Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo - New MVNO on eir Network

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm trying to help someone who's helping someone else transfer their number to GoMo.

They've received the SIM and received the verification text from their old provider in the porting scheduler page, but when they fill in the form and click confirm nothing happens, anyone else come across this? The SIM is showing as delivered in the account, and they've tried a few different port dates. This has been going on for a few days now. They're currently with eir prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

TheChizler wrote: »
    I'm trying to help someone who's helping someone else transfer their number to GoMo.

They've received the SIM and received the verification text from their old provider in the porting scheduler page, but when they fill in the form and click confirm nothing happens, anyone else come across this? The SIM is showing as delivered in the account, and they've tried a few different port dates. This has been going on for a few days now. They're currently with eir prepay.

Are they trying to do this on their phone?
    Maybe try doing it on a PC and try different browsers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

TheChizler wrote: »

I had the exact same problem. Trying to do the port. So tryed on an iPad and worked straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone know how to check data balance? Just curious to know how much I'm using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭TestLink

Is there any way to disable international calls from GoMo SIM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Anyone know how to check data balance? Just curious to know how much I'm using.

You can do that on ur phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

degsie wrote: »
    You can do that on ur phone

its unlimited anyway they just slow you down after 80mb

which would take quite a lot to use up unless you are downloading loads of movies , tv shows etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

:mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!. This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!

I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.
    If it is not sorted out this week I am taking it to Comreg!
    GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!. This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!

What browser are u using? I was using some random browser it wouldn't let me confirm port date but I tried chrome and it let me do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

:mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.
    If it is not sorted out this week I am taking it to Comreg!
    GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.

My problem (until just now) was with Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer on my PC, and Firefox, on my phone. . It made no difference what browser I used!

I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION:

You have to visit your "account details" page FIRST

https://my.gomo.ie/offer

and then click the "move my number" link at the bottom left of that screen before you key in your details for porting your existing number to GoMo.
    It worked! :)

• Advertisement

In this months bill, I am charged for "57977 Premium" number. 2.50 each per message. I never subscribed for this.

18 Mar 20 21:50 57977 Premium 1 2.50
    25 Mar 20 09:12 57977 Premium 1 2.50

How to block this? Would I get a refund for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

First thing send STOP to the number, do that straight away or it'll be on your next bill as well.

Then tell Gomo to bar all premium services on your number.

Contact the provider of the "service" and insist on a refund. They need to show that an AGREE text was sent from your number to comply with their licence.

That's the gist of it, lots of threads about same scam perpetrated on other phone users...
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=57977

Thanks. Contacted ComReg. Got a reference number. I was requested to contact help@pfi.me with all details and get a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just be aware that Comreg are a little bit soft on these companies. They licence them to do this and then just let them off into the wild to do what they like...point being that you will need to do most of the work yourself...if the company pushes back and says it's a valid subscription by waffling about IP addresses etc just ask for proof of the AGREE SMS and then ask to speak to their data controller to get a copy of all data they have about you and where they got it (Subject Access Request).

Don't accept anything less than 100% refund

Advertisement