Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I ordered my SIM late last Thursday night, got it yesterday. Changed my port time to 10:00 this morning.
    My port was done in a few minutes. Got a welcome text from GoMo, making calls with my old number so happy ooooooooooout :):):)
    https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5421561573

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have to say, so far, doing exactly what I need it to do. SIM card in a router, for responsive CCTV cameras (they save locally, so no cloud storage). Rather than paying €30 a month to Three, €10 a month does the exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Probably be moving back to my previous provider

Where I live & work, 2 different towns, just getting Edge or 3G if I'm lucky

Funny, in the town where I live, Eir will be releasing 5G ( I know that's not related, but still )

But I have a dual sim phone and Vodafone is my other SIM, so might hang tough and see what if anything the other
    providers come up with to attract back customers?

I have sim a couple of days now, and porting is sheduled to kick off 1st Nov.

Should I just go ahead and port today? Any reason not to??

Go for it, mine just ported this morning after changing my port day yesterday.
    No idea why people are having problems. I was with Lycamobile, paying 15e a month in advance. I ported my number from Three a few years ago.
    I put "prepay registered" in the section where you picked 1 out of 4 options.
    I wonder are people putting wrong information there?
    Anyway all good with me especially as my old Lyca balance was up today 🙂🙂🙂

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

KOR101 wrote: »
    I think Thursday orders are now being delivered.

Ive ordered two sims last monday and both have arrived now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I don’t know what the story was but I had worse data connection that you for the first 3 or so days of this week just after I ported. But it’s now gone back to comparable with Virgin.

That was only a small part of my issue though - my port had stopped or gotten stuck or failed or something, and the customer support folk didn't even try to investigate, just told to me to keep waiting 'a few more hours' and it 'might resolve'. I requested tech support a number of times, ignored (facebook, twitter, chat). I wasn't able to receive calls or texts (OTP for online banking or any other services that send pins via text!), that was the bigger issue, especially with the bank holiday weekend looming and no attempt at investigating the issue (no acknowledgement that there even WAS an issue), that is what put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

AngelaRI wrote: »
    That was only a small part of my issue though - my port had stopped or gotten stuck or failed or something, and the customer support folk didn't even try to investigate, just told to me to keep waiting 'a few more hours' and it 'might resolve'. I requested tech support a number of times, ignored (facebook, twitter, chat). I wasn't able to receive calls or texts (OTP for online banking or any other services that send pins via text!), that was the bigger issue, especially with the bank holiday weekend looming and no attempt at investigating the issue (no acknowledgement that there even WAS an issue), that is what put me off
    That's fair. I was just chiming in with similar issues, that thankfully got sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I was the same. A multi line VM account. Took a while to port over, a few hours at least.

Good to hear. No need to panic yet so. Are you happy with the service so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

dave oc wrote: »
    I got set up yesterday and all is now working well.

Also one other thing, for iMessage activation... When I ported my number and put the sim in, the number in 'Phone' in the settings was the 085 number that came with the sim. Ensure you change this before activating iMessage. Even it prompts you to activate, hit cancel and ensure you go to phone settings and check the number is correct. Then go to Messages and you can activate iMessage from there and it should use your correct number. Maybe this is overkill, but I've experienced issues before when porting numbers and iMessage, and this method worked for me.

With regards to iMessage.... if you let your service with the other provider go dead first (i.e. no coverage)..... then put in your GoMo sim (which should be now the same number which has been ported over from other provider.... should you have to go to through the steps you described above?

In the situation i'm describing, iMessage would never have been turned off on the phone... just that the sim would have dropped service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Anybody have any joy getting through to the webchat today? I've had the window open for an hour and nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

jakdublin wrote: »
    Good to hear. No need to panic yet so. Are you happy with the service so far?

First few days were awful. 0.10 download speeds so couldn’t really use data. But after that sorted itself out it’s been fine. Comparable to VM speed wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    What happens if I don't get the sim in time for the porting date I chose. I can't see anywhere to change or see the date, it used to be there.

Will the old sim stop working?

Stops working and your screwed until you can setup the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

lighthouse wrote: »
    Go for it, mine just ported this morning after changing my port day yesterday.
    No idea why people are having problems. I was with Lycamobile, paying 15e a month in advance. I ported my number from Three a few years ago.
    I put "prepay registered" in the section where you picked 1 out of 4 options.
    I wonder are people putting wrong information there?
    Anyway all good with me especially as my old Lyca balance was up today ������

Going for it so, see ye the other side.

*Lunges into Stargate*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ive ordered two sims last monday and both have arrived now.

I ordered on Wednesday of last week (16/10) and still nothing. No sign of a €9.99 debit to my card either. :confused:

I'd chase it up, but any time I have ever tried to deal with Eir it has been an unmitigated disaster. The last I left them (I had their home broadband package for a year) I swore I'd never go back. I might just let this pass me by if the SIM cards don't arrive; in any case I find 48's 'Guido' perfectly fine for my needs (except that EU roaming is always a disaster - sh1tty data speeds/unreliable or nonexistent network connection...)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I also ordered 2 sims on Wednesday 16th and nothing has arrived.

€19.98 has been debited from the CC, my online account is up and running with 2 numbers assigned to my account but no sims have arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Switched over this morning had both sims old eir and gomo in identical coverage eir sim died 5 mins later all done eir sim off and away we go. Solid 4g in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

I'm worried now that my order is being delayed as I payed with revolut. My wife and I both ordered last Wednesday her sim arrived on Monday and she used her visa. I still haven't been assigned a number yet on the website she was given her one on the day after ordering.

Are they basically not dealing with revolut orders and just leaving us hanging?

Hi

Just wondering did you approve the GoMo payment on your Revolut App?

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Going for it so, see ye the other side.

*Lunges into Stargate*

And done!
    Too easy.

53.5Mbps↓ / 18.5Mbps↑

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5421699293

And done!
    Too easy.

53.5Mbps↓ / 18.5Mbps↑

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5421699293

Now aren't you glad you met me ha ha ha :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

lolie wrote: »
    Wonder have they gone over the 100,000 yet?

Id guess they'll be at the 20k-30k mark soon, 100k is prob a bit off yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Ported over this morning, took 10 minutes, solid speeds in Dublin 3, faster than Eir were.

https://www.speedcheck.org/result/307347104

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Got 30-40Mb on GoMo and 40-50Mb on Eir, I'm near a cell tower so good signal. In work it could be anywhere from an Edge signal to LTE depending on where I sit, but have WiFi so not an issue.

I'd mostly use data out and about for Google Maps and the like, never have any issues. Only places I've had ****e signal is Wicklow mountains and Kildare Village.

Couldn't port my number as it was after 6 so will try when I'm home today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sueryan2

Beware - I moved over today and the reception is really awful. My internet won't connect, my whatsapp messages won't send, I am sitting a meter away from a window and had absolutely none of this issues before porting over about an hour ago. The only contact you have with Gomo is to send an email and their response is that they will respond in 24 hours.

This is not a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ok, having tried to get in contact with somebody from webchat for two days now I'm resigning myself to the fact that this is not going to happen before my porting date tomorrow.

My question is will my porting to gomo still go ahead automatically tomorrow even though I can't log into my account? Even though I can't log in to gomo will everything still work? Thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

RunnerDub wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering did you approve the GoMo payment on your Revolut App?

Joe

Just a FYI, but my order failed to complete when I used my revolut card. Support team said they don't cater for revolut.

Reordered successfully with BoI debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

it's over 50K now

Source?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Just a FYI, but my order failed to complete when I used my revolut card. Support team said they don't cater for revolut.

Reordered successfully with BoI debit card.

Strange, I used my revolut card and it went through OK

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Strange, I used my revolut card and it went through OK?

Yeah, it's odd.
    Some people have been able to use revolut but not me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Source?

I wishI could remember where, but I'm sure I heard on the radio during the week that they had 40,000. Maybe it was on the podcast link that's posted somewhere in this thread. It was also suggesting it would struggle to reach 100,000 but it wasn't impossible. The likes of ID and 48 have tried to launch similar products but failed or are failing because they didn't reach their (undisclosed) targets. Whoever was talking about it argued that GoMo might be different as there's a huge marketing push behind it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement