Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I switched myself and herself from Eir last Friday. No issues all went well. Just set up voicemail. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

And was old provider eir?

Number ported fine for you?

Old provider was Lycamobile. Ported in a few minutes.

My understanding is that you can't successfully port while your account order is still showing "in progress"

My account still showing "in progress" eventhough I ported yesterday in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

lighthouse wrote: »
    My account still showing "in progress" eventhough I ported yesterday in a few minutes

Maybe another issue so.. either way they are unable to help me so I'm not sure what to do with this

Dial 171. Record your greeting and its created

I just set up a greeting. There are a lot of menus in it.
    Do you choose between having a default message with your recorded name in this message or having your own bespoke greeting?
    Also what is call catcher? I didn't set that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I ordered my sim on 15th, it arrived 2 days later.

Was scheduled to switch this morning and did no problem at all. Kept old number working grand, literally just put new sim in and tat was it.

Although it still says 'in progress' online even though I've received text to say everything has changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

sean29 wrote: »
    Ordered 2 sims on 22nd, arrived 25th, I updated port date to 10:00 today. At 10:07 both phones got messages from Three that numbers were cleared to port, inserted new sims, data is working but both numbers can't make/receive calls!

That's some quick delivery you got, are they picking them at random or what

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My order shows as in progress and I'm fully switched as per this morning.

I ported last Monday and mine still says in progress, I wouldn’t worry to much about it, if everything is working as it should I’d say just forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Quick question - do i leave the old sim in until it goes dead or change to the gomo and wait for porting?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Moreilly wrote: »
    Quick question - do i leave the old sim in until it goes dead or change to the gomo and wait for porting?

You leave the old sim in and wait till it shows Emergency Calls only then switch to the new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Ported 3 numbers from VM since Thursday, no issues to note.
    Internet seems to be better at my home location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Moreilly wrote: »

No need to put the GoMo SIM in until the port is complete but you can if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They throttle until the start of your next billing period which is the 1st of each month.

And definitely no out of bundle data charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    And definitely no out of bundle data charges?

No, but I'd imagine if you were to totally tear the ass out of it they could/would apply the fair usage rule.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

NIMAN wrote: »
    ... and I suppose they have no min/max speeds advertised, so you can't complain when you get slow internet?

For the price I got one to see. It's a useful backup and it is incredibly cheap. But I am getting consistently less than 1Mbit in basically Dublin city centre.

I hope for their sake they protected the Eir proper network and just allow the GoMo APN a certain percent.

I'm paying Vodafone €45 for 50Gb so it is many times the cost, but the difference is stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

Anybody know how to check your Data, Call & Text usage so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

RunnerDub wrote: »
    Anybody know how to check your Data, Call & Text usage so far?

I'd say log into your account online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

Lennyzip wrote: »
    I'd say log into your account online ?

I cannot seem to find it when I log into My GoMo??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ordered 19th and got welcome email last night.

Sim card numbers have appeared on the website but they're not my numbers so I'm assuming that they'll port over.

How long have people waited for their sims once the above has happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

RunnerDub wrote: »
    I cannot seem to find it when I log into My GoMo??

Ok , may be someone who has an account can help you out . Pity there's no app at the moment .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Is there a particular APN to use?

Whenever I lose connection the only way to get it back is to restart my phone. Even disabling and reenabling mobile data won't sort it.

No idea why this is happening. So far the internet is spotty and cannot be compared to the Eir network. I'll probably cancel soon and stick with eir

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

https://www.speedtest.net/result/a/5424706473

Nothing to complain about here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Lads could someone who understands this stuff tell me if porting is automated or must a person physically do something to initiate it. Sorry if it's a stupid question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Internet is actually faster than Eir getting 101mb download in Cabra can't complain about that.

Definitely recommend GoMo, the marketing might be cringeworthy with teenagers with garish clothes and ridiculous music but the actual service so far is grand, and other networks will undoubtedly suffer because of this great offer.

Lads could someone who understands this stuff tell me if porting is automated or must a person physically do something to initiate it. Sorry if it's a stupid question

You must physically do something to initiate it.

Go to your GoMo on-line account and choose the option to "Move my number"

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Go to your GoMo on-line account and choose the option to "Move my number"

Oh yeah I understand that much but must someone at gomo or 3 physically do something

Oh yeah I understand that much but must someone at gomo or 3 physically do something

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine it's automated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Gomo will initiate it (eventually:rolleyes:). Keep using your current sim, and when you lose service just replace it with the new sim.

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine it's automated.

Thanks. If I was to contact 3 (my current provider) would they know if a port is in progress on my number. All gomo can say is more than likely it is and should go through eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Bear in mind that their customer service agents have reduced themselves to shrugging and saying "computer sez dunno" in reply to any query.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement