Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schizophrenia Help please

• 16-10-2019 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi

My father has had schizophrenia for the last 30 years and is on the same medication for the last 30 years also.

He was great for a few years but the last 3 years he has gone down hill . In the past they changed his medication dosage and things would be ok again for a few more weeks .

But my family and I feel he isn't getting the care needed. I have been on the phone recently every day but feel like I am just being brushed aside . I do understand that the nurses and doctors and overloaded and I am not having a go at them.

I was recently told by a nurse that he could be put onto a newer drug that would help him with less side effects but I don't know if the public health system covers this . Health insurance is out because there is a five year wait on cover if you have a existing condition.

I am just looking for someone or some Info to help me out or has anyone any experienced a family member with schizophrenia who got help ?

Comments

Advertisement