Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

iamtony wrote: »
    My son in in contract till December. If I bought a SIM now and kept it active till then would it be possible then to change his number over or does that have to be at the start when you get a SIM?

Would you not port over now and just pay the contract off? It will cost the same anyway and he’d definitely have his mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Just having a look through thread - already on Eir at 20 per month (SIMO) - if I sign up to this, do I need to cancel my current Eir account or is that taken care off by porting? Thanks if anybody knows the answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I only recently switched to eir's sim only offer (as in the first month hasn't even passed yet). Can I setup now and port my number later or am I best to try and port the existing number (which could be a issue as I don't have the account/UAN yet)

What ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Would you not port over now and just pay the contract off? It will cost the same anyway and he’d definitely have his mobile number.
    I assumed you'd have to pay penalties or fees no?

iamtony wrote: »
    I assumed you'd have to pay penalties or fees no?

Depends.. with VF they want the remaining "per month" charges but no fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Does any one know what charges aren't covered by the €9.99 monthly fee? E.g. Voicemail, premium rate numbers, roaming. Can't see it any where on their site.

Voicemail is free.. Just signed up porting number over also Thursday nearest date allowed select.. Sim coming by courier I believe.... Sounds too good to be true! Time will tell 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

I'm also curious as to whether there would be any issue popping this into a sim router for lowish monthly data uses.

Also, can I just order the SIM without porting number and port at a later stage. i.e. trial it and no risk to my number if not happy?

I've GoMo chat open here but waiting on representative a while now...

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

msmx5 wrote: »
    Just wondering where you saw its possible to port later?
    Daith wrote: »
    If you sign up and create an account, there's an option to "move number" there. I imagine it's similar to the current EIR porting system.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I had actually sent an a query to their customer support too and fair dues to them, they came back quickly and actually answered my question (about trialling service and then porting later) and gave some other relevant info. First impressions of CS are good!

Info below from email reply received :-
    If you purchase a SIM with ourselves, you will have a cooling-off period of 14 days to which you will be able to cease the account that night. If you are outside the cooling-off period the account will cease at the end of the month. There is no period that our customers are required to stay with us. 

If you wish to port over a number you can do this whenever you want, either at initial purchase or later on in your MyGoMo account.

westyIrl wrote: »
    I'm also curious as to whether there would be any issue popping this into a sim router for lowish monthly data uses.

Also, can I just order the SIM without porting number and port at a later stage. i.e. trial it and no risk to my number if not happy?

I've GoMo chat open here but waiting on representative a while now...

Jim

Asked the same question above :) Be interested to see what they say - although it's after 5:30 so you/we may have to wait till the morning.

I'm happy enough with the service from eir (same exact thing basically and getting it at the same price), but the "for life" is the draw here for me.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I had actually sent an a query to their customer support too and fair dues to them, they came back quickly and actually answered my question (about trialling service and then porting later) and gave some other relevant info. First impressions of CS are good!

Info below from email reply received :-
    If you purchase a SIM with ourselves, you will have a cooling-off period of 14 days to which you will be able to cease the account that night. If you are outside the cooling-off period the account will cease at the end of the month. There is no period that our customers are required to stay with us. 

If you wish to port over a number you can do this whenever you want, either at initial purchase or later on in your MyGoMo account.

OK so buy now.. secure account and "free for life", port number later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I hate eir and the way the Irish government at the time sold it off, I bet if it was in state hands we'd have broadband throughout Ireland. I'd never buy into an eir product no matter how cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Asked the same question above :) Be interested to see what they say - although it's after 5:30 so you/we may have to wait till the morning.

Cheers for that. Seems to be worth a punt in that case although I'm no fan of anything of Eir's ilk. Just went prepay €20 with postmobile this morn...typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

westyIrl wrote: »

Yes.

received the below from customer support earlier.

Yes.

received the below from customer support earlier.

Sorted... ordered now :)

Anyone get a confirmation email or password reset one yet? I got a text to confirm my order but I was gonna have a look through their online portal and maybe order a 2nd SIM for the little fella :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Yep, account all set up

• Registered Users Posts: 45,454 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

80GB offer gone? Now saying 10GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

6 wrote: »

They got to 100,000 very fast so!

Anyway, can someone explain how undercutting themselves in the market as some new brand like this is a money maker?

Like why wouldn't eir just make an offer on eir at this price? I don't get the business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

10gb when roaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

10gb roaming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

willah wrote: »
    10gb when roaming

Nope, looks like the 80GB deal is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Nope, looks like the 80GB deal is gone

Still says 80GB here
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Yeah read it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It will take a long time to reach 100k in reality, not a few hours. For 10 euro, people will think. If say they'd have 1-2k today?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It’s “All Data” which is limited to 80GB and the 10 GB is when roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Just signed up. Currently on a SIMO deal with Eir - live chat told me I didn't have to give any notice to cancel! Not sure I believe it, but I have it in writing from the live chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Tried messaging them to see if they're doing wifi calling (I'm prob asking for alot for 10e a month) but no response. My mams contract with Vodafone is up in November and despite being on the correct plan and handset she cannot get wifi calling to work and I've been onto them umpteen times at this stage with no resolution and no call backs as promised so they can shove their plan. I'll either sign her up on Eir or this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Has anyone clarified if you chosen to port on say 10th Nov? When do u pay from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Just signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

I’m with 3 out of contract and this seems too good to pass up.

Bit nervous about 3 losing my number. Had heard stories. Should I worry?

Also

What’s the advantage of getting ported later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement