Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo - New MVNO on eir Network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭seanbirkhead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Where were you? All networks have better reception than others in places. While one might be great for you it might be useless for someone else up 2 miles up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭seanbirkhead

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Where were you? All networks have better reception than others in places. While one might be great for you it might be useless for someone else up 2 miles up the road.

Location is not relevant in this test. What you need to take from the video is the signal strength of the networks immediately prior to running the test. Gomo actually had a slight advantage in the test in terms of the signal strength.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So, roaming aside, are international calls (e.g. Ireland to Germany) included in the package ("Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries.") or not? And if not, where's the list of prices? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

This feels to me that it would be perfect for my Dad, he's on the old emobile €24 legacy simo and doesn't use data so the price for calls and texts would be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thought about jumping, I'm on a €20 a month rolling contract with eir (goes up to €25 after intro offer at which time I'll jump on another promo deal) but I get eir sport app free which allows me to watch the PRO14 and RWC rugby on TV via my note 9...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

New Home wrote: »
    So, roaming aside, are international calls (e.g. Ireland to Germany) included in the package ("Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries.") or not? And if not, where's the list of prices? Thanks.

No. In a few years calls/texts to other EEA countries will be treated as domestic calls but not yet. Current EU regulation caps the price of calls at 19c/min+VAT and texts at 6c+VAT and that's exactly what GOMO charges.

International calls/texts to non-EEA countries are obviously much more expensive.

Edit: A very quick search of the GOMO website found the pricing here: https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thanks Quackster. Is that mentioned anywhere on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

International calls/SMS not included so Ireland to Germany costs extra.

The prices are listed in this guide...
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

At the top of first page, under "Inclusions"...
    Unlimited calls to Irish mobiles and landlines, unlimited texts and
    Unlimited Data* (10GB EEA Roaming) (SIM only plan)

International calls to Europe cost 23.37c per minute.

Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries.

They should word that better to make it clearer but the wording under "Inclusions" clarifies it.

I'm really, really thick... I never noticed there were more pages... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

I migrated across from Vodafone today - was ported over at exactly the time I asked for.

Big improvement in speeds (see attached). Network icon on the phone is now showing LTE as opposed to the 4G I used to get with Vodafone. (I'm in Dublin city)

Voicemail is not working but web chat support said they hope to have it back up in 24 hours. Not something I use much.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Have done a few speed tests and GoMo mostly tops my previous provider Virgin Mobile. :pac:

Hope it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Been a good experience so far. Wish I could activate WiFi calling in my house but it’s decent speed inside and excellent outside. The below screenshot was taken in Wexford town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Ported this morning. Great speeds so far. much better than I had on three anyway.

Happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Ported this morning. Great speeds so far. much better than I had on three anyway.

Happy so far.

Ported this morning too, postman said yesterday that he was flat out delivering them,

I got just under 65mb download & just over 20mb upload

Hopefully speeds don't get too throttled as more sign up but I'm more than happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    Ported this morning too, postman said yesterday that he was flat out delivering them,

I got just under 65mb download & just over 20mb upload

Hopefully speeds don't get too throttled as more sign up but I'm more than happy with that.

Once it matches the speeds i.got a three I'll be happy as it's 33.3333% the price per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Waiting on the port to happen, be nice to be back on the true Meteor network again as its where I got my best experience. I'm with Eir now but it was never as good speeds. Virgin was awful, Vodafone are too expensive (with terrible support) so this should be great for me.

Once it matches the speeds i.got a three I'll be happy as it's 33.3333% the price per month.

I was on Tesco mobile which uses the 3 network, , tbh I rarely went over the data and call cap ( though I did a couple of times on both) but there was hardly any texts in that package.. and gomo is €5 a month cheaper than what I was paying so added up over a year I decided to go for it.

I done a few speedtests lately on Tesco mobile & was getting speeds of 170mb at 4 or 5 am , but usually anything between 40 -70mb at peak times, tbh I would have been happy with anything over 10mb as I'm on WiFi during most of the peak time anyway

So far so good..just need them to get the voicemail issue sorted out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

oranbhoy67 wrote: »

So far so good..just need them to get the voicemail issue sorted out!!

Voicemail working for me as when I checked this morning.

BillyBird wrote: »
    Voicemail working for me as when I checked this morning.
    It was asking me for a number I just thought after reading it was broken not to enter one yet, what number do you use for voicemail do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭big_show

I ordered my SIM this time last week yet my account still says in progress... has anyone else had to wait this long for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ordered last Thursday and arrived today. Port due for tomorrow. I wonder if they're sending them out based on port dates? People who ordered after me got them before me. Could just be random though due to the volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just got these speeds here at work!

Far above what I was getting on Three!

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Those speeds are treble what I currently get on three and I’m paying €45 a month for the privellage. Ordered a sim today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Colleague in work just signed up to a 2 year contract at €40/mo for an S10, despite me telling him he'd get one from a reputable seller on Amazon for €650. It would have been more or less the same price to stick with his current Sim Only plan and buy a full price unlocked phone.

GoMo would have saved him €270 over the 2 years. Never touching a contract again, especially now that they're all 24 months. Cheaper to buy unlocked off Amazon, better selection too.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Ordered last Thursday and arrived today. Port due for tomorrow. I wonder if they're sending them out based on port dates? People who ordered after me got them before me. Could just be random though due to the volume.

they are yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Colleague in work just signed up to a 2 year contract at €40/mo for an S10, despite me telling him he'd get one from a reputable seller on Amazon for €650. It would have been more or less the same price to stick with his current Sim Only plan and buy a full price unlocked phone.

GoMo would have saved him €270 over the 2 years. Never touching a contract again, especially now that they're all 24 months. Cheaper to buy unlocked off Amazon, better selection too.

I agree SIM only is the way to go - too much tie-in otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

cal60 wrote: »
    I agree SIM only is the way to go - too much tie-in otherwise.

Indeed my 3 year old Moto G4 was bought from Amazon and I currently have a few phones like the Motorola One Vision on a watchlist. Some good phones to be gotten on Amazon for around the €200 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Anybody get voicemail to work? Keep getting 'you have entered an invalid number' when entering my ported number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody get voicemail to work? Keep getting 'you have entered an invalid number' when entering my ported number.

Mine started working today. Took a week to sort itself out after porting but not a huge issue overall.

Advertisement