Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Yeah, it's odd.
    Some people have been able to use revolut but not me.

Think it depends on whether the card is Visa or Mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Pighead wrote: »
    Ok, having tried to get in contact with somebody from webchat for two days now I'm resigning myself to the fact that this is not going to happen before my porting date tomorrow.

My question is will my porting to gomo still go ahead automatically tomorrow even though I can't log into my account? Even though I can't log in to gomo will everything still work? Thanks.

Yes to the first question.

Who knows, is the answer to question two.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

jakdublin wrote: »
    Think it depends on whether the card is Visa or Mastercard.

Mine is VISA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I wishI could remember where, but I'm sure I heard on the radio during the week that they had 40,000. Maybe it was on the podcast link that's posted somewhere in this thread. It was also suggesting it would struggle to reach 100,000 but it wasn't impossible. The likes of ID and 48 have tried to launch similar products but failed or are failing because they didn't reach their (undisclosed) targets. Whoever was talking about it argued that GoMo might be different as there's a huge marketing push behind it.

Plus there package is better value, everything your realistically need for a tenner a month

• Registered Users Posts: 40 df02169

AIB OTP not arriving when trying to load a Revolut card. Tried Amazon and OTP received. Is there any point contacting customer service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

RunnerDub wrote:
    Just wondering did you approve the GoMo payment on your Revolut App?

RunnerDub wrote:
    Hi

RunnerDub wrote:
    Joe

All sorted now just a delay in processing it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Heiser

Is this sent be registered post? Or just delivered by the postman?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I wishI could remember where, but I'm sure I heard on the radio during the week that they had 40,000. Maybe it was on the podcast link that's posted somewhere in this thread. It was also suggesting it would struggle to reach 100,000 but it wasn't impossible. The likes of ID and 48 have tried to launch similar products but failed or are failing because they didn't reach their (undisclosed) targets. Whoever was talking about it argued that GoMo might be different as there's a huge marketing push behind it.

Couldn't care less what anyone else says about GoMo. I'm getting 4G data at speeds between 30Mbps and 60Mbps (tested yesterday) for a tenner. I had been with Lycamobile 3G for 15e a month.
    If people want to look a gift horse in the mouth who am I to judge :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Heiser wrote: »

Normal post

lighthouse wrote: »
    Couldn't care less what anyone else says about GoMo. I'm getting 4G data at speeds between 30Mbps and 60Mbps (tested yesterday) for a tenner. I had been with Lycamobile 3G for 15e a month.
    If people want to look a gift horse in the mouth who am I to judge :):):)

Was hesitant about going anywhere near eir, given their reputation, but this was an unbeatable offer. I didn't even know my phone supported 4G until I stuck the GoMo sim in! Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

Hi my contract ran out with eir in August ( phone from Eir) I rang eir and told them I was switching to GoMo . I now have changed to the new sim . Ported my number but all I am getting is no service for the last 2 hours . Do I have to get my phone unlocked the agent in Eir does not seem to know . Eir are saying it takes 5 days to get an unlocking code.
    I can’t be without my phone for that long
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭done4now

done4now wrote: »
    Similar to me. Ordered for myself on Thursday morning and then on Saturday I ordered for my mother. She got the SIM Card today and had a number assigned to her account yesterday while I am still waiting for number to be assigned and the SIM card :(

Only difference is that my delivery address is in Dublin while hers is not.

Bit annoying as I've been out of contract with my current provider since Friday :(

I noticed late last night that I've finally been assigned a number so I'm guessing I'll have the SIM card on Tuesday :o

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Heiser wrote: »

Registered post and will require a signature, however many posties are just putting them in peoples letterbox

reddanmm wrote: »
    Hi my contract ran out with eir in August ( phone from Eir) I rang eir and told them I was switching to GoMo . I now have changed to the new sim . Ported my number but all I am getting is no service for the last 2 hours . Do I have to get my phone unlocked the agent in Eir does not seem to know . Eir are saying it takes 5 days to get an unlocking code.
    I can’t be without my phone for that long
    Thanks

GoMo sims work fine in Eir locked handsets

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

Took GoMo 27 hours to port my number and then they ported me to someone else's number !

I'm now getting calls and private texts for someone else !!!

I wrote to GoMo at 19:00 yesterday evening (Thurs 24.Oct) and its now 13:15 on Friday 25.Oct and still no response from GoMo.

Seems GoMo may be good if it works but if they make a complete mess of something then its a real struggle to even contact them to get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

degsie wrote: »
    Was hesitant about going anywhere near eir, given their reputation, but this was an unbeatable offer. I didn't even know my phone supported 4G until I stuck the GoMo sim in! Happy days.

#metoo
    I despise eir support but could not at least trial this - a tenner for everything, I mean a TENNER.

I learned my lesson with eir support though, now I keep a VF sim alive throwing a 5er in every 6 months in case eir start messing me about.
    But, ten quid...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 darrent065

Has there been any solution for the porting issue from eir to gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

darrent065 wrote: »

No joy for me yet, whereas my wife (on the same Eir plan as me) ported in five minutes this afternoon.

Have asked them to escalate and provide a case number via Twitter DM, but timeframe of replies is very sporadic...

EDIT: just got the following DM:
    "This is an issue we are aware of that is affecting a number of customers. We're working to get it resolved for everyone as soon as we possibly can."

• Registered Users Posts: 13 darrent065

nephster wrote: »
    No joy for me yet, whereas my wife (on the same Eir plan as me) ported in five minutes this afternoon.

Have asked them to escalate and provide a case number via Twitter DM, but timeframe of replies is very sporadic...

Mine is set to port at 2pm so see how it goes. My parents both have their sims and fathers ported at exact time took 5 mins and mothers was set for same time but getting the oh no error every time they escalated it too but they all saying nothing wrong and then no reply back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

How do you disable voicemail guys? Never used it in the past and don't want to start now!

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sueryan2

Managed to webchat with a service rep re the fact that I cannot get internet with Gomo and my reception is beyond cr*p. She posted instructions which are not for an iPhone and wouldn't give me any that were. When I told her that the settings she was telling me to come up with are not available to me she told me to contact the manufacturer or google it. When I asked her to email me the instructions so that I can try and figure it out without losing the setting details she has sent me, she told me to copy and paste it myself.

You cannot copy and paste (at least not on my iPhone5).

Gomo customer service representatives are incredibly unhelpful and switching should not be this difficult and isn't with any of the other Irish networks

I ported 2 accounts form eir sim only to GoMo without any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Mine is set to port at 2pm so see how it goes. My parents both have their sims and fathers ported at exact time took 5 mins and mothers was set for same time but getting the oh no error every time they escalated it too but they all saying nothing wrong and then no reply back.

It seems a little like going into battle. Some people like me get through unscathed, some people fall at the first hurdle while others battle for days but eventually prevail.
    Hopefully everyone survives eventually and remember even if you lose the first battle you will probably win the war.
    Good luck to all the movers and shakers :):):)

Due to being unable to access my account with a Hotmail email, I've gotten a response on Facebook, I was asked to submit ankther email address, I gave my Gmail.

Here's the response :

"Hey Mr. Having trouble with changing the email address too (as you've seen) I'm flagging this with the team now, I'll get back to you ASAP"

Absolute shambles so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Esse85 wrote: »
    Due to being unable to access my account with a Hotmail email, I've gotten a response on Facebook, I was asked to submit ankther email address, I gave my Gmail.

Here's the response :

"Hey Mr. Having trouble with changing the email address too (as you've seen) I'm flagging this with the team now, I'll get back to you ASAP"

Absolute shambles so far.
    I'm literally just after getting the hotmail issue resolved via webchat. The guy changed my registration email address and I'm up and running at last! Keep on trying the webchat would be my advice!

Pighead wrote: »
    I'm literally just after getting the hotmail issue resolved via webchat. The guy changed my registration email address and I'm up and running at last! Keep on trying the webchat would be my advice!

Same here.

I'd to give a Gmail address to reset everything, I've access to my account at least.

The real fun will come when I put the sim card in later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Im at a loss with them,got my sim on Tuesday and have tried to port on 3 separate occasions and each time i get a text saying "we tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number",i was onto customer care yesterday and they said there is no move in progress and they didnt know why i was getting that text,cant even get onto web chat today its just sitting there with nobody replying!

madmoe wrote: »
    How do you disable voicemail guys? Never used it in the past and don't want to start now!

Thanks,
    M

Don't use it! Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

degsie wrote: »
    Don't use it! Simples.

Got onto them on web chat and they said they would disable it on both SIM's for me. Could take 24 hours for it to take effect.

I still have credit on my Three PAYG account, what options do I have to get rid of it? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Came home to find it delivered and my dog was so good she opened the outer cardboard envelope and ate some of the bag with the SIM in.....

Great little friend and is getting quite fond of eating packages that fit into the letter box....

I'm going to leave porting I think till next week but I may see.

I ordered Wednesday week ago....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement