Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭This is it

PostWoke wrote: »
    Uh... is that mb (bits) or MB (bytes)?

Bits, generally how bandwidth is measured.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

SIM arrived yesterday. Took 5 working days to arrive. Logged on to the website and changed port time to yesterday at 17:15. It went through today at around 13:30. Ported from Vodafone.

Living in Dublin 12 and speed is disappointing in my house. 3g/H+ most of the time. Around 5mps down. Have good wifi so not a deal breaker. Hopefully it is better in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

redt0m wrote: »
    This sounds very much like the Three network from when I was on that.

Similar scenario leading to that result as well: agressive pricing and generous data allowance without the required capital investment in the network for it to be able to fully hold the load. It will be a great deal for people who mostly use the internet in low traffic areas or with application which aren’t too bandwidth hungry. For others it will still be a decent deal but the price to pay for the cheap price and generous allowance will be poor network performance at peak times/locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

HighLine wrote: »
    Did a speed test when I was in north inner Dublin today... fast.

5424420765.png

Do you know any houses to rent in North Inner Dublin? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

lighthouse wrote: »
    Do you know any houses to rent in North Inner Dublin? :D:D:D

Use your car....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Speeds are being throttled, had much better speeds over 3yrd ago with Meteor and in the same locations!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Use your car....

True. It beats parking outside people's houses who have no security on their WiFi :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

paul-2008 wrote: »
    I have requested a manager to call me and got the reply " we do not do outgoing communications" some joke. They can cancel the account but will not refund the 9.99 "activation fee" and they cant fix my account.. so now im stuck about to pay another 30 on my current bill and am down the 9.99 even though they cannot fix it.. to top it all off, the chat just got disconnected and i cant get through again

Tell them if you don't get a refund for something which hasn't happened,
    you will be going to Comreg and then the papers.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Speeds are being throttled, had much better speeds over 3yrd ago with Meteor and in the same locations!

A lot could have happened in three years, there are tons of users on here who have switched over from Eir and most are reporting the exact same service now with GoMo, me included btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Aquos76 wrote: »
    A lot could have happened in three years, there are tons of users on here who have switched over from Eir and most are reporting the exact same service now with GoMo, me included btw.

A lot has happened in 3yrs, eir /meteor gone as bad as three. And they have launched 5g here on Thursday 🀣🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Got an email this morning which contained nothing whatsoever....

Just GoMo heading that's it.

I got similar e-mails in Outlook. The text was white on white background - I was able to see the text in Android mail systems and able to change the colour in Outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Ordered last Monday. Just now I got an email saying welcome. Logged in and I now have a mobile number, pin and puk. Should I assume I’ll get the sim Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

Anyone any idea how long it takes for SIM to port?
    Have a 3 SIM that was meant to change to gomo at 5 o clock this evening, but hasn't changed yet. Wanted to ask here before I fire off an email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

wilser wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how long it takes for SIM to port?
    Have a 3 SIM that was meant to change to gomo at 5 o clock this evening, but hasn't changed yet. Wanted to ask here before I fire off an email

Up to 24 hours. Some users reported a few minutes. Other reported anything up to the actual 24hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

jarvis wrote: »
    Ordered last Monday. Just now I got an email saying welcome. Logged in and I now have a mobile number, pin and puk. Should I assume I’ll get the sim Tuesday?

Same as that, ordered Monday aswell and got email tonight, i presume we will receive soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

wilser wrote:
    Anyone any idea how long it takes for SIM to port? Have a 3 SIM that was meant to change to gomo at 5 o clock this evening, but hasn't changed yet. Wanted to ask here before I fire off an email

Mine hasn't ported since 3.45 yesterday over 29 hours and counting :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Gonad wrote: »
    Do you get a text or email when sim is on the way?

Ordered on 15th and still no sign

Ordered on the 17th, delivered 24th. Got texts yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

2 sims here not ported since 11am yesterday. Chat support haven’t a breeze what they’re talking about and are downright rude.
    This is turning into a bit of a disaster of a launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

2 sims here not ported since 11am yesterday. Chat support haven’t a breeze what they’re talking about and are downright rude.
    This is turning into a bit of a disaster of a launch.

Mine hasn't ported since last Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

When you signed up, what type of service were you coming from and which option did you pick of the four (i.e contract, ...etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Jaysus I thought I was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Just noticed I cant seem to send plain old text messages - sms. Anyone come across this? Thought that would come with carrier settings or something. iPhone here.

Edit: scrap that working now

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Bought a sim. Ported on time. Seamless. from 25 to 10 euro
    per month with tethering.Great deal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Well, to me it's clearly showing 'bits' as in Mb.

But that would... not be good... at all.
    This is it wrote: »
    Bits, generally how bandwidth is measured.

LMAO no.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ruginator

I was due to port at 6pm on Friday. On Thursday I recieved a text about the scheduled port. At 1.14 am on Satuday morning I got a text confirming the port had happened. 7 hours late. But all working perfect now

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

LMAO no.

RLMAO, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi,
    When I signed up I was was given a choice of 4 options for my current phone provider - I am with Eir on their 9.99 rolling 'contract' - after asking here I clicked the 'prepay' option - kinda worried I may have made a mistake?

No sign of my number being ported yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    When I signed up I was was given a choice of 4 options for my current phone provider - I am with Eir on their 9.99 rolling 'contract' - after asking here I clicked the 'prepay' option - kinda worried I may have made a mistake?

No sign of my number being ported yet.
    Rolling contract would be postpay I'd assume? Prepay is top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭This is it

But that would... not be good... at all.

LMAO no.

You can't tell the difference between bits and bytes, I don't think you can afford to laugh your ass off at anyone :)

And 125Mbps would be exceptional ona phone. Better than most Irish broadband users attainable bandwidth on xDSL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Pretty much the same for me. Was due to port at 9am yesterday (Friday). Assume we won't be ported over the bank holiday. Very annoying. Banged off an email today but don't expect I'll hear anything back before Tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement