Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo - New MVNO on eir Network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It does in this instance. It’s the same problem that reared it’s head on Tesco Mobile last year. iMessage and FaceTime not activating. Plus porting issues.

I th I read somewhere that facetime won't work on GoMo? Not allowed or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I th I read somewhere that facetime won't work on GoMo? Not allowed or something?

What kind of bolloxology is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Such a pity that Apple don't have a 'premium' mobile service.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Bluefoam wrote:
    What kind of bolloxology is that?

You are right. I Googled it after I posted. What I read was that posters were saying that they were being charged for FaceTime. I should have edited my post

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Siberian Husky

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You are right. I Googled it after I posted. What I read was that posters were saying that they were being charged for FaceTime. I should have edited my post

There was a similar issue on TM last year. Then it disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Need to port my number back to old network. Do I have to give these guys notice or can I just switch and the account will automatically be terminated?
    Any help thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can't simply revert to your old network and plan, you'll have to port to your old network as if you were a "new" customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tamsta

Hi, would anyone know answers to these questions about gomo account?

1) Whether your number with the current network provider is a Bill pay account or Pay as you go/Prepay account?
    2) If Bill pay account then help me with the account number and also that the account was registered with one mobile number or more than one mobile number.
    3) If prepay account then help me whether the account was registered with any residential address or not registered with the address.

Gomo's internet is much worse even than Tesco's, so after week with them switching again and to be able to carry my number with me, I need answers to the questions above. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Tamsta wrote: »
    Hi, would anyone know answers to these questions about gomo account?

1) Whether your number with the current network provider is a Bill pay account or Pay as you go/Prepay account?
    2) If Bill pay account then help me with the account number and also that the account was registered with one mobile number or more than one mobile number.
    3) If prepay account then help me whether the account was registered with any residential address or not registered with the address.
    !

Do you pay a bill or top up with your current provider?

If pre pay you should not have to provide an account number.

JTMan wrote: »
    Do you pay a bill or top up with your current provider?
    I'm trying to leave gomo and go ahead with tesco, so I need details of my existing gomo account. Thanks!

• Advertisement

I'm trying to leave gomo and go ahead with tesco, so I need details of my existing gomo account. Thanks!

Okay, your GoMo account number is inside My GoMo.

Okay, your GoMo account number is inside My GoMo.

Is it bill pay account or Pay as you go/Prepay account? Can't find account number either, My gomo provides order number (is it account number?), phone number, PIN and PUK codes only. Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Im with tesco and find coverage and internet speed very poor and I live in Galway city. 12 months into a 24 mnth contract with them. Cant leave unless pay remainder of contract so I wouldnt recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Tamsta wrote:

Your account number is on your bill & is also in the GoMo welcome email.

Porting from gomo back to eir and on the eir website gives no gomo option only other networks. Anyone come across this? Do I just pick a random network?

Sunny!! wrote: »
    Porting from gomo back to eir and on the eir website gives no gomo option only other networks. Anyone come across this? Do I just pick a random network?

Don't pick a random network. Ring Eir.

Don't pick a random network. Ring Eir.

No hassle will stick with them until maybe they make it an option on online porting couldn't be dealing with eir customer care.
    Hopefully gomo coverage improves. I know gomo is same as eir but had better coverage with eir sim...

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

No hassle will stick with them until maybe they make it an option on online porting couldn't be dealing with eir customer care.
    Hopefully gomo coverage improves. I know gomo is same as eir but had better coverage with eir sim...
    You had better coverage with Eir sim than with Gomo? I've moved from Eir to Gomo and coverage seems identical to me, as I had expected. It would be interesting to hear if others have had your experience.

Gomo doesn't work in places for me where eir always worked.
    Just a simple comparison in same area with eir I got around 5mbps on 3g with eir and get 0.6mbps with gomo on 3g don't know if its just me.
    It's cheaper but it not working properly in middle of city...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Your account number is on your bill & is also in the GoMo welcome email.

they would only have a bill if they were with them last month, otherwise they will have to wait till after 1st Dec to get a bill and see their account number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Just a simple comparison in same area with eir I got around 5mbps on 3g with eir and get 0.6mbps with gomo on 3g don't know if its just me.
    That's somewhat disturbing. I wonder if the number of people moving to Gomo has affected the contention ratio in that area. Could Eir users be similarly affected in that area now?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I switched from Eir to GoMo and i haven't noticed any differences with the network here in Waterford, Dungarvan, Kilkenny and Wexford. Also only had "E" and occasional 3G on a trip to ikea a few weeks ago, this was the same with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Contrary to the thread title, GoMo is not a MVNO.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

Got my SIM on Monday and set the porting for this morning at 9.15 All sorted by 9.45 and up and running with GoMo.Now to look for a new phone

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Perhaps you were using WiFi calling on Eir? GoMo does not currently support WiFi Calling. This wouldn't explain your speed comparison, but it would explain why calls/texts might have worked for you on eir and not on GoMo. Speed comparisons can be very hit-and-miss at the best of times, depending on who else is hogging bandwidth in your cell at a given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

degsie wrote: »
    Contrary to the thread title, GoMo is not a MVNO.

Whoa! So GoMo no MVNo, no?

(still waiting for my sim to arrive)

Big improvement today happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its identical for me and my trip to work has dead zones for eir, exact same for gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I got good speed today to. Very happy so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

castle2012 wrote: »
    I got good speed today to. Very happy so far

Trying to port out of gomo but gomo number doesn't receive the otp which is needed to perform the switch. What do I do now??

Advertisement