Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UN-limited fibre bb.

• 16-10-2019 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I'm soon out of contract with my isp, so looking around for an isp that will provide TRULY no bull****, no "word play" UN-limited fibre bb.

just rang vodafone and rep said, Ya, its "unlimited" with a fup of 1TB, when i pointed out that was a Limit!! he just couldn't get it, but i ploughed on regardless and asked what happens if i hit the fup, he said they would throttle the speed's i would get.

Are there any no nonsense isp's that are REALLY uncapped, no fup, no throttling, Honesty providing such deals out there..??...

apophis32

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

If it's FTTH have a look at Airwire if available in your area.

You even get to talk to humans! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

your only option for unlimited FTTH is:

1 - Airwire
    2 - Eir
    3 - Westnet (County Mayo).

Vodafone, Digiweb, Sky and Pure FTTH all have fair usage policys/caps and can terminate your service for going over the usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

Thanks for replying all, I'm on FTTC, at this time and maybe for quite a long time FTTH is not an option i can chase.

apophis32

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

apophis32 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying all, I'm on FTTC, at this time and maybe for quite a long time FTTH is not an option i can chase.

apophis32

if your on FTTC, Sky also offer truly unlimited. They don't offer unlimited on their FTTH plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Virgin is unlimited too, speeds not up to max ftth though and not available everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

Thanks again Guy's for all the pointer's, is it true (as i have heard it is) that Eir FTTC is also 100% UNlimited.

thanks again all.
    apophis32

apophis32 wrote: »
    Thanks again Guy's for all the pointer's, is it true (as i have heard it is) that Eir FTTC is also 100% UNlimited.

thanks again all.
    apophis32

yep Eir is unlimited unless your account is more than 2 year's old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Gonzo wrote: »
    yep Eir is unlimited unless your account is more than 2 year's old.

Link??

Link??

don't have a link for it but I seem to remember only new accounts after a certain date about 2 years ago were unlimited and older accounts remained with a cap. Old accounts (such as mine) could contact Eir and get the cap removed. I did this about a year ago on the Eir boards support forum which is now long closed.

Not sure if this is still the situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Gonzo wrote: »
    don't have a link for it but I seem to remember only new accounts after a certain date about 2 years ago were unlimited and older accounts remained with a cap. Old accounts (such as mine) could contact Eir and get the cap removed. I did this about a year ago on the Eir boards support forum which is now long closed.

Not sure if this is still the situation?

I did the same, but as the Boards Eir section is closed I asked for them to do it via their Twitter account. All sorted, much quicker than trying to explain to a phone 'support' person who didn't even know their own packages

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I did the same, but as the Boards Eir section is closed I asked for them to do it via their Twitter account. All sorted, much quicker than trying to explain to a phone 'support' person who didn't even know their own packages

I originally tried the phone method and gave up after being left on hold for over 20 minutes, went on boards and had it sorted within an hour. Such a pity the Eir boards is no longer available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What is the Airwire FTTC service like and is that also unlimited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

tuxy wrote: »
    What is the Airwire FTTC service like and is that also unlimited?

http://www.airwire.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No FUP!
    I never see anyone recommending them for FTTC/VDSL while they get recommended all the time for FTTH.

Advertisement