Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stones thrown to windows in Newbridge

• 15-10-2019 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

anybody is experiencing stones thrown to their windows in Newbridge?

It's been going on every second evening. I've installed lights and 2 outdoor cameras to catch their faces but still waiting for better footage.

I've been to guards but I guess they can't really do much. It's very dangerous as if I was in the garden I would get stones thrown to my head.

I will soon get some builder to raise the walls higher. It comes from antisocial behavior that is going on in Hieghfield estate in Newbridge.

Is there anything else I could do ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Unfortunately there's going to be very little you can do. The Gardai won't be interested in what are probably kids doing this, their parents likely won't be interested (assuming you can ID them), and confronting them will probably make you a target for more sustained hassle.

Raising the walls is one option but would probably not be cheap and might need planning? (no idea myself)

It's crap, but unfortunately it goes on in most places :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

How high do you think you're going to be able to build those walls? Certainly not high enough to stop stones being thrown

Advertisement