Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

VF giving unlimited calls, unlimited texts & 5GB to all PAYG customers for next 28 days. They must be feeling the pressure...
    Competition is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Dec4 wrote: »
    VF giving unlimited calls, unlimited texts & 5GB to all PAYG customers for next 28 days. They must be feeling the pressure...

5Gb? Ah christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Wife was set to port at 1700. Popped the new SIM in at around 1740 and all is working thankfully both incoming and outgoing. Thank fcuk for that as I couldn't be listening to her complaining after I encouraged her to move. Weekend saved! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RJellybean

Finally looks like I have been issued with a number on the website so expecting sim card on Tuesday

I'm still waiting :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

TheDriver wrote: »
    5Gb? Ah christ.

Free=Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

OK, just got the dreaded "oh no" text, still no clearer so I cancelled the port and set it again for 4.30pm. I'll let you know in half an hour!

Still not ported:(

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Wife was set to port at 1700. Popped the new SIM in at around 1740 and all is working thankfully both incoming and outgoing. Thank fcuk for that as I couldn't be listening to her complaining after I encouraged her to move. Weekend saved! :-)

And possibly marriage saved as well I postulate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BubbleBuddy

That will cover me until port date next week. Thanks VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RJellybean

KOR101 wrote: »
    I think Thursday orders are now being delivered.

I ordered on Wednesday 16th, still not received.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

If you tap on the APN protocol in the settings it will let you choose IPv4 or IPv6 or both.

They are just the protocol type used to connect to the internet.
    https://tamingthedroid.com/apn-protocol-apn-roaming-protocol

It is curious that they seem to have changed the default settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I thought I read that you have to sign for the package when they deliver the sims?

You technically do but I see no harm with it going in a safe letter box to be honest....

They just scribble an X and throw it in.

I'm happy out as I didn't have to go looking for it at the sort centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

You technically do but I see no harm with it going in a safe letter box to be honest....

They just scribble an X and throw it in.

I'm happy out as I didn't have to go looking for it at the sort centre.
    Received 2 packages today but had to go to the collections office and sign for them. I'm using my SIM for the data but plugged it in and out worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 alank90

Just put my sim card in..data works perfectly. i can make call but cant recieve them. happen to anyone else? any fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

My experience with Go Mo. Ordered sim Wednesday the 15th. Received it Friday the 18th. Attempted to port Friday the 18th at 5pm. My VM sim died briefly Saturday morning so put Go Mo sim in and made a few calls 085 number came up.

Got onto Web chat they said wait 24 hours I did and nothing happened. Told me to ring VM I did. They confirmed all details were correct account number type of account held etc. Tried to port second time. Nothing happened waited 24 hours again. Didn't go through. Go Mo said cancel port try again. I did waited another 24 hours nothing happened.

Got onto Go Mo on Wednesday to cancel account/sim. They told me it would take 3 hours and sim would stop working. Just tried it there (Friday) and it's still active so I will have to get onto Web chat tomorrow again to try and cancel before I am charged again for a service I won't be using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Really happy with the service so far internet is very fast

Glad I signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

RJellybean wrote:

Is it showing you have a allocated number on the website with pin and puk info?
    If so you should be getting the card on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Anyone get revolut work while paying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

They gave me 20GB and €10 credit. :)

paska wrote: »

I paid Revolut vertual card for first sim and worked but ordered a second and it was refused so I used my Curve card connected to Revolut vertual card and worked fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Jeff2 wrote: »
    They gave me 20GB and €10 credit. :)

How do you know this ?
    Did they send a text or something to let you know ?

• Advertisement

Lennyzip wrote: »
    How do you know this ?
    Did they send a text or something to let you know ?

Yes a text.

I'v two phones and one is still Vodafone.
    That's the one that I got it on.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Yes a text.

I'v two phones and one is still Vodafone.
    That's the one that I got it on.

Ah ok , didn't get that . On the top up every 28 days for €20 . They also didn't add on my remaining data for last month despite saying they did in the text I was sent when I topped up .

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Esse85 wrote: »
    Stops working and your screwed until you can setup the new one.

Re stupid reply above:

I ordered my sim last Tuesday week on the launch date and requested to port my number last Friday. Because if the influx of orders they sent me the attached message saying that my number would be ported once the sim was delivered not beforehand which is exactly what happened! So no - you’re not “screwed”!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

RJellybean wrote: »

Same here

Like everyone here , very tempted by this . But I simply don't have the patience to go through all the hassle of the porting issues . Looks like the demand has them all over the place which is not a good sign going forward. Happy for those though that it went through smoothly , the lucky ones . It definetly sounded too good to be true .
    The savings would pay for my iptv for the year too which would be handy . I wouldn't be as intensive on the data use as I say alot of people are here so I'll wait and see .

Will be very interested though to see what they announce once they hit the 100k subs . What's in store after that is anybody's guess .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is it showing you have a allocated number on the website with pin and puk info?
    If so you should be getting the card on Tuesday

Mine has been showing this info since Monday 21st. Still no sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

paska wrote: »

Revolut worked for me, no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

when you top up next?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Hi guys, wanted to share my experience to date and also see if anyone's in a similar position.

Ordered last Thursday 17th after lunch time and received the sim today, delivered by an post and I had to sign for it. I did not port my number as I wanted to see if the coverage and quality was up to scratch so I've put the sim into an old phone I had lying around and tried it out today.

Call quality appears to be ok, but I only tried a short twenty second call earlier in the day.

My main issue is the 3g/4g or lack thereof!!

I'm based in South Dublin and all evening I've had an E symbol for data (Samsung Note 4 phone). The speedtests I've ran throughout the day have either not worked at all - 7 times out of 10 or if they have I'm getting around 2.82 down and 0.8 up.

I don't care much for the numbers but I'm finding I can barely load a Google search or news site. Is there anything I could do with the settings to check the data? I've already tried several restarts, airplane mode on/off, mobile data on/off and nothing helps.

Anyone else experience this in Dublin? I'll keep an eye on it over the next while but I'm not sure if this is a teething issue with the network (wishful thinking as I know they're using meteors old infrastructure) or if this bargain was too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Like everyone here , very tempted by this . But I simply don't have the patience to go through all the hassle of the posting issues . Looks like the demand has them all over the place which is not a good sign going forward. Happy for those though that it went through smoothly , the lucky ones . It definetly sounded too good to be true .
    The savings would pay for my iptv for the year too which would be handy . I wouldn't be as intensive on the data use as I say alot of people are here so I'll wait and see .

Will be very interested though to see what they announce once they hit the 100k subs . What's in store after that is anybody's guess .

Same here but might calm down in a couple weeks when they get on top of things, i hope it works for most people even i don't join up just to give those other overpriced operators a kick up the arse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement