Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FLOOPER wrote: »
    What’s the advantage of getting ported later.

In my case I just switched to eir's SIM only plan 3 weeks ago so the first bill hasn't issued. Want that to process first and then I'll port cleanly rather than trusting them to manage it right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

irishchris wrote: »
    Anyone got dispatch notice yet for their sim? I have set mine up to switch networks on Friday so hoping to see dispatch by tomorrow

I'm porting Friday as well, no dispatch email yet.
    I just realised I have to be here to sign for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

It’s prob registered post. So in that case anyone can sign for it. Or get it delivered to your work place.

OK gonna bite.

Still nervous about 3 losing my number

Assume also 14 day cooling off period?

Been with 3 in all her guises for over 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Asked Virgin Media if they would match it - was told they aren't matching at the moment. Switching Friday, it's a done deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Signed up. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Have signed up for myself and wife.

She previously had PAYG with Three. Picked a Port date for 2 weeks to allow sim to be delivered, but it looks like I can change port date in account settings?

I'm currently with eir on a Sim only at €15 per month with 4 months of that to run. Picked a Port date of 14th. Nov. to allow for my 30 day notice. Then went on eirchat and gave the 30 days notice. Man there wanted me to phone in to their loyalty team to see if the could do anything to keep me :rolleyes:
    Printed off webchat so I have a record of the notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

This blows every other offer out of the water , see ya voda x

Thanks op , just ordered a sim.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I just realised I have to be here to sign for it.
    FLOOPER wrote: »
    It’s prob registered post. So in that case anyone can sign for it. Or get it delivered to your work place.

Probably a courier as they say they will leave a card with instructions on how to re-arrange delivery if you are not there.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Has anyone clarified if you chosen to port on say 10th Nov? When do u pay from?

I read it as €9.99 activation fee payable on signing, with €9.99 payable monthly in advance from "Port Date".

• Advertisement

OK gonna bite.

Still nervous about 3 losing my number

Assume also 14 day cooling off period?

Been with 3 in all her guises for over 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Signed up for this for the kid.
    Switching from the Lycamobile €15 plan. Very straightforward setup, set the port date for the 25/10 and that appears to be the date the billing cycle will start too.

BowWow wrote: »
    Probably a courier as they say they will leave a card with instructions on how to re-arrange delivery if you are not there.

I know a girl who got an eir sim recently , they said it would have to be signed for but it was just fired through the letter box. I'm sure same will happen with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

BowWow wrote: »
    I read it as €9.99 activation fee payable on signing, with €9.99 payable monthly in advance from "Port Date".
    That's what I'm thinking should happen but some posters seem to have info that the month akways starts on 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Coz

Having eir as my landline and broadband provider you can be sure customer service will be utterly horrendous but seems like a great deal.

There is talks of cheap broadband on the way as well - hope its as good as this offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

This is a really great offer! Signed us both up there. I'm still in contract with VF for a another few months, but it's well worth it.

How will that work if you are in contract with VF for another few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Thanks OP signed up. From €30 a month simo on Eir. But wondering is there a limit on how many numbers. As I pay for 3 other family numbers. 2 on an Eir bill and one payg so would have 4 altogether. Seems like such a good deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Can someone explain what Porting means please?

Can someone explain what Porting means please?

Keeping your existing mobile number. You port it from the mobile provider you are with now to whatever mobile provider you want to change to.

Porting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

damien wrote:
    Eir are bringing out a new offering called GoMo at 1130am today. It's a new mobile virtual network. All you can eat data (really 80GB) for €9.99 a month for the first 100k customers. Calls, texts and all that jazz. 10GB EU roaming data too. You can use it as a hot spot. 30 day rolling contract too. Still waiting to check the very fine print.

Anything to do wit Eir ,,,, AVOID

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Great deal. Signed 2 teenage family members up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Barr wrote: »
    There is talks of cheap broadband on the way as well - hope its as good as this offer :D
    Also, cheap TV soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Barr wrote: »
    How cheap, tell me more?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Eoin3

After ordering, do you have to register on the MyGoMo portal/login or do they send you a mail about registering?

zeebre12 wrote: »
    How will that work if you are in contract with VF for another few months?

VF will charge him the remaining "per month" amount due until the contract ends as a final bill.

Eoin3 wrote: »
    After ordering, do you have to register on the MyGoMo portal/login or do they send you a mail about registering?

Haven't gotten any emails yet from them though did get a confirmation text earlier.

Pain as I want to order another sim :) but I assume the email server is overloaded at the moment.

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Also, cheap TV soon.

Happy days .... will be interesting times ahead . Good to see sky given a run for their money .

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Haven't gotten any emails yet from them though did get a confirmation text earlier.

Pain as I want to order another sim :) but I assume the email server is overloaded at the moment.

same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Eoin3

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Ya, think they might be having issues on the email front. Clicked register on the login page and gave my email but nothing from them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement