Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Thargor wrote: »
    Im looking at that comreg map and I cant find any Eir masts on it anywhere, are they not there or am I being a bit thick?
    I think they're labelled as Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RJellybean

Same boat here. What card did you pay with?

I'm the same. Ordered on 16th with a BOI visa deit card. No delivery or even number registered on account. I had said to myself it will be delivered whenever but when you see people who ordered after you getting their sims its kinda fustrating. There doesn't seem to be any order to the deliveries At this stage the earliest we can expect delivery is Tueday but i'm not going to hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Thargor wrote: »
    How do you extend the time?

(Quoted from online below)

You can increase the time from 5 to 30 seconds, or in multiples of 5 seconds.

Just dial the following on your mobile:

**61*(mailbox number)**(number of seconds you want it to ring for)# and send.

The default ringing time is 15 seconds. If you don’t know your voicemail number, it’s just your normal mobile number with a 5 added after the prefix. For example, 087 5 1234567.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

LEIN wrote: »
    My port has failed and I can't find a way around it.
    Over 24 hours trying to get in touch with them now and I'm beginning to lose my patience.

Anyone having issues I’d advise the following which is in their code of conduct:

Tell chat staff to ESCALATE the issue. They’re obliged to give you a case reference number then.

They have 48 hours from then to resolve the issue.

If not resolved then email complaints@gomo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hi those who had issues switching while using an iPhone did you get imessage sorted and if so can i ask how you did it?
    No still not activated. Don’t know what to do really. Support are utterly useless
    It’s to do with them messing up the port of the number I’m pretty sure

I got it working by turning off iMessage and Facetime then signing out of iCloud.

Then power off for 5 minutes when you power back on sign back into iCloud and once you are signed in turn back on both iMessage and Facetime and they should be working and your phone number should be linked.

Well that is what worked for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

That worked for me great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Voicemail not accepting my ported number, anybody else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

LEIN wrote: »
    My port has failed and I can't find a way around it.
    Over 24 hours trying to get in touch with them now and I'm beginning to lose my patience.

Mine failed as-well. Finally got a reply by sending them a DM on twitter. They replied about 16hours later: "I have escalated your case to our ops team, they will investigate and hopefully get your problem resolved shortly."
    Havent heard a thing since. Will be 48 hours from tomorrow morning since port started, so looks like comreg will be next call. The port still showing as in-progress on my current eir account. Which also shows my service as "not active" when I got into myeir.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

So no email received when registering so can't sign up to a gomo account. Only received a few texts from them, but tonight when the porting was supposed to happen nothing has.. and no matter how much I register or forget my password, no email is received and not in spam folder.. frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

ando wrote: »
    So no email received when registering so can't sign up to a gomo account. Only received a few texts from them, but tonight when the porting was supposed to happen nothing has.. and no matter how much I register or forget my password, no email is received and not in spam folder.. frustrating

This part is a bloody joke. I've the same issue, I've emailed them and sent a message to them on Facebook and no reply.
    Are you Hotmail or Gmail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

If moving from a 30 day rolling contract (or 28 day Vodafone X), what account type should be selected during the port selection? PostPay Single Line, or PrePay Registered?

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I ordered sim last week and nothing has arrived.

I d like to change my mind and stay with Vodafone. Is it possible to reverse order and cancel the switching date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭shmeee

Mr Velo wrote: »
    If moving from a 30 day rolling contract (or 28 day Vodafone X), what account type should be selected during the port selection? PostPay Single Line, or PrePay Registered?

Any help greatly appreciated.

PostPay Single Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Received my sim today, more than a week after the order. It ported immediately though and setup was seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Ordered on Tuesday 15/10
    Sim delivered and service live on Mon 21/10
    Number sucessfully ported from Vodafone on Tue 22/10, total port time approx 25 mins
    Voice, SMS, Data and iMessage all working successfully with no issues
    Voicemail working successfully as of today
    Surprised and delighted with data coverage and speeds, both at home and while travelling across Munster, including rural routes
    Already counting the savings !!

No complaint whatsoever. A very satisfied customer.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Ordered SIM on 15th. Received and ported on 17th. Everything was fine, I thought, until I tried sending a text message. Got a popup saying "message not sent". For remainder of the day I had a Twitter conversation with GoMo and they said the matter would be escalated.
    Today I enquired about progress and the reply was;
    "Your port over is still in progress
    even though it has gone through.
    we will get it updated on your
    account"
    I asked how a port can go through and still be in progress after 7 days.
    Awaiting their reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

My speedtests continue!
    Dublin Dame St area, 63mbps D, 29mbps U

Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

The email verification is sending me around in circles. Keeps bringing me back to the page where you type in your email. And keeps looping.

For those waiting on SIMs they say to wait at least 10 working days before contacting them.

493685.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

For those with 2 sims on one account, how do you know which sim refers to which original mobile number?
    The gomo site shows the 2 new numbers that are on the way but doesn’t say which one is linked to which original number?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Villan11

For those with 2 sims on one account, how do you know which sim refers to which original mobile number?
    The gomo site shows the 2 new numbers that are on the way but doesn’t say which one is linked to which original number?

Had the same issue but stumbled upon the solution.
    MyGoMo > Account Details > Pick a number > Move my number > Update My move > Current number is displayed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Finally looks like I have been issued with a number on the website so expecting sim card on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

sent me 2 sims??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Is there a way to completely disable voicemail?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,435 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

GoMo vs Three

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

AngelaRI wrote: »
    GoMo vs Three

Jees, where in the country is that and are the speeds consistently that bad on different days/times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,435 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Jees, where in the country is that and are the speeds consistently that bad on different days/times

Middle of Sandyford, Dublin! Same location for both days (the late night one was outside of Greystones, better data in the countryside than city)
    And I've dropped my Gomo due to that, and the fact that for a day and a half all I had was spotty data, my voice/text hadn't ported to Gomo but had ported out of Three leaving me in limbo ahead of the long weekend. Took a whole hour to port back into Three and get this morning's readings

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I got set up yesterday and all is now working well.

FYI, one issue I had was I received my sim on Wednesday but myGoMo account had no number assigned and the order was still 'in progress'. I got onto live chat and asked what the status was, but I got no resolution here except wait 24-48hrs for it to activate. At the same I had sent the same question to GoMo on Facebook, which got a response after a while but was much more beneficial. The person there took my details and forwarded the case to the 'ops' team to check. They suggested that either the order would be processed or a new sim would be sent. Around 2 hours later the original sim I received was added to my account and the 'in progress' order was gone.

I cant be sure that FB will always be better, still seems like it hit or miss who you get through to at the moment but for others be aware that FB might be another option. Hopefully this gets better as things settle down and sign ups level out.

So far:
    - iMessage/Facetime activated
    - Calls to Eir/Three are fine
    - Speeds are same as on Eir network. I've had tests >50mb a lot, some very slow. This is normal for Eir/any network that speeds will vary.
    - Wifi Calling option is there, but doesnt activate
    - Number ported over within 20 mins of port time

I'm in Dublin and came from Eir bill pay sim only.

Also one other thing, for iMessage activation... When I ported my number and put the sim in, the number in 'Phone' in the settings was the 085 number that came with the sim. Ensure you change this before activating iMessage. Even it prompts you to activate, hit cancel and ensure you go to phone settings and check the number is correct. Then go to Messages and you can activate iMessage from there and it should use your correct number. Maybe this is overkill, but I've experienced issues before when porting numbers and iMessage, and this method worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Eh, hypothetically...

Let's say you're a bit sleepy when signing up, and can't remember if you requested keeping your original number or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

ordered late last week. Sim arrived yesterday. Ported no problem. 63.1Mbps down, 24.8Mps up, Dublin City, indoors behind thick old walls. For 10 quid it’s a no brainier (so far).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

The Stupid Question:

I ordered 2 sims on one account. Does this mean 2 X €9.99 per month? Thanks.

(didn't need 2, just figured one why not, one is going into a MIFI dongle... is that a DOH! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement