Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

I have a year left on my Vodafone contract. The price is killing me per month. If I port to GoMo for this will Vodafone release my number and then send me a final bill? Or will I have to pay everything left first?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I have a year left on my Vodafone contract. The price is killing me per month. If I port to GoMo for this will Vodafone release my number and then send me a final bill? Or will I have to pay everything left first?

You'll need to pay off the contract first. How much do you pay monthly?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe ask Vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    You'll need to pay off the contract first. How much do you pay monthly?

€60 a month. But isn't there some info that if you cancel a contract you don't pay vat on the remaining months since a service wasn't provided?

https://irishtechnews.ie/cancelling-your-mobile-contract-early

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

For those porting from VM make sure you give them your mobile account number and not your broadband one like I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im currently out of contract with 3 playing €23 a month. Makes sence to switch. Is it just a matter of signing up ?? no need to contact 3??

Glebee wrote: »
    Im currently out of contract with 3 playing €23 a month. Makes sence to switch. Is it just a matter of signing up ?? no need to contact 3??

If you're out of contract then you can just move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Glebee wrote: »

Correct. Just move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Did speed tests today and got 60Mb down but moved one street away and it's 30Mb. Still, great speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can anyone who's up and running confirm if or not there is anywhere on the site that allows you to check your usage?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Can anyone who's up and running confirm if or not there is anywhere on the site that allows you to check your usage?

There isn't. You"ll only be able to keep track by your phone itself or by the bill when it's issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

And pause for a rest...................

12 days of hectic posting, at last I get a chance to put my feet up for a bit.

2 Hours without a post..................zzzzzzzzzz

Bliss !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jeffrey

Moved to GOMO today no problem porting. speed is terrible download between 0.12 & 2.56 upload around 0.12. phone is Iphone 5 connection is 3G ,4G in certain spots outside house. A good part of the day is saying "no service" do I need to change settings or just cancel.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

jeffrey wrote: »
    Moved to GOMO today no problem porting. speed is terrible download between 0.12 & 2.56 upload around 0.12. phone is Iphone 5 connection is 3G ,4G in certain spots outside house. A good part of the day is saying "no service" do I need to change settings or just cancel.

That's really poor.
    How was your previous data connection like?
    Location?

Was with Three,also a bit hit & miss but not near this bad, location Longford with clear view of Cairn Hill where I believe the transmitters are located.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

jeffrey wrote: »
    Was with Three,also a bit hit & miss but not near this bad, location Longford with clear view of Cairn Hill where I believe the transmitters are located.

Unfortunate.
    Does their coverage map seem accurate for your area?

I'm still waiting for my SIM to arrive but not expecting any problems in city centre.

Coverage map showing full 3G & 4G for the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

wilser wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how long it takes for SIM to port?
    Have a 3 SIM that was meant to change to gomo at 5 o clock this evening, but hasn't changed yet. Wanted to ask here before I fire off an email

Just an FYI for others, my number ported today at about 6 pm, so 24 hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

wilser wrote: »
    Just an FYI for others, my number ported today at about 6 pm

Some poor buggers working over the bank holiday w/e :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Was looking at some of the comments on their Facebook page, positive ones but negative also...some people cancelling their accounts with GoMo.
    I actually feel sorry for GoMo. I know that doesn't make sense. Whatever the problems with porting it's not as if GoMo are doing it on purpose and the people who provide the support, or lack of it it seems, are restricted by the system they operate in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    There isn't. You"ll only be able to keep track by your phone itself or by the bill when it's issued.

There is no bill for data usage and what it shows on your phone will be different to that the company sees.

They just throttle it if you go over usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

lighthouse wrote: »
    Was looking at some of the comments on their Facebook page, positive ones but negative also...some people cancelling their accounts with GoMo.
    I actually feel sorry for GoMo. I know that doesn't make sense. Whatever the problems with porting it's not as if GoMo are doing it on purpose and the people who provide the support, or lack of it it seems, are restricted by the system they operate in.

Why would you feel sorry for them. Don’t advertise a service you can’t deliver on. Reserve your sympathy for the people , some of whom are without the use of their phones for 10 + days at this point.
    Gomo support staff are the most incompetent, clueless and downright rude I have come across to date. The company deserve all the grief they are rightly getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Gomo support staff are the most incompetent, clueless and downright rude I have come across to date. The company deserve all the grief they are rightly getting.

So you're saying they are the same as other Eir customer service staff? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Why would you feel sorry for them. Don’t advertise a service you can’t deliver on. Reserve your sympathy for the people , some of whom are without the use of their phones for 10 + days at this point.

OK this is a general comment rather than directly aimed at you, but let's be real here....

Having read through most of this thread, I would have to say there are significant numbers of customers out there that would drive me nuts were I working for GoMo.

No research (even on the offer they're signing up for), no patience (it's been flagged here lots of times that demand is through the roof - of course this is going to lead to delays!), and no cop on (porting on a bank holiday weekend = expect it might take till Tuesday). Honestly, I know the old saying is the customer is always right, but it's just not the case much of the time!

This is an ultra low cost deal. It has attracted massive interest. It's ultra low cost because compromises have been made in the support area (no stores, no call centre support etc) and anyone signing up needs to bear that in mind before expecting gold standard service for their 10 euro.

I'm not saying that problems shouldn't be solved as fast as possible, but you get what you pay for too. If that's not good enough (which is fair enough too), then maybe this offer isn't for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

In fairness to Gomo both the wife and I ported over fine. We were paying €25 a month each before now so very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

In fairness to Gomo both the wife and I ported over fine. We were paying €25 a month each before now so very happy.

Same as. Ordered 2 sims in the first few days. Both arrived 2 working days later. Both working on arrival. One had a number ported to it in minutes. No issues.

My ex ordered 2 last week. Neither have arrived yet, but then she knows that everyone and his dog has been signing up in that time so isn't in a rush. They'll probably arrive in the coming days and she'll get sorted then.

As I said, some need to look at the reality of the situation and what they're expecting before complaining too much IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I was scheduled to port on Saturday. Didn’t fancy porting on a weekend never mind a bank holiday so when I received the sim on Thursday I rescheduled the port for 8am Friday morning. At 8:02 my eir sim deactivated and I put in the GoMo one. It was seamless.

My speed tests at home are abysmal but they were with eir. Out and about I’ve absolutely no complaint yet. For €10 a month it’s a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

If any further evidence is needed that GoMo demand has far exceeded Eir's expectations ... Eir CEO Carolan Lennon has said that she/Eir been “blown away” by the take-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 walaw

Folks, apologies if this has been answered already..... I signed up for this and my SIM arrived a few days ago. When placing the order I selected a port date (Thurs 31st) and entered current network details, etc.
    Several times since I have tried signing up for the online account (MyGoMo). I enter the email address I used when ordering the SIM and it says it will send me a link to activate the account. But the email never arrives - I have checked spam folder....
    Had anyone else had this problem? Will porting of number over go ahead of I have not successfully registered for the online account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

walaw wrote: »
    Folks, apologies if this has been answered already..... I signed up for this and my SIM arrived a few days ago. When placing the order I selected a port date (Thurs 31st) and entered current network details, etc.
    Several times since I have tried signing up for the online account (MyGoMo). I enter the email address I used when ordering the SIM and it says it will send me a link to activate the account. But the email never arrives - I have checked spam folder....
    Had anyone else had this problem? Will porting of number over go ahead of I have not successfully registered for the online account?

Multiple people have reported issues with Hotmail/Outlook/MS email addresses. (Not the first time I have seen MS mass block legitimate emails) Are you using one of these? There are no issues with Gmail addresses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement