 is not including VAT to so that might drive it up to €12 approx. If anyone heard the radio 1 pros and cons, can you please post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Oige1981 wrote: »
    Stay with it I’m in Kilkenny but the last thing GoMo want is unhappy customers so if people are complaining about speed issues all it takes is a switch on their part to up it so I’m sure they will. The whole point was to get everyone over - I haven’t ported yet but will be soon for €9.99 a month for everything they offer is pretty amazing I was with Tesco.

You've obviously never dealt with eir in any of its incarnations.

And, no, they can't just flick a switch to upgrade their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

FWIW, I was on to Virgin Mobile support yesterday (I'm on VM) asking if I would get a refund for the unused portion of the month if I ported out, i.e. cancelled. They said I would but sure who knows if that'll pan out or not...

Anyways, they asked why I was leaving so I took the opportunity to say I'd stay with VM if they could price-match GoMo - for my account at least.

They declined my offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Larcoon wrote: »
    I took a chance and moved to Gomo. I changed over my number to them. Porting took about 30seconds. I definitely think there's a catch and some extra charges.I presume, €9.99 is not including VAT to so that might drive it up to €12 approx. If anyone heard the radio 1 pros and cons, can you please post
    €9.99 is incl VAT. https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

FWIW, I was on to Virgin Mobile support yesterday (I'm on VM) asking if I would get a refund for the unused portion of the month if I ported out, i.e. cancelled. They said I would but sure who knows if that'll pan out or not...

Anyways, they asked why I was leaving so I took the opportunity to say I'd stay with VM if they could price-match GoMo - for my account at least.

They declined my offer :)

Seriously, with the exception of maybe business accounts, this offer must have the other networks heads reeling? How are they going to counteract this?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

My porting is taking a while. Suppose I just need to wait it out.

When did you arrange to port over?

I was meant to port over yesterday at 10am but still no joy??

Am also with VM.

As said above, 9.99 is inc. VAT.... they're targeting the consumer market so their prices would inc. VAT. I can confirm I was charged 9.99 on my card for the first month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The price is the price. None of this nonsense of added vat afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Pro: Cheap
    Con: It's associated with Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

frosty123 wrote: »
    I've got eir mobile broadband..can I pop in the gomo sim card into the dongle and use it??
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Probably, gomo allow tethering which is effectively the same as using a dongle.

Can anyone confirm this?.. please

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They said that if they reach the 100,000 target they are going to go again but this time it will be the same offer but for €5.99 & will only be available to those who haven't signed up before. That's the catch...

I'm only joking of course :)

Iliad did just that in other countries. Their starting offer was (IIRC) €9.99 only available for a few months, then they dropped the price a few times as time went by (changing the offer slightly, so more data but fewer minutes, or vice versa), and I think their lowest tariff is now €4.99.

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Pro: Cheap
    Con: It's associated with Eir

In fairness it's more than cheap.

I've had a mobile account with eir for many years now & never ever had any issues with it.

Some of the posts on this thread are bemusing. You'd swear some people have never used a mobile phone in their life.

It's a great deal. If you think there has to be hidden charges or their speeds are bad then don't sign up.

I wonder how long one can take before deciding to port a number over?

Will the option be in your account permanently or will it be removed at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I wasn't able to get into my account at all, my password wouldn't work so done all the resets as I tried over the weekend and that failed but when I tried for a second time today all the emails came through.

Changed password and can now log in.... Ordered on 16th showing in progress.

Chat was available also but didn't need to hassle them.

Just hope the signal will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

branners69 wrote: »
    When did you arrange to port over?

I was meant to port over yesterday at 10am but still no joy??

Am also with VM.
    9:30 this morning. Gomo website still says in progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

I wonder how long one can take before deciding to port a number over?

Will the option be in your account permanently or will it be removed at some stage?

will never be removed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement