Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Im at a loss with them,got my sim on Tuesday and have tried to port on 3 separate occasions and each time i get a text saying "we tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number",i was onto customer care yesterday and they said there is no move in progress and they didnt know why i was getting that text,cant even get onto web chat today its just sitting there with nobody replying!

I tried to port again this morning and same thing i keep getting a text to say a move is already in progress,tried to contact them on twitter and web chat but no reply..all this is just too much hassle for such a little reward and not worth the bother for me so sent them a mail to cancel...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

Fieldog wrote: »
    That's fairly shoddy, where are you based, are you using the correct APN?
    What's the correct APN?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This is going to absolutely destroy the Eir network, like Three. Getting 0.5 Mbit on Eir, 120 Mbit on Vodafone, both 4 bars on the same phone.

... and I suppose they have no min/max speeds advertised, so you can't complain when you get slow internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

I tried to port again this morning and same thing i keep getting a text to say a move is already in progress,tried to contact them on twitter and web chat but no reply..all this is just too much hassle for such a little reward and not worth the bother for me so sent them a mail to cancel...

Im having the same issue - can you tell me, when you go into your online account does it show "My current orders" and your order is showing as "In Progress"? The missus ported over this morning no issues, i have been trying a week now and account is still showing in progress so i think this is why..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

goob20s wrote: »
    Useless speeds. Set up went well at least

Thats edge.

Toggle airplane mode. The eNB didnt register me for 4G until the first cycle off/on.

• Advertisement

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Im having the same issue - can you tell me, when you go into your online account does it show "My current orders" and your order is showing as "In Progress"? The missus ported over this morning no issues, i have been trying a week now and account is still showing in progress so i think this is why..

Yep still says in progress

Yep still says in progress

ok, thanks! I'm 99% sure this is the issue. Just after getting on to chat so will give them one more chance to try fix it and will cancel if they cant

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

What happens if you go over the 80GB FUP?

Do they just throttle your speeds, or do they start charging you per MB used or part thereof when you go over the 80GB limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Moyglish wrote: »
    What happens if you go over the 80GB FUP?

Do they just throttle your speeds, or do they start charging you per MB used or part thereof when you go over the 80GB limit?

They throttle until the start of your next billing period which is the 1st of each month.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Registered Tue Oct 22nd

Phone number. PIN & PUK assigned to my account yesterday Fri Oct 25th

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

When porting to GoMo form a prepaid eir sim, which account type do you choose when setting up the port process?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

ED E wrote: »
    Thats edge.

Toggle airplane mode. The eNB didnt register me for 4G until the first cycle off/on.
    Tried that. Didn't help. What's your apn? I tried the hicard settings and it wouldn't work at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Currently with Eir, I'll be switching away soon, the networ for me has gone awful, thought it was my phone not loading or slowing down but switched to Wi-Fi yesterday evening and been grand since. Tried data this morning, taking an age to load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

ok, thanks! I'm 99% sure this is the issue. Just after getting on to chat so will give them one more chance to try fix it and will cancel if they cant

I'd say you could be onto something there, I havent got sim yet but my account has been assigned the number so no longer says in progress

wolf9 wrote: »
    I'd say you could be onto something there, I havent got sim yet but my account has been assigned the number so no longer says in progress

Its definitely the source of the problem but my god talking to this support chat is like talking to the bloody wall.... they just repeat the same questions over and over again and do not listen to what youre saying. Getting very frustrated here at the moment. This is going on a over week now

Its definitely the source of the problem but my god talking to this support chat is like talking to the bloody wall.... they just repeat the same questions over and over again and do not listen to what youre saying. Getting very frustrated here at the moment. This is going on a over week now

Finally got through to someone and he said there was no move in progress and i needed to contact Eir,not much help..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Both parents attempted to port yesterday morning and it’s still saying in progress. Chat are useless , and give different stories depending on who you talk to.
    One says you have to wait for an sms before before porting and if you don’t it won’t work. Another looked into it and said it’s ‘very strange’ it’s still in progress after 24 hrs.
    They don’t seem to have any technical knowledge whatsoever. They don’t appear to even have the most basic of tools at their disposal to look into the issue or force the port through or reschedule it on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sean29

Ordered 2 sims on 22nd, arrived 25th, I updated port date to 10:00 today. At 10:07 both phones got messages from Three that numbers were cleared to port, inserted new sims, data is working but both numbers can't make/receive calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

goob20s wrote: »
    What's the correct APN?

You can use the eir or meteor one.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

When porting to GoMo form a prepaid eir sim, which account type do you choose when setting up the port process?

Pre pay registered is what I used because my old provider had my name etc

• Advertisement

lighthouse wrote: »
    Pre pay registered is what I used because my old provider had my name etc

And was old provider eir?

Number ported fine for you?

Finally got through to someone and he said there was no move in progress and i needed to contact Eir,not much help..

I have requested a manager to call me and got the reply " we do not do outgoing communications" some joke. They can cancel the account but will not refund the 9.99 "activation fee" and they cant fix my account.. so now im stuck about to pay another 30 on my current bill and am down the 9.99 even though they cannot fix it.. to top it all off, the chat just got disconnected and i cant get through again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Ordered Friday week, received SIM Thursday, scheduled number port for yesterday evening. Didn't happen on the hour but woke up to No Service. Popped new SIM in and its like nothing ever changed. Good speeds too, 3 bars as before and about 30/12 mbits. Perfect. Tenner. :)

My understanding is that you can't successfully port while your account order is still showing "in progress"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

My order shows as in progress and I'm fully switched as per this morning.

I have requested a manager to call me and got the reply " we do not do outgoing communications" some joke. They can cancel the account but will not refund the 9.99 "activation fee" and they cant fix my account.. so now im stuck about to pay another 30 on my current bill and am down the 9.99 even though they cannot fix it.. to top it all off, the chat just got disconnected and i cant get through again

Would contacting your current provider & asking them to check if they can cancel the port request help?

My understanding is that you can't successfully port while your account order is still showing "in progress"

This is my understanding too - but support cannot tell me why its still in progress a week later or how to fix it..

My order shows as in progress and I'm fully switched as per this morning.

Obviously hit and miss so.

I was onto to Eir and they said nothing stopping the port on their end,then got through to someone again he said again that they is no move in progress,i mentioned that in my orders it says in progress and would that have anything to do with it,he said no it shouldn't and has escalated it to someone else and i should hear back by Tuesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Ruginator wrote: »
    How can you set up voicemail on gomo?

Dial 171. Record your greeting and its created

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement