Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create a premium rate number / SMS?

Options
  • 16-10-2019 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I have a business idea, but can't find any info on setting up a premium number.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A quick Google found this one.....

https://www.phonovation.com/premium-rate-services/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Is it to convert people's unused credit to cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Wheety wrote: »
    Is it to convert people's unused credit to cash?

It has something to do with using leftover credit. Are there big hurdles with this?

Edit! It just clicked why you're asking. The new Gomo phone line from eir or whatever they're called? Nothing to do with that. But good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

A quick Google found this one.....

https://www.phonovation.com/premium-rate-services/

Seen those guys around my Google travels. Would prefer to just cut out the middle man or at least see how difficult it is to do it myself i.e. go direct through comreg. I requested information from them but it's a bit hard to follow, they don't make it easy.

Would like some input from people who've done it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

It has something to do with using leftover credit. Are there big hurdles with this?

Edit! It just clicked why you're asking. The new Gomo phone line from eir or whatever they're called? Nothing to do with that. But good idea.

I had thought of setting up a premium text/phoneline before just to give people cash back from credit. To be honest I didn't look into it very seriously but I think you could only offer people 30-40% back by the time fees, costs and a little profit for yourself are taken.

I'd be interested to see if you can do anything with it.

The GoMo thing has a lot of people trying to use credit but when people move over, they won't be building up credit anymore. It costs €9.99 a month, that's not the same as topping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You could consider something like Twilio. You can build pretty much anything on their infrastructure.

Advertisement