Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

Quote:
    Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
    How do you disable voicemail guys? Never used it in the past and don't want to start now!

Thanks,
    M

degsie wrote: »
    Don't use it! Simples.

But it's not 'Simples', is it.
    You may well have callers leaving messages which then go un-answered.

You need to cancel all 'diverts' on your phone, if this option is available to you, if not then I think the only way is to contact GoMo and ask them to disable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
    How do you disable voicemail guys? Never used it in the past and don't want to start now!

Thanks,
    M

But it's not 'Simples', is it.
    You may well have callers leaving messages which then go un-answered.

You need to cancel all 'diverts' on your phone, if this option is available to you, if not then I think the only way is to contact GoMo and ask them to disable it.

All disabled now in call forwarding section ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

The Stupid Question:

I ordered 2 sims on one account. Does this mean 2 X €9.99 per month? Thanks.

(didn't need 2, just figured one why not, one is going into a MIFI dongle... is that a DOH! :-)

i only ordered 1 sim I think

but theyve given me 2 sims

no point of contact bothers me to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

sueryan2 wrote: »
    Beware - I moved over today and the reception is really awful. My internet won't connect, my whatsapp messages won't send, I am sitting a meter away from a window and had absolutely none of this issues before porting over about an hour ago. The only contact you have with Gomo is to send an email and their response is that they will respond in 24 hours.

This is not a good service.

When you say 'you moved over today' I assume you mean you ported today. Why did you not try the coverage with the Gomo number prior to porting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ported earlier, no hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

After 2 and a half hours on "chat now" standby, I gave up. Supposed to have ported over last Monday, still showing in progress. That is simply disgraceful by any standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

After 2 and a half hours on "chat now" standby, I gave up. Supposed to have ported over last Monday, still showing in progress. That is simply disgraceful by any standard.

Who are you porting from?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Same issues as above, trying to port for over a week, no response from customer service. I rang my current provider and they see no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Is there anyone actually getting through to someone on chat? Nobody showing up when I wait after 30 minutes or more. When they do ever show up they give a ridiculous suggestion like ‘wait another 24 hours’ to delay the customer even more.

My advice again is to quote them their own code of practice from their site. Request the issue is escalated. They must provide a ticket reference num and resolve within 48 hrs. If not then email complaints@gomo.ie

This crowd seem to be either/or utterly incompetent or completely didn’t anticipate the demand. Both are inexcusable

Consumerline@comreg.ie if you’d like to make them aware of the issues you’re having

nephster wrote: »
    Who are you porting from?

Eir payg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Eir payg

Ah, so same as me then.

Is anyone who isn't with Eir having porting issues?
    Has anyone who got the "oh no" text then ported successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 darrent065

Port went ahead at 2pm no trouble.. still issues with my mothers one porting..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

Iv read over 100 pages of the thread sorry if this was asked all ready I ordered a sim on Tuesday but I don't recall it asking to port my number.

I have payed the 10 euro fee got a text and after a few trys got to login to my account. When the SIM comes can port over at a later date.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Both parents had ports set for 11am, still nothing happening at 3:45p
    . I’d really advise people to hold off porting until they sort out wtf they’re at because at the minute there’s a fairly large percentage of issues with ports from reading on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

nigwerwig wrote: »
    Iv read over 100 pages of the thread sorry if this was asked all ready I ordered a sim on Tuesday but I don't recall it asking to port my number.

I have payed the 10 euro fee got a text and after a few trys got to login to my account. When the SIM comes can port over at a later date.

Thanks
    Yes you can port at a latter date.

Ah, so same as me then.

OK, just got the dreaded "oh no" text, still no clearer so I cancelled the port and set it again for 4.30pm. I'll let you know in half an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Is there anyone actually getting through to someone on chat? Nobody showing up when I wait after 30 minutes or more. When they do ever show up they give a ridiculous suggestion like ‘wait another 24 hours’ to delay the customer even more.

My advice again is to quote them their own code of practice from their site. Request the issue is escalated. They must provide a ticket reference num and resolve within 48 hrs. If not then email complaints@gomo.ie

This crowd seem to be either/or utterly incompetent or completely didn’t anticipate the demand. Both are inexcusable

Consumerline@comreg.ie if you’d like to make them aware of the issues you’re having

Yeah, seems the way to go alright. My account was closed with GoMo without them giving any reason why and it happended at 8pm so couldn't get through to their customer service. I got in contact with ComReq who basically asked me to email complaints@gomo.ie and ask for a unique complaint number to pass on to ComReq- this seems to have moved things along as they reinstated my account and gave me some credit to spend.

From experience, their email service is abysmal. That said, if you want to get in contact with them their chat starts at 9am and can be reached under the Register an Account link. Worked for me every time. Email usually took longer than 24 hrs and the responses were useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

My brother had similar issue yesterday morning, attempted to contact them via all available channels but no reply.

Later in the day he decided to change his current mobile account type (eir 30 day rolling contract) from postpay to prepay in the move my number option, number ported within 15 mins. Data not initially available, switching off/on the phone sorted that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Etnies wrote: »
    How long has everyone been waiting for their sim? Ordered Sunday still not here today. Surely can't take that long to get a blank sim in an envelope

I ordered Sunday and no sign yet. I'm porting Wednesday so hopefully I get it before then. I'm unable to change the port date as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Waiting to port since 9am with no luck so far. Opened the webchat and after a couple of hours it just came up with a 'chat ended' message. Don't think I'll be moving until after the bank holiday weekend so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone know the GoMo Voicemail number by any chance?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Anyone having trouble once port has gone through, try turning on airplane mode then turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Anyone having trouble once port has gone through, try turning on airplane mode then turn it off.

Our no data problem was solved by switching data roaming on and off, then a restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Someone got back to me on twitter about the fact that I cannot schedule a port date or time to say that "we are having trouble with parts of our site, should be resolved shortly".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I have all of this except APN protocol is only IPv4. What difference does that make?

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Came home to find it delivered and my dog was so good she opened the outer cardboard envelope and ate some of the bag with the SIM in.....

Great little friend and is getting quite fond of eating packages that fit into the letter box....

I'm going to leave porting I think till next week but I may see.

I ordered Wednesday week ago....

I thought I read that you have to sign for the package when they deliver the sims?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

All up and running - sim came within 3 days after signing up on the 15th. Ported on 22nd iPhone Xs everything working ok except I seem to have to put into airplane mode and then turn off maybe once a day to get data back. Apart from that, happy camper...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I thought I read that you have to sign for the package when they deliver the sims?

It’s mentioned in the emails but you don’t have to sign for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

KOR101 wrote: »
    I have all of this except APN protocol is only IPv4. What difference does that make?

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

If you tap on the APN protocol in the settings it will let you choose IPv4 or IPv6 or both.

They are just the protocol type used to connect to the internet.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

reddanmm wrote: »
    Hi my contract ran out with eir in August ( phone from Eir) I rang eir and told them I was switching to GoMo . I now have changed to the new sim . Ported my number but all I am getting is no service for the last 2 hours . Do I have to get my phone unlocked the agent in Eir does not seem to know . Eir are saying it takes 5 days to get an unlocking code.
    I can’t be without my phone for that long
    Thanks

It’s working now . On to chat half the day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement