Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Personal Loan

• 15-10-2019 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I'm looking for a small personal loan 5-6k. With Brexit looming, do we think it's a good idea to hang on and see what happens ? I reckon 2 countries could go into a recession so interest rates would be affected.. I'm no economist though.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MondayBlues

If you need the loan just get it, for a 6k loan there’s no point in fussing about Brexit, even if the interest did come down it’s going to be feck all. Shop around for the cheapest interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Seems to be An Post at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    .... With Brexit looming, do we think it's a good idea to hang on and see what happens ? I reckon 2 countries could go into a recession so interest rates would be affected.. I'm no economist though.

Irish interest rates are indirectly set by the ECB. And the economic situation in Ireland has little or no effect on interest rates in the Euro zone because our economy is such a small part of the overall area.

When our economy was overheating in the 2000s with rampant property speculation, the ECB kept interest rates low to help the German economy grow. In the process, they let the Irish banks build a bonfire of debt. If we had a Brexit recession tomorrow, they couldn't care less.

Advertisement