Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

AngelaRI wrote: »
    GoMo vs Three

Thats really poor especially for Dublin where you would think there would be at least decent speeds.

I'm down in cork myself, speeds are pretty much hit and miss, my lowest has been between 4 and 3 up and down to 20 and 7Mbps.

Call quality isn't great so far, my sister phoned me just a few minutes ago and the connection was terrible and she was just down the road.

Early days yet though i'll give them the month and see if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

got my sim this morning.... port date was set for next tuesday. Ordered sim 17/10

Updated port to 9am this morning, by 9.15 all was completed. Calls sending and receiving fine.

Same internet speed and bars as my previous network (eir)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Middle of Sandyford, Dublin! Same location for both days (the late night one was outside of Greystones, better data in the countryside than city)
    And I've dropped my Gomo due to that, and the fact that for a day and a half all I had was spotty data, my voice/text hadn't ported to Gomo but had ported out of Three leaving me in limbo ahead of the long weekend. Took a whole hour to port back into Three and get this morning's readings

I don’t know what the story was but I had worse data connection that you for the first 3 or so days of this week just after I ported. But it’s now gone back to comparable with Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

got my sim this morning.... port date was set for next tuesday. Ordered sim 17/10

Updated port to 9am this morning, by 9.15 all was completed. Calls sending and receiving fine.

Same internet speed and bars as my previous network (eir)

Upload speed 24.0
    Download speed 12.2

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stephenw105

What kind of speeds r u getting on PC/Laptop using hotspot?

I'm using my phone as a hotspot and I'm about 3/4 miles away from the nearest Eir mast in rural Meath and my data speed is pretty unpredictable. Evening time i can watch netflix on the TV fine. But during the day its pretty bad, up and down like a yoyo. Best 4mb/s download but getting 0 plenty of times and unable to use for work as i keep losing connection. Three mast is about a mile away in same direction and data can be 100mb/s night and min 10mb/s during day but never losses connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Eh, hypothetically...

Let's say you're a bit sleepy when signing up, and can't remember if you requested keeping your original number or not...

When the porting time arrives, keep an eye on your phone with the old sim. It should stop working if the port goes through. (I'm assuming)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

What happens if I don't get the sim in time for the porting date I chose. I can't see anywhere to change or see the date, it used to be there.

Will the old sim stop working?

GoMo vs Three

Thats only relevant to where you are located to a Mast and users on that mast. My GoMo coverage is pants compared to Tesco which is on Three. Also find it odd as Eir say they are giving 10mb/s download to GoMo users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Where do Eir say they are giving 10 mb/'s download to GoMo users. Can you provide a link to the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've only had 1 email from them when I signed up. No pin, puk details etc or login details. Any attempts to login or refresh password failed last week. I was just waiting till sun arrived to start figuring out out. SIM is ready for collection from post office today so hoping all will make sense when I get it.
    Just cleared out €16 of credit on donations across a few charities which is an added bonus.

Hoping all will go to plan on scheduled putting date

• Advertisement

Thats only relevant to where you are located to a Mast and users on that mast. My GoMo coverage is pants compared to Tesco which is on Three. Also find it odd as Eir say they are giving 10mb/s download to GoMo users.
    They say that to Eir Mobile customers too. It's not actually enforced.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Where do Eir say they are giving 10 mb/'s download to GoMo users. Can you provide a link to the statement.

https://theliberal.ie/new-mobile-network-gomo-offers-sim-only-plans-from-as-little-as-e9-99-for-the-first-100000-customers/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

Anyone having issues I’d advise the following which is in their code of conduct:

Tell chat staff to ESCALATE the issue. They’re obliged to give you a case reference number then.

They have 48 hours from then to resolve the issue.

If not resolved then email complaints@gomo.ie

Cheers for this. Finally got through to chat and got a ref number. Even though I asked to escalate it wasn't until I mentioned 'customer code of practice' that she agreed to give me a number with a promise of 48hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Also find it odd as Eir say they are giving 10mb/s download to GoMo users.

It's been said soooooo many times in this thread already. That 10mbs is purely for regulatory affairs as requested by comreg. All networks declare the same in terms but reality is speed will be completely different. Some parts reporting up to 100mbs and many with less. Wish people would read the thread a bit, can you answer the next few people who ask this same question over next few days for me, thanks

Tesco Three v GoMo test for my location

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Gooser14 wrote: »

It's not correct. I think RTE quoted it and it was picked up but Eir have said it's whatever signal you get so could get more, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

How long has everyone been waiting for their sim? Ordered Sunday still not here today. Surely can't take that long to get a blank sim in an envelope

irishchris wrote: »
    It's been said soooooo many times in this thread already. That 10mbs is purely for regulatory affairs as requested by comreg. All networks declare the same in terms but reality is speed will be completely different. Some parts reporting up to 100mbs and many with less. Wish people would read the thread a bit, can you answer the next few people who ask this same question over next few days for me, thanks

Relax mate, many people only come on when there is some info they are trying to find out or issue they are having. They don't live on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Relax mate, many people only come on when there is some info they are trying to find out or issue they are having. They don't live on boards.

Boards should add a search feature. Then this kind of thing would stop happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Boards should add a search feature. Then this kind of thing would stop happening.

Yeah, if only there was a search function...... Oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Etnies wrote: »
    How long has everyone been waiting for their sim? Ordered Sunday still not here today. Surely can't take that long to get a blank sim in an envelope
    I think Thursday orders are now being delivered.

I've given my tupence on my findings on GoMo so I'm done on this topic and at present it's pants where I'm located, as per my speed test. It all really depends on where you are located and the users in your area on that network. But test it before you switch. I'll only be using GoMo in the Evening (only time it works for me) for Netflix as I use up the data allowance on Tesco/Vodafone with work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Etnies wrote: »

I ordered at 11.40 last Thursday and still waiting, been told if I don't get it by next Friday to contact them again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

KOR101 wrote: »
    I think Thursday orders are now being delivered.

Ordered Saturday, got Welcome to Gomo email Wednesday, Sim received yesterday (Thursday)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭lolie

Wonder have they gone over the 100,000 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I have sim a couple of days now, and porting is sheduled to kick off 1st Nov.

Should I just go ahead and port today? Any reason not to??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I ordered two SIMs last Friday, got them both yesterday. They're both on a single VM account and I had the port date for both set to Novembre 1st. Changed the port date on one last night to 9am this morning and it's showing 'in progress' so I'm playing the waiting game. The time it takes to port seems to be a bit random. Some waiting 15 minutes, others 24 hours and a few having issues porting. I'm wondering should I have set the porting for both SIMs to the same time seeing as how they're on the same VM account.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

I'm still unable to port with my primary number - now at 65 hours and counting :( Just keep getting the "oh no" text when I try.
    Support say there is an issue with porting on the website at the moment, btw.

• Advertisement

jakdublin wrote: »
    I ordered two SIMs last Friday, got them both yesterday. They're both on a single VM account and I had the port date for both set to Novembre 1st. Changed the port date on one last night to 9am this morning and it's showing 'in progress' so I'm playing the waiting game. The time it takes to port seems to be a bit random. Some waiting 15 minutes, others 24 hours and a few having issues porting. I'm wondering should I have set the porting for both SIMs to the same time seeing as how they're on the same VM account.
    I was the same. A multi line VM account. Took a while to port over, a few hours at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement