Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Where does it say that speeds are throttled?

Clearly in the terms - 6.4
    https://gomo.ie/terms/

Goes to 1 Mb after according to the support chat

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

cormie wrote: »

From what I remember, you don't need to CANCEL with current provider, that the switch over process actioned by GOMO should take care of all that, or should we be phoning our current providers on the day of the switch to make sure our accounts are closed?

Contact them on the day of the switch and cancel everything (pay your final bill)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Shane_ef wrote: »

Should your data usage exceed 80GB in a billing cycle. Nowhere does it say the normal service is throttled to 10mbit on 4G like some are suggesting

Hibernicis wrote: »
    The PPS is totally different to the other ID you list. The recording or use of a PPS by a private company is illegal, unless it is specifically provided for in law.

They’re not looking for PPS. Options are Public Service card number, passport or driving license.

I think the mix up come from public service card number as it’s different to your PPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Signed up half an hour ago. Everything working on the site when I signed up, no problems. I was with Eir on the €20 sim only plan with the same offer so getting half price is handy. Just used a PSC card number for proof. With GDPR I’m not as wary about information being misused as I would have been.

I have to give 30 days notice so I picked the farthest date away (30 days) for the switchover. Got charged €9.99 so far, probably the activation fee. Haven’t gotten the second charge yet. Don’t know if they wait until the number is ported and activated to charge.

• Advertisement

I’m giving it a go.

Currently paying Vodafone 35 euro for a stupidly small amount of data and reception has gone to pot the last 2 weeks. No 3G or 4g for me, my phone’s barely connected to EDGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

Gonna give it a go, currently with Virgin 25 quid a month , Whats the worst that can happen suffer 30 days of crap service , and then switch back, hopefully will be ok cant go wrong for 10 quid a month if it is good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Hibernicis wrote: »
    The PPS is totally different to the other ID you list. The recording or use of a PPS by a private company is illegal, unless it is specifically provided for in law.

They do not require your pps but list your public service card as one of their ids available. As in just the public services "card number". Not your pps

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It has been pointed out at least 3 times on this thread that there is no 10Mbps limit. It is a regulatory requirement for all 4G mobile providers for advertising purposes. If it's 4G then they have to advertise it as up to 10Mbps.

Aye, I guess they could still restrict it to 10MB though? But 10MB doesn't seem to be as bad as people here think? It'll still stream youtube without lag, so I assume it'll suffice for most mobile usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

LizardKing wrote: »
    cannot get into the my.gomo.ie site getting SSL error

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to my.gomo.ie. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I often see this exact error at work when the poxy proxy blocks the connection. Proxy usually coughs up the message if you try without the S in HTTPS : http://my.gomo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Price is great, but if the customer service is described as 'bare bones' in comparison to eir you may forget about getting any help whatsoever with problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Just signed up for a SIM for our holiday home, it was a pain in the a$$ having to swap over my own SIM to the mobile hotspot every time we visited.

I'll get my missus and son to port as well, they are only after moving to 3 Pre-pay about 2 weeks ago (which didn't cover charges to other networks) :) Worst case, they can go back.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Been having woeful issues with Three since moving a few weeks ago. Will be giving this a go. Can't be much worse anyway

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cormie wrote: »
    Aye, I guess they could still restrict it to 10MB though?

All of the mobile operators have to do it so any of them could restrict it to 10Mbps if they want to. They could have done that at any time before these regulations came into force if they wanted to as well. The 10Mbps means nothing. Don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

xckjoo wrote: »
    Been having woeful issues with Three since moving a few weeks ago. Will be giving this a go. Can't be much worse anyway

I just swapped too. 3's coverage has become diabolical this last while. Used to get steady 4g at home and now I can barely get 1 bar with H.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Just to clarify
    Its per monthly billing so if you are switching/porting your old number then if you switch before November you pay €9.99 + €9.99 activation fee
    What I did was set the change-over date to November 1st so I only paid the €9.99 activation fee. I will be billed the €9.99 for November on the 8th of November

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Wonder if there will be issues with 2FA codes via SMS. Think I recall some issues in that area from another MVNO?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I suppose this is going to turn the Eir mobile network into a sh*theap like 3 with their all you can eat data lark?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

adox wrote: »
    Im gonna sign up for this for my Mrs. She currently uses a PAYG. Im going to give all my details and pay for it, which I presume there isnt any issue with?

I did the same, paying for two sims out of my account. No issue doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

ted1 wrote:
    No , they state it’s 9.99 for life.

PTSB had the same promise years ago with free banking for life and now they've started charging. I'd analyse the ts and cs with a fine tooth comb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Can you cancel anytime?

Can you cancel anytime?

Yeah. Allow 30 days notice but you pay in advance so if you do cancel, gives you time for a port to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111347249&postcount=13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

PTSB had the same promise years ago with free banking for life and now they've started charging. I'd analyse the ts and cs with a fine tooth comb.

Yes, but I have one of those Ptsb accounts with free banking for life that they cannot change

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Just joined was on the €34.50 Eir had out years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Signed up as well - if its worse than any current provider I'll just switch again in 30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

My son in in contract till December. If I bought a SIM now and kept it active till then would it be possible then to change his number over or does that have to be at the start when you get a SIM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Signed both of us up, a combined monthly saving €25, yearly of €300. It all adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Signed myself and missus up under the one contract.. which is a very handy offering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Can I use as a hotspot

Have a 3 modem with only 15 GB allowance and it costs me 12 a month

( Old student contract)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement