Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Voicemail looks like it takes a while to activate or so was the case with all 3 accounts we ported to them

Awww excellent before porting it worked perfect so I’ll just wait a bit longer :) thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Just ran a speed test on the network in Galway city, 0.39mbps download for anyone interested. If I was living here I'd be hugely disappointed.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Blanchardstown Centre

FE6-BE195-614-C-41-B1-815-B-153-F07-E89460.png

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Just ran a speed test on the network in Galway city, 0.39mbps download for anyone interested. If I was living here I'd be hugely disappointed.

Where in Galway is that? Did you do a second test?
    This is speed test in Salthill now.
    https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5430619195

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

So I have my GoMo sim, set to activate on Nov. 1st
    I'm with Eir now, phone isn't locked. Carried my number over.
    Is it as simple as swapping the sims out or is there anything else I need to do before using it on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

ThePott wrote: »
    So I have my GoMo sim, set to activate on Nov. 1st
    I'm with Eir now, phone isn't locked. Carried my number over.
    Is it as simple as swapping the sims out or is there anything else I need to do before using it on Friday.

Yep. Wait until you lose service on Eir sim and then swap in GoMo sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anybody any feedback on this?

Thinking of buying two sims and replacing what is effectively the same service with three for 35e?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

People I know are now cancelling their wired internet connection and replacing it with a GoMo sim in a hotspot. This is saving them €40 a month and currently there is enough bandwidth for them to get by for things like Netflix and general web browsing.
    I emphasise "currently", I still think people who don't realise this service will eventually get to the stage where it is almost unusable in congested areas at peak times are delusional. The only thing that can prevent this from happening is if other providers offer a similar service in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Drumpot wrote: »
    Anybody any feedback on this?

Thinking of buying two sims and replacing what is effectively the same service with three for 35e?!!

Yup! It's in the 2973 posts before yours :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

tuxy wrote: »
    People I know are now cancelling their wired internet connection and replacing it with a GoMo sim in a hotspot. This is saving them €40 a month and currently there is enough bandwidth for them to get by for things like Netflix and general web browsing.
    I emphasise "currently", I still think people who don't realise this service will eventually get to the stage where it is almost unusable in congested areas at peak times are delusional. The only thing that can prevent this from happening is if other providers offer a similar service in the coming months.

80GB isn’t very much to replace fixed line BB, streaming Netflix, Spotify and general browsing on a laptop, tablet or smartTV wouldn’t be long about using up that allowance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

lighthouse wrote: »
    For S.G.M. read previous posts here and on GoMo's social media pages to get a feel for the company.
    Personally I'm very happy with the service.
    Regarding GoMo using Eir's network I wonder have they sectioned off a part of their broadband for GoMo. I met a friend of mine in a pub in Galway on Saturday night. While his phone was showing "4G" on the Eir network mine was only showing the "H" but maybe his phone is just more sensitive than mine.
    I get very good speeds in Salthill anyway so no complaints. :)

Maybe for billpay but prepay eir vs gomo is same boat. Anyone on Eir prepay may as well change to gomo

Aquos76 wrote: »
    80GB isn’t very much to replace fixed line BB, streaming Netflix, Spotify and general browsing on a laptop, tablet or smartTV wouldn’t be long about using up that allowance.

Yes, some people may need 2 sims. And while 160GB wouldn't be close to enough for me it would be for many homes. I still know people that see no problem in watching video in SD, something I consider almost unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

How do you handle 0818 and other premium numbers with GoMo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

westyIrl wrote: »
    Yep. Wait until you lose service on Eir sim and then swap in GoMo sim.
    Sweet, so I don't have to contact Eir or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

lighthouse wrote: »
    Where in Galway is that? Did you do a second test?
    This is speed test in Salthill now.
    https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5430619195

Hey , that was in Ballybane/Ballybrit area I'm back home in rural Co.Galway and averaged 13mbps . No in city I only ran it once, it was enough to see that once :o I think as people have already suggested contention in urban areas will bring it down and pi$$ peeps off :eek:

Hey , that was in Ballybane/Ballybrit area I'm back home in rural Co.Galway and averaged 13mbps . No in city I only ran it once, it was enough to see that once :o I think as people have already suggested contention in urban areas will bring it down and pi$$ peeps off :eek:

Unless GoMo/Eir have erected a large number of new masts recently that's what will happen.
    That said I am still considering switching to GoMo, I really only do basic browsing and listen to podcasts when out and about, I rarely stream video.
    It could be the perfect service for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭mossie

My sister in law switched over today, went fine except we can't get data working. I used the APN settings on here but any of them won't work. i get H+ on the bar but there's a x beside it. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

mossie wrote: »
    My sister in law switched over today, went fine except we can't get data working. I used the APN settings on here but any of them won't work. i get H+ on the bar but there's a x beside it. Any ideas?

Toggle airplane mode on & off

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

degsie wrote: »
    How do you handle 0818 and other premium numbers with GoMo?

0818 seems to be included. See here.

Toggle airplane mode on & off

Don't have the phone handy. Rebooted it a few times earlier which did not work didn't try airplane mode though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

JTMan wrote: »
    0818 seems to be included. See here.
    They're all included come Dec due to comreg ruling

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Ordered two sims, only received one. Cant register on the website because its broken so i topped up my 3mobile sim by 20 euro yesterday as did my wife.
    Myself and my wife got a text saying we are to be ported tomorrow, cant access mygomo to postpone and cant contact gomo either......
    What the feck like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Ordered two sims, only received one. Cant register on the website because its broken so i topped up my 3mobile sim by 20 euro yesterday as did my wife.
    Myself and my wife got a text saying we are to be ported tomorrow, cant access mygomo to postpone and cant contact gomo either......
    What the feck like?

It's a bank holiday you'll not get anyone until tomorrow

Website is working fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Can Anyone who's successfully ported confirm what the coverage and data speeds are like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Can Anyone who's successfully ported confirm what the coverage and data speeds are like?

FFS, there's pages of replies and speedtests

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Wife's and mine ported successfully - got the sims, set porting time to 5 mins after, everything is working great.

89Mb/s near Howth Harbour last night. About 20Mb/s in town. No problems.

Ported also after testing the sims for a week - porting went flawlessly at 9am - speeds vary and will always vary but for the price I’m not complaining it’s a fantastic offer if your not happy just switch to someone else and pay triple the price.

It may still have the old settings attached which happened with my IPhone simple fix just put in data.mymeteor.ie

All working fine - either turn airplane mode on or off or reboot phone once those settings have been changed.

Oige1981 wrote: »
    It may still have the old settings attached which happened with my IPhone simple fix just put in data.mymeteor.ie

All working fine - either turn airplane mode on or off or reboot phone once those settings have been changed.

Yeah, did this but no luck

• Advertisement

Yeah, did this but no luck

Reset network settings then on the phone - test the sim in another phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement