Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Guys, anymore experience with this GoMo, I'm happy with tesco, but wouldnt mind trying when contract up, hearing terrible report on that gomo though

If only there was a thread about it somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

Chat button available NOW, for any that need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

Anyone have a link or anything to the Cell Towers that Gomo uses? i assume it meteor towers as that was eir but my an app on my phone was telling me otherwise

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ordered two sims for my parents on Monday evening, one of them turned up this morning, phone number appeared on one of the accounts yesterday evening and a text was received this morning saying SIM card was out for delivery, no movement on the second sim at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Call Catcher works, I had it on Eir but not sure if its on my GoMo account, haven't had a call catcher text since last Friday. I just left myself a voicemail, so can confirm that all is fine with the Voicemail now.
    Curious about this myself. I don't use voicemail, but I still need to see if anyone was trying to contact me when the phone is off. When I turn off all diverts on Gomo all I'm getting is "the person you are trying to contact is unavailable, etc"....but no Text to let me know somebody tried to contact me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

TPM wrote: »
    Gomo change over me mad.
    My wife and I ordered 2 sims each.
    My wife received both cards and ported numbers, both are working for calls but no mobile data access at all.
    I only received one sim and it wont activate at all.
    It took support 3 days to respond to the message about the missing sim, and still waiting for a reply about the one that wont activate.

Can anyone help me out with the data issue? thanks in advance

Just wondering did you get sorted? I have the same problem with the data. Number ported, but no data or voicemail. Screen shot of what my phone is showing below.
    Can anyone help?!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭pat1981

maybe change ur apn settings mobile data to the same as personal hotspot.
    my settings are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I'm worried now that my order is being delayed as I payed with revolut. My wife and I both ordered last Wednesday her sim arrived on Monday and she used her visa. I still haven't been assigned a number yet on the website she was given her one on the day after ordering.

Are they basically not dealing with revolut orders and just leaving us hanging?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Tried out mine before porting, seems exact same as my eir sim.

I was setting up voicemail, do you have to have your own greeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Oige1981 wrote: »
    you can do so yes - but WIFI calling is different its basically direct from one contact to someone else who's not on WIFI basically it uses the WIFI as the signal and then redirects it to the other person. Think of it like using an internet telephone company to reroute your call to the other area.

Viber out is also an option for calls when roaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

How did you change you port date?
    When I try and enter my number I get "Port details already captured and in progress for this number".
    I've even canceled my port for next week as it said I could reschedule, but when I try to reschedule I just get the same message.

I had my port date scheduled for middle of November just in case I changed my mind about the whole thing. When I originally put in my current mobile number, it carried out a check and was able to tell me I am with Lycamobile. They sent me out a PIN as well that I had to enter.
    Today I just went into Account Details, Move My Number and I was able to change my port date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

Anyone have a link or anything to the Cell Towers that Gomo uses? i assume it meteor towers as that was eir but my an app on my phone was telling me otherwise

Should be using all Eir towers.
    https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#explore

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Friday of a bank holiday weekend would be one reason, if anything goes wrong, support might be difficult to navigate over the weekend. It'll cost nothing to delay the port until next week. Up to yourself though

Yes that did occur to me but (i) I'm eager to get it done (ii) I suspected other people might be reluctant to port just before the bank holiday so might be a quieter period (if you see everyone running in one direction, run the opposite direction :pac::pac::pac:) (iii) I read an earlier post saying that weekend was bad time to port so hoping to avail of the "transfer window" of tomorrow morning :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Voicemail now working fine. Was initially a little quick to divert to voicemail so just extended it out to 30 seconds. Very happy with GoMo so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

What kind of speeds r u getting on PC/Laptop using hotspot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Whatever about the speeds on Gomo, the "geographical" coverage, so far, is much more superior to Vodafone. I spend a lot of time in my car and use BBC iPlayer most of the time. On a journey today, southern counties, I lost connection twice. Previously on the same route with Vodafone I would have lost coverage about 8 or 9 times, maybe more. Mobile providers should NEVER advertise about population coverage. The hint is in the mobile bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Still no data on my daughters, restart didn't help, any suggestions?

What kind of speeds r u getting on PC/Laptop using hotspot?

This is what I'm getting on my laptop using hotspot i mBothár na Trá :pac:

8701802455.png

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Still no data on my daughters, restart didn't help, any suggestions?

Daughters can be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Ordered on 16th and still no sign of it, anyone else waiting that long?

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Answered a million times.
    igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yes

Now answered a million and one times :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

The customer service with this crowd is utterly appalling. I haven’t been able to receive calls since last Thursday 17th October. They messed up the port. Support just tell you to turn to phone off/on or try the sim in a different phone. Really wonder if they even have an engineer working for them at all. It’s complete incompetence. If you port to them you better pray it goes through ok or else you’re on your own. They simply don’t want to know. Have informed them I’ll be lodging a complaint with comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

jclack wrote:
    Ordered on 16th and still no sign of it, anyone else waiting that long?

Same boat here. What card did you pay with?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

HighLine wrote: »
    Voicemail now working fine. Was initially a little quick to divert to voicemail so just extended it out to 30 seconds. Very happy with GoMo so far.
    How do you extend the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Hi those who had issues switching while using an iPhone did you get imessage sorted and if so can i ask how you did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Hi those who had issues switching while using an iPhone did you get imessage sorted and if so can i ask how you did it?

No still not activated. Don’t know what to do really. Support are utterly useless
    It’s to do with them messing up the port of the number I’m pretty sure

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Same boat here. What card did you pay with?

Just a normal visa debit one. The 10 activation fee was taken out that night but haven't heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im looking at that comreg map and I cant find any Eir masts on it anywhere, are they not there or am I being a bit thick?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

My port has failed and I can't find a way around it.
    Over 24 hours trying to get in touch with them now and I'm beginning to lose my patience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

I think I'll leave porting for a few weeks...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement