Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

lighthouse wrote: »
    "Prepay registered" is what I used. They did a check and were able to tell me I was with Lycamobile.
    Just did a check on my online credit card statement and see I have only been charged €9.99 so far. Ordered on Thursday night of last week, got SIM Thursday, ported yesterday (Friday)

I just checked the website for the craic . I could be mistaken but the layout has changed . I remember a couple of days ago I could select a day to be ported . That option is not there now . Hmmmm , I wonder why . I presume you can only do it now once you order & your SIM actually arrives . They wouldn't be moving the goalposts now would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

SIM received and ported after a day. Ran speedtests. Surprisingly good - 130 down on first test, around 30/40 down with subsequent tests. Cork location.

Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the network to get rammed and enjoy Edge all day :). Great offer, but something has to go wrong. It is Eir afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Lennyzip wrote: »
    I just checked the website for the craic . I could be mistaken but the layout has changed . I remember a couple of days ago I could select a day to be ported . That option is not there now . Hmmmm , I wonder why . I presume you can only do it now once you order & your SIM actually arrives . They wouldn't be moving the goalposts now would they?

Not sure. I presume it's when you are putting your order through that you select when you want to port it. I had mine originally set for the middle of next month thinking I would try it out for a few weeks before I committed but after getting my SIM I changed the port day until the following day (yesterday) which was perfect as my Lycamobile plan expired yesterday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

493755.png

Virgin Media v Gomo from my sofa. Some difference.

493756.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭Doge

Got it sorted!

Lads I can't verify my email, first the link in the email took me to the exact same page that says an email has been sent.

Today it won't even send the verification email.

I have checked spam and everything.

Thus I cannot contact Gomo support.

Is there any number I can ring or a brick and mortar store I can get help in?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ruginator

How can you set up voicemail on gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ruginator wrote: »
    How can you set up voicemail on gomo?

Call 171, it's fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭larchielads

I've noticed that when I'm indoors , larchville, John's park, dunmore road in Waterford speeds are only 5 mbs at best but around town ie city centre it's up around 20mbs. No dropped calls or anything like that, text messages workin fine. I'm on the network since Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

Lennyzip wrote: »

They changed it last week to try cope with the demand, they had so many orders with port dates but people didn't have their Sims yet. Also changed delivery from 2 to 10 days. I think its Good to see a reaction to issues and quick update of website. Many wouldn't bother messing with website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,856 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Signed up on Monday. Got my email Friday with my account number. Expecting the sims next week. They certainly arent fast. :)

I don't mind I've paid vodafone up to the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

fritzelly wrote: »
    Instead of posting a twitter link to the bastion of no idea about BB or mobile networks can you give a tldr description
    Only hard fact is that 171 problem seems to being caused by their interaction with one particular operator (refuses to name) rather than Gomo itself.

Otherwise, speculation aplenty.......and Adrian is good company as ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

My number was allegedly ported over yesterday evening but unable to receive calls. Tried logging in online but it keeps getting me to verify email and then try to log back in but going around in circles. Sent them an email. Is there any way I can speed up or chase this process? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

whodafunk wrote: »
    My number was allegedly ported over yesterday evening but unable to receive calls. Tried logging in online but it keeps getting me to verify email and then try to log back in but going around in circles. Sent them an email. Is there any way I can speed up or chase this process? Thank you

My mate had issues porting from Virgin and she logged into webchat and they had it sorted out in a few minutes after she waited in the queue, took about a half hour all in apparently...

Fieldog wrote: »
    My mate had issues porting from Virgin and she logged into webchat and they had it sorted out in a few minutes after she waited in the queue, took about a half hour all in apparently...

Perfect - thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

whodafunk wrote: »

I found the link for chat on the website (the one that says chat here) not the tab at the side of the screen, gets you into a chat almost straight away. Not that they were much help to me, but its a different issue to yours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Set the port time for 10am all up and running straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭mossie

I'm looking to port my number from postmobile to gomo. When I put in my number on gomo site it says I'm with Vodafone. I know postmobile uses the Vodafone network. Is it normal for postmobile to show as vodafone in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paulaosas

How long does it take for the sim to be delivered? As I want to order today not sure when it will arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Amazing the amount of people in this thread that have no patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Useless speeds. Set up went well at least

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mossie wrote: »
    I'm looking to port my number from postmobile to gomo. When I put in my number on gomo site it says I'm with Vodafone. I know postmobile uses the Vodafone network. Is it normal for postmobile to show as vodafone in this case?

Yeah, that’s normal, as far as I know those on 48 see they are with Tesco network.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RJellybean

paulaosas wrote: »
    How long does it take for the sim to be delivered? As I want to order today not sure when it will arrive.

The website says up to 10 working days but it seems to be hit and miss. Some people who ordered early this week have received their sims but others including me who ordered on the second day are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

goob20s wrote: »

But is eir any better in your area? I'd doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

This is going to absolutely destroy the Eir network, like Three. Getting 0.5 Mbit on Eir, 120 Mbit on Vodafone, both 4 bars on the same phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

goob20s wrote: »

That's fairly shoddy, where are you based, are you using the correct APN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

mymo wrote:
    I found the link for chat on the website (the one that says chat here) not the tab at the side of the screen, gets you into a chat almost straight away. Not that they were much help to me, but its a different issue to yours

Where is that link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

paulaosas wrote: »
    About 7 to 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Anyone able to get into the online chat? I can get to type my name in but no one ever comes online. Have tried several times since yesterday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Anyone still without a SIM and number on profile from ordering on the 15th/16th?

• Advertisement

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Anyone able to get into the online chat? I can get to type my name in but no one ever comes online. Have tried several times since yesterday morning

Nope had chat on for over an hour and nothing. Very annoying.can somebody post the working chat link please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement