Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecco Traxc - Poor Soles

Options
  • 16-10-2019 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice re a Pair of Ecco Tracx shoes with very poor quality soles.

Bought May 2017, stopped wearing them when I discovered crack on one sole
    (foot got wet basically which alerted me) July this year,

Returned to original retailer, who said they'd return to manufacture for inspection did this September, they've been returned saying no manufacturing fault found. No offer of a discount or apology just nothing wrong move along now please

Left shoe is perfect, they arent used for walking much, only wear for work
    work in office, am I expecting too much. This is my third pair of this type/brand shoe purchased, got 4 years from last pair.

I dont want to come across as nitpicker but these are pricey shoes e165 when I bought now gone up to e170.

Is small claims worth a punt or does that make be a prick

Photos attached

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

BobMc wrote: »
    Looking for some advice re a Pair of Ecco Tracx shoes with very poor quality soles.

Bought May 2017, stopped wearing them when I discovered crack on one sole
    (foot got wet basically which alerted me) July this year,

Returned to original retailer, who said they'd return to manufacture for inspection did this September, they've been returned saying no manufacturing fault found. No offer of a discount or apology just nothing wrong move along now please

Left shoe is perfect, they arent used for walking much, only wear for work
    work in office, am I expecting too much. This is my third pair of this type/brand shoe purchased, got 4 years from last pair.

I dont want to come across as nitpicker but these are pricey shoes e165 when I bought now gone up to e170.

Is small claims worth a punt or does that make be a prick

Photos attached
    I doubt that they returned them. The soles don't look worn enough in other areas. I would try sending the evidence directly to Ecco first.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd say that splt was caused by severe stress as in, the shoes were manually bent in the middle with some force, clearly not when someone's foot was in it. I can't see how it could have happened in normal wear.

I'm on my second pair of this model, a small section of the stitching on the current pair has come apart on one shoe which means I can't wear them in wet weather. Not sure if it's just bad luck or whether I should change to a different model or brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

yeah, this isnt my first pair, I'd normally just let it slide, but the price of them and the age is grinding my gears abit, I'd never expect them to last forever, last pair I'd worn the sole so much black was coming thru soles.

Not great quality or durability considering the cost of them on this particular pair

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

BobMc wrote: »
    yeah, this isnt my first pair, I'd normally just let it slide, but the price of them and the age is grinding my gears abit, I'd never expect them to last forever, last pair I'd worn the sole so much black was coming thru soles.

Not great quality or durability considering the cost of them on this particular pair
    They originally used a high latex mix for these soles. I think that changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

coylemj wrote:
    I'm on my second pair of this model, a small section of the stitching on the current pair has come apart on one shoe which means I can't wear them in wet weather. Not sure if it's just bad luck or whether I should change to a different model or brand.

Berghaus

• Advertisement
Advertisement