Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo - New MVNO on eir Network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I go into eir's store if the staff would be able to help. Still waiting to be ported since monday. Tried the contact form and messaged customer care on twitter and can't find a phone number to talk to someone in person...

I assume not , gomo is online only , thus is offering the 10 euro option

Depending on individual they may guide you in right direction but will unlikely be able to do anything and probably have been advised not to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

JTMan wrote: »
    Eir stores can't help. There is no phone support.

Have you tried the chat function inside My GoMo?

Thanks. No I can't see that option. Even in support under how can you contact us it just shows a link to the form I filled out Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

In Brussels this weekend and have 10GB EU roaming allowance, is this completely separate to my 80GB when at home in Ireland?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishuser2222

Hi - I have a question on SIM activation. My activation date was scheduled for yesterday. I need my phone network this weekend and still have my old network with EIR working. I assume that this will continue to work until I put my new GOMO SIM in and activate it?

Then how long does it take before I have network coverage? Will I be able to use Whatsapp etc during the porting process? Need it for work pretty much every day for the next few days so not sure I can have a long outage. Thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi - I have a question on SIM activation. My activation date was scheduled for yesterday. I need my phone network this weekend and still have my old network with EIR working. I assume that this will continue to work until I put my new GOMO SIM in and activate it?

Then how long does it take before I have network coverage? Will I be able to use Whatsapp etc during the porting process? Need it for work pretty much every day for the next few days so not sure I can have a long outage. Thanks for help.

Your old network will continue to work until the port occurs, then reception will die and you can then use your GoMo sim with the ported number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

madmoe wrote: »
    In Brussels this weekend and have 10GB EU roaming allowance, is this completely separate to my 80GB when at home in Ireland?

Thanks,
    M
    On Eir, the 10Gb was part of the 80Gb.id suspect its the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishuser2222

JTMan wrote: »
    Your old network will continue to work until the port occurs, then reception will die and you can then use your GoMo sim with the ported number.

Thanks, so If i can't afford a 24 outage in network for a few days, is it okay just to delay port even if after the port date?

Does it really take 24 hours from what people have seen? Would whatsapp work straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks, so If i can't afford a 24 outage in network for a few days, is it okay just to delay port even if after the port date?

Does it really take 24 hours from what people have seen? Would whatsapp work straight away?

You can change the port date and time online up to your chosen time.

Unlikely to not have reception on your old or new sim, either or should work until port is complete.

The port took 5 minutes for me. Normally it is quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

From what I understand, WhatsApp works on the contacts in your phone book and, as it is internet-related it works when your phone is connected via wi-fi or via the phone network.

I put my new GoMo SIM into my existing phone, I'm temporarily using the new GoMo phone number, and (though I had to change my number in WhatsApp settings), I was able to WhatsApp my contacts to tell them of the temporary number change and all has been fine since.

Waiting for the dreaded port to complete - more of that later....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone else waiting on a port since last monday mine appeared cancelled on the site this morning and I was able to reenter it and the port took half an hour :D and then customer service FINALLY got back to me. Murphys law ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

Ordered two SIM's on 15th Oct and opted to port over today. Received the SIM's the following day. And this morning both numbers had ported over within 10 minutes of the chosen start time.

I haven't tested the speeds yet for data, but I can tell you it's a hell of a lot better than what I was getting on Vodafone.

So far so good on GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Ordered two SIM's on 15th Oct and opted to port over today. Received the SIM's the following day. And this morning both numbers had ported over within 10 minutes of the chosen start time.

I haven't tested the speeds yet for data, but I can tell you it's a hell of a lot better than what I was getting on Vodafone.

So far so good on GoMo.

How do you know data speeds are better if you haven't tested them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 feetofflames

Hi. Does anybody know why my go mo sim wont work in an existing EIR mobile broadband router (B528) I ran out of mobile broadband on Eir and wanted to use my Go mo allowance temporarily? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Hi. Does anybody know why my go mo sim wont work in an existing EIR mobile broadband router (B528) I ran out of mobile broadband on Eir and wanted to use my Go mo allowance temporarily? thanks

Easier to just use phone hotspot.

Otherwise log in to the router settings and check the APN, it might need to be set manually to

data.mymeteor.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

physioman wrote: »
    How do you know data speeds are better if you haven't tested them?

I've tested it by opening a page in safari that takes an age on VF and loads instantly on GoMo.

Also I can't even load a gif on Reddit in the city centre on VF. Again, no problems on GoMo.

So while I haven't carried out a speedtest, a simple user test signals better coverage for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Siberian Husky

Quick question: has anyone managed to port a number on an iPhone? I see across several threads that success is mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Quick question: has anyone managed to port a number on an iPhone? I see across several threads that success is mixed.

Porting has nothing to do with the handset.

ED E wrote: »
    Porting has nothing to do with the handset.

It does in this instance. It’s the same problem that reared it’s head on Tesco Mobile last year. iMessage and FaceTime not activating. Plus porting issues.

This generates multiple texts from the Apple server in the UK. At 15c a pop.

Have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

It does in this instance. It’s the same problem that reared it’s head on Tesco Mobile last year. iMessage and FaceTime not activating. Plus porting issues.

Have a look.

Poor apple fanboys. They pay so much for the handsets they have to go cheap for their mobile service :cool:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Have a look.

There shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't pop the GoMo SIM into your iPhone until your number has ported over to it first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

degsie wrote: »
    Poor apple fanboys. They pay so much for the handsets they have to cheap for the mobile service :cool:

Could you repeat that in English please. Sentence sense no make :cool:

degsie wrote: »
    Poor apple fanboys. They pay so much for the handsets they have to cheap for their mobile service :cool:

How old are you? Nine?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have a look.

Not a porting problem, thats an iMessage problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

What the f*ck is wrong with this crap? When I put in my email for the Customer Details part it says my email is invalid. Then I tried another email address I have and the same thing. I use Gmail

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

zeebre12 wrote:
    What the f*ck is wrong with this crap? When I put in my email for the Customer Details part it says my email is invalid. Then I tried another email address I have and the same thing. I use Gmail

This can happen to me on many sites and usually there is a space after the email address. Maybe this is the case for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This can happen to me on many sites and usually there is a space after the email address. Maybe this is the case for you?

I tried on my laptop and it worked. They are saying 10 working days for it to be delivered? I thought when this offer was first announced there was a huge number buying the sim card and people had them delivered within a day or two. I presumed it would have slacked off a bit now and even they may have more staff. 2 weeks seems a bit excessive now?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

zeebre12 wrote: »

That's happened to me a few times on the mobile site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I tried on my laptop and it worked. They are saying 10 working days for it to be delivered? I thought when this offer was first announced there was a huge number buying the sim card and people had them delivered within a day or two. I presumed it would have slacked off a bit now and even they may have more staff. 2 weeks seems a bit excessive now?

It's not the end of the world to wait 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

zeebre12 wrote:

We ordered four in the space of 10 minutes in my house. One was delivered after two days. Two after a week & the last took two weeks. The one that took two weeks turned out to be better value as it arrived on the first day of the month so my wife gets a full month for her original 9.99

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Not a porting problem, thats an iMessage problem.

Whatever it is, it's an issue with the iPhone on that network. One guy had 85 texts sent to him. At 15c a pop.

Advertisement