Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

i had advised them moving number, they gave me port date put in sim and voila put in pin number and away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sean29

Getting terrible speeds with gomo at home (Clondalkin)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Got text that by sim was dispatched this morning. Typical bank holiday ha but at least I know I'll have it Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Could I suggest that anyone posting data speeds could include who they were previously with and the before speeds. Has anyone noticed a difference of gomo vs eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭This is it

TheDriver wrote: »
    Could I suggest that anyone posting data speeds could include who they were previously with and the before speeds. Has anyone noticed a difference of gomo vs eir?

If the same APN is being used I don't think there'll be any difference. I went from EIR to GoMo and it's the exact same as far as I can tell, which is awful unfortunately. About 1Mb down but I've dual SIM and use the second for data which is with Three and it's a little better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Wife’s porting went over fine thankfully this afternoon, all working.. I’m in the clear :P

Only thing is I can’t log onto her account on the GoMo website, their email system won’t email us any registration details no matter how much I try to register. Anyway, I’m not worrying about this until things settle down with their support, main thing was the porting

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Do you get a text or email when sim is on the way?

Ordered on 15th and still no sign

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

ando wrote: »
    Wife’s porting went over fine thankfully this afternoon, all working.. I’m in the clear :P

Only thing is I can’t log onto her account on the GoMo website, their email system won’t email us any registration details no matter how much I try to register. Anyway, I’m not worrying about this until things settle down with their support, main thing was the porting

Are you using a Hotmail/MS address? These addresses seem to be unable to receive GoMo emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Gonad wrote:
    Do you get a text or email when sim is on the way?

Ye got text this morning that sim was dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Still getting ridiculous slow speeds after 1 week. Dizzy height of 1/2mb download during the day but shoots up to 40mb around midnight! Very strange. Would not be surprised if speeds throttled at peak daytime. No surprise they can give 80gb data. Can't use it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Still getting ridiculous slow speeds after 1 week. Dizzy height of 1/2mb download during the day but shoots up to 40mb around midnight! Very strange. Would not be surprised if speeds throttled at peak daytime. No surprise they can give 80gb data. Can't use it !

That sounds like you are in a very busy area?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    That sounds like you are in a very busy area?

It seems all over drogheda area . Even out and about the town , including west st, which is the main thoroughfare was only getting max 2/3 mb download.

On Eir, i get 6-8Mb at home and literally 3 streets away it jumps to 40Mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Did a speed test when I was in north inner Dublin today... fast.

5424420765.png

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Dizzy height of 1/2mb download during the day but shoots up to 40mb around midnight!

This sounds very much like the Three network from when I was on that.

HighLine wrote: »

5424420765.png

Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Got an email this morning which contained nothing whatsoever....

Just GoMo heading that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Random question but for the network does it display gomo, eir or I've heard some say meteor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Random question but for the network does it display gomo, eir or I've heard some say meteor?

gomo on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Perhaps silly question,
    So got my gomo sim and checked my gomo online account saying my port date is 26/10 at 17:30 ( so today an hour or so ago ) my phone still locks onto eir .

Should I just go ahead and pop in the gomo sim? Or do I wait for it to lose Eir, or has something gone wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

jogdish wrote: »
    Perhaps silly question,
    So got my gomo sim and checked my gomo online account saying my port date is 26/10 at 17:30 ( so today an hour or so ago ) my phone still locks onto eir .

Should I just go ahead and pop in the gomo sim? Or do I wait for it to lose Eir, or has something gone wrong?

When you number is ported, you won't get any reception or be able to make a call on Eir so wait until that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

jogdish wrote: »
    Perhaps silly question,

Honestly , the way things have gone with them this weekend I’d say something’s gone wrong. Out of 3 sims in my household , all 3 have had serious issues- none of which have yet been sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

My phone using somebody else's number for more than FOUR days now !

GoMo wont respond to mails - sent three - or tweets. GoMo is a disaster of a company - should be illegal to be able to sell a shoddy product without any support.

Eir support was bad - GoMo is WORSE !!!

I'm going to Comreg on Monday.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

GoMo is excellent down here in Waterford anyway, I personally know atleast 10 people who have all had a flawless experience porting to them in the last week or so. €9.99 where would you get it :)

Oh and I was an Eir customer and the rare occasion I did have to use customer care, they were indeed shocking, so I’ll agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

My porting done yesterday and my phone unlocked from Three today, ran a speed test and happy enough with speed for where I am , at least as good as I had with Three and possibly better for 20 quid less a month.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I posted yesterday to report abissmal speeds in South Dublin. I see someone from clondalkin was seeing the same. Anyone else?

I've had edge pretty much all day and the speed test doesn't work 8 times out of 10. Web pages fail to load constantly, it's unusable.

Last working speed test I got:

48ms ping
    .13 down
    Upload failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Using GoMo for a week now. Working great. Fantastic value for money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

HighLine wrote: »

5424420765.png

Uh... is that mb (bits) or MB (bytes)?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

PostWoke wrote: »
    Uh... is that mb (bits) or MB (bytes)?

Well, to me it's clearly showing 'bits' as in Mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

OREGATO wrote: »
    I posted yesterday to report abissmal speeds in South Dublin. I see someone from clondalkin was seeing the same. Anyone else?

I've had edge pretty much all day and the speed test doesn't work 8 times out of 10. Web pages fail to load constantly, it's unusable.

Last working speed test I got:

48ms ping
    .13 down
    Upload failed.

Absolutely diabolical speed here in Knocklyon over the last few days.
    Fluctuating between Edge and 3G. I've seen 4G once, think it lasted about 3 seconds or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement