Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 walaw

JTMan wrote: »
    Multiple people have reported issues with Hotmail/Outlook/MS email addresses. Are you using one of these? There are no issues with Gmail addresses.

Thanks for the reply JT. Yes mine is a Hotmail address. Do you know if this will hold up the porting over of my number?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

walaw wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply JT. Yes mine is a Hotmail address. Do you know if this will hold up the porting over of my number?

Nope it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

3 of us in this house have now ported without any major issue. I ported last weekend and there was an 18 hours delay (no biggie) but my wife and daughter ported during the week and it went through fairly quick. We are all finding the network much better than 48 with both better coverage and faster speeds. I have dual SIM Vodafone for work so I'll never be stuck, I really just want the cheapest option for my private SIM.

Has anyone got the voicemail working?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 walaw

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Nope it won't.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

sean29 wrote: »
    Getting terrible speeds with gomo at home (Clondalkin)

Parts of Clondalkin aren't well covered by eir/meteor for 4G

The mast nearest to me is non-4G but I get excellent 3G speeds at home (which is perfect for anything you'd ever do on your phone)

Further out in Parkwest/Industrial parks lay the 4G masts and I get excellent 4G speeds at home in non-peak hours (10pmn-7am) so it's contention during the day I guess

I get excellent 4G speeds out and about (so far) but for instance Clondalkin Village is relatively poor (2mbps DL)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

3 of us in this house have now ported without any major issue. I ported last weekend and there was an 18 hours delay (no biggie) but my wife and daughter ported during the week and it went through fairly quick. We are all finding the network much better than 48 with both better coverage and faster speeds. I have dual SIM Vodafone for work so I'll never be stuck, I really just want the cheapest option for my private SIM.

My voicemail is working

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

TheDriver wrote: »
    My voicemail is working

Mine is working this mornig too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

My voicemail is working
    Dayo93 wrote: »
    Mine is working this mornig too.

Same here

My voicemail is working

It's actually working this morning, should've checked before I posted

Anyone know if they plan to support Google RCS? Or if Meteor/Eir have supported it? It works fine on Vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Anyone know if they plan to support Google RCS? Or if Meteor/Eir have supported it? It works fine on Vodafone

Google have taken RCS out of the hands of the networks... So yes it should work fine

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Google have taken RCS out of the hands of the networks... So yes it should work fine

It's not verifying for me. It's as if the network is not allowing the text

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's not verifying for me. It's as if the network is not allowing the text

Same here. I tried the workaround doing the rounds the last day or so. No luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Same here. I tried the workaround doing the rounds the last day or so. No luck.

Same issue with iMessage on iPhone for me. Not verifying . As if the text isn’t being sent to activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Same issue with iMessage on iPhone for me. Not verifying . As if the text isn’t being sent to activate.

Plenty people here successfully activated iMessage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Plenty people here successfully activated iMessage.

Yes, a lot of them had to log out of iCloud & login again to sort it

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Bluefoam wrote: »
    It's not rocket surgery...

Brilliant! :D:D:D

It appears if you click on the help and support section or at least it did for me.

Make sure you're not blocking pop-ups, sometimes that is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Have been with Vodafone for years and have given no deals whatsoever. €20 a month for free calls, texts and 2GB free data, not great tbh. So thinking of taking up this deal.
    Few questions though.
    - Any catches?
    - Is there much to it?
    - What's the story with porting?
    - Why does it need our Driver/Passport number and Eircode etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

S.G.M. wrote: »
    Have been with Vodafone for years and have given no deals whatsoever. €20 a month for free calls, texts and 2GB free data, not great tbh. So thinking of taking up this deal.
    Few questions though.
    - Any catches?
    - Is there much to it?

Thanks

Ref the driving license or passport number, just make one up, I did, and not a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Ref the driving license or passport number, just make one up, I did, and not a bother.
    That's good thinking. Feck them keeping an eye on us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Was it some sort of attempt to stop people outside of Ireland signing up?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tomfoolery60

My voicemail is working

It took a day or two for mine to start working but fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Was it some sort of attempt to stop people outside of Ireland signing up?

I have no clue, all I know is that when I was signing up, I didn't have the license number to hand as it was out in the work car, so I just made one up to see if it would let me proceed with a spurious one, and I had no issues at all. SIM card should be here tomorrow I reckon, as I've my new number and all that jazz already emailed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Few questions though.
    - Any catches?
    - Is there much to it?

Thanks

Is it in case you need a new sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Before I ported the Voicemail worked perfect this was with the SIM card number that arrived on the sim since porting it doesn’t seem to recognise the number I will test it and input the number from the SIM card and see if that gets the Voice mail working. What a deal though eh? I was with Tesco mobile I had two phones with them now ported since 9am this morning after testing GoMo for the week and I’ll never be out of credit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Few questions though.
    - Any catches?
    - Is there much to it?

Thanks

No catches. It's eir reception. Nothing to do except signup online. Port via online account after you get SIM. Its a credit account hence need for ID. Eircode so they can send you the SIM.

Few questions though.
    - Any catches?
    - Is there much to it?

Thanks

Make sure your phone isn't locked to Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

No catches. It's eir reception. Nothing to do except signup online. Port via online account after you get SIM. Its a credit account hence need for ID. Eircode so they can send you the SIM.

For S.G.M. read previous posts here and on GoMo's social media pages to get a feel for the company.
    Personally I'm very happy with the service.
    Regarding GoMo using Eir's network I wonder have they sectioned off a part of their broadband for GoMo. I met a friend of mine in a pub in Galway on Saturday night. While his phone was showing "4G" on the Eir network mine was only showing the "H" but maybe his phone is just more sensitive than mine.
    I get very good speeds in Salthill anyway so no complaints. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

I ported over this morning at 8am - the only thing that’s not working is Voicemail. I had tested GoMo for a week using their own 085 number and voicemail worked flawlessly. I’d say it’s the porting issue with your own number is causing the issue. I’m sure hopefully it will be fixed soon. I sent over a message via Twitter. Once I have Calls and Data I’m not to worried regarding voicemail. I’m sure it will all be fixed soon but coming from topping two phones up by €15 a month = €30 via Tesco to now not be worried about running out of credit - and paying €20 a month for two phones. It’s about time someone shaked up the mobile network and fair play to GoMo/EIR for doing so, having tested it for the week before porting over I could not fault it, starting off I was annoyed with the chat service but via Twitter is allot easier to DM them.

• Advertisement

Voicemail looks like it takes a while to activate or so was the case with all 3 accounts we ported to them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement