Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a new low?

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yet another reminder - only the OP, CMod, Admin or someone invited to contribute by CMod/Admin is permitted to post in a dispute thread

OP, have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Beasty wrote: »
    Yet another reminder - only the OP, CMod, Admin or someone invited to contribute by CMod/Admin is permitted to post in a dispute thread

OP, have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you?

Yes. And they will say they don’t care. As usual.

Hi. Is there anyone looking into this? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I will take a look now.

Did you attempt to resolve with the mod via PM? it sounded from your reply to beasty that you hadn't actually done so yet.

Please forward me the PMs if you have. thanks

I have. The just said I can take it here.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mad muffin wrote: »
    I have. The just said I can take it here.
    Please forward the PMs to Bluewolf, or post them here

Thanks

You can appeal in DRP.

That is one PM

Please provide copies of your PM(s) challenging the sanction. Was this the only PM you received from the mod?

You need to post the full conversation, including the original PM informing you of the sanction

Thanks

Dear mad muffin,

You have been banned from Politics for two weeks for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

Dismissing a source simply because you do not like it is not acceptable here. You are adding nothing to this thread.
    Your post:
    mad muffin wrote: »
    TomOnBoard wrote: »
    "President Trump has made 13,435 false or misleading claims over 993 days" says the Washington Post..

How can anyone believe a single word out of that lying grifter's mouth?

Excuse me? You think we are going to take the word of a bias news agency?

To coin AOC… I don’t think so.

And your PM challenging the ban?

• Advertisement

For some reason my sent message don’t save.

I said I would not stand for this.

By the way

Fox news is often dismissed as a source and Ancap never moderates that ... so it's nonsense for him to say that it's not tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hi mad muffin,

firstly, i would like to say, if you had put as much effort into your post as you have here, we wouldn't be here at all. giving examples of the WP posting false news to back up your statement would have been fine and makes sense.
    what you posted was a throwaway one line basically 'fake news' with nothing else to it. the politics forum tries to maintain a better level of posting standard.
    so in this case, i agree some action was warranted.

i have read other posts in the thread and noted that someone else had the same stance as yourself, but they did post links and more of an argument.

in terms of what card/ban/action - i have to take this post in light of your history in the forum. you have built up a record in the forum with warnings and bans, and i think you should know the lie of the land by now in terms of posting standards. your 2 week ban was a straightforward escalation of the previous ban you received.

however i feel even in that context, the 2 weeks was too much.
    therefore i am suggesting reducing it to one week while would expire tomorrow.

i would also suggest you be more careful with posting. and if you have a problem with others' posts, you should report them.

is this acceptable?

Thanks for looking into it for me. I’ll accept I suppose. Not that I have much choice. My track record is what it is because I’m. Not on the right side.

Plenty of the usual poster post frivolously or attack me or others with my view with impunity. Calling my posts link dumping or link soup. And being generally insulting. And there is no point reporting it as the mod there is extremely biased.

You can see how biased mods can be by looking at my thread in the help desk for being thread banned. I replied to a post that was off topic. A simple fact check. And was banned. If you go to that same thread. There was some more off topic and only those that initiated the post got banned. Those that replayed didn’t. Again because they are the “guys”.

Anyway. Thanks.

Politics ban lifted. However as the OP has been under probation, which expires on 30 October, a 3 month siteban has been applied (as this is the 3rd such breach within the probation period)

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement