Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three - Any difference between APNs?

Options
  • 15-10-2019 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Quick question is there any difference between 3ireland and 3internet?

Currently using 3ireland but wondering would 3internet provide any benefits. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

3internet is intended for Broadband users and gives you a public IP address, whereas 3ireland.ie is the phone APN and gives you a private IP address behinds three's NAT.

If you don't need a public address (some sites my son uses don't work with 3ireland.ie) then use whatever works best. Sometimes one can be found to be faster than the other but there are no hard and fast rules.

Three don't give a toss what APN you use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Great stuff, thanks for the clear reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 weeb

Switching to 3internet allows you to access adult websites without having to go into a Three Store with ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

weeb wrote: »
    Switching to 3internet allows you to access adult websites without having to go into a Three Store with ID.

Jaysus, I better switch APN so! :-)

Advertisement