Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luigi's Mansion 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

controls are horrendous even after 5 hours play. its all over the shop and that sound when your low in hearts......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

safetyboy wrote: »
    controls are horrendous even after 5 hours play. its all over the shop and that sound when your low in hearts......

Thought that sound was fixed in a patch?

Did you try using R for light, L for plunger and both together for dark light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone order the steelbook edition from Game.co.uk? How long did delivery take?

Thinking of ordering it, but wondering if it would be here before Friday so I can have it on the plane when I fly next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have to say this game is absolutely beautiful. The animations are some of the best Nintendo have ever done. Controls take a little getting used to but become natural after a short while.

That Mario Strikers easter egg is cruel though if it's just that :P Would love that game on Switch.

• I'm hopelessly addicted to collecting cash in this game!

Egad keeps telling me to
    go and get the briefcase and stop searching every room

No I'm busy sorry! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can turn off his nagging in the settings. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm hopelessly addicted to collecting cash in this game!

Egad keeps telling me to
    go and get the briefcase and stop searching every room

No I'm busy sorry! :pac:

He's a pain when your busy cleaning the whole hotel. Egad we'll get to it but the place has to be spotless first :pac:

Some of the puzzles are great. Really clever one in the Snooker/Pool table room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Some of the puzzles are great. Really clever one in the Snooker/Pool table room.
    The dart board one? That was pretty cool, yeah!

chrislad wrote: »
    The dart board one? That was pretty cool, yeah!

Yep that's the one :pac:. There's an achievement in that room as well
    put all the balls into the pockets

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yep that's the one :pac:. There's an achievement in that room as well
    put all the balls into the pockets

There's achievements on switch games now?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's achievements on switch games now?

I got a pop up down the bottom left anyway. Maybe achievement isn't the right word and it's a challenge in game?

• Corholio wrote: »
    Have to say this game is absolutely beautiful. The animations are some of the best Nintendo have ever done. Controls take a little getting used to but become natural after a short while.

That Mario Strikers easter egg is cruel though if it's just that :P Would love that game on Switch.

Luigi
    hopping out the window and walking along the edge of a building
    is the best thing since sliced bread :D

*Edit* Sorry probably a minor early game spoiler (maybe :/)

Luigi hopping out the window and walking along the edge of a building is the best thing since sliced bread :D

You can get out the windows? I never even tried that!!

You can get out the windows? I never even tried that!!

On floor:

Mr E wrote: »
    On floor:

Haven't gone there yet. Just on floor 3 (I think) now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Was just about to post this, finished watching this between various things on tonight. I have to say I'm very impressed, especially given the limitations. They did an excellent job. I was saying elsewhere a few days ago when watching footage, it looks great, though when you see 3rd party games on Switch, and what they look like elsewhere... But then again, one can say, you shouldn't miss that which you never had.

Edit: And be grateful what you do have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm calling it now. Hoovering simulator of the year.

• tailgunner wrote: »
    I'm calling it now. Hoovering simulator of the year.

Better than Kojimas walking one that's for sure :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished this. Really enjoyed it.
    All gems and Boos collected.
    Ended up looking up the location of one gem in the museum as couldn't find it after searching for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Picked it up on Halloween but finally played it today. Love it so much so far. Humour is brilliant. A good bit easier than LM2 so far (the ghost slamming makes it a lot earlier) but still very enjoyable. Plenty to go though so maybe it's just early on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Coming to the end of it now, it's not that long a game really. Fantastic for what it is, charming, funny, endearing. Really wonderful.

I remember getting Luigi's Mansion 1 with my Gamecube, playing it to death, finishing it in a day or two and trading it in for Smash Bros Melee. I might be doing the same here I think* unless I can think of how I can play this again.

*the trading in part, not the Smash Bros part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Rhyme wrote: »

You know you want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Rhyme wrote: »
    unless I can think of how I can play this again.

I believe there’s DLC on the way for it at some point. Have you managed to get all the gems & rare ghosts?

You know you want to!

I bought Smash Bros on release but that game really shines in multiplayer so I passed it on. I've a kid now who won't be interested in playing games for a good long while so I figured he'll be ready for games by the time the next Smash Bros comes out.
    AMGer wrote: »
    I believe there’s DLC on the way for it at some point. Have you managed to get all the gems & rare ghosts?

Most of the gems, yes and plenty of the rare ghosts. I've not looked up what I'm missing. Coming up to the final boss now. I'll probably hold on to see what the DLC is and if I'm disappointed I'll then wait for Gamestop to have one of those 'get this new game for free if you trade in a game from the list' deals and pounce.

I think I just prefer games I can lose myself in at the moment, or games that can briefly offer fun challenge and then return for more later on. I keep on coming back and replaying Zelda and the Steamworld games. Pokemon this week and plenty more over Christmas and in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

2 question
    I'm up on 5th floor looking for Gadds suitcase and a ghost has gone off with it and he told me to look at doors and walls with that special light but I can't see anything?
    Ive found a couple of hidden areas but can't seem to access them, the gargoyle and the room with the washing machines and golden mouse. Are these accessible when I get the vacuum upgraded?

sweetie wrote: »
    2 question
    I'm up on 5th floor looking for Gadds suitcase and a ghost has gone off with it and he told me to look at doors and walls with that special light but I can't see anything?
    Ive found a couple of hidden areas but can't seem to access them, the gargoyle and the room with the washing machines and golden mouse. Are these accessible when I get the vacuum upgraded?
    If I remember correctly, the ghost goes from the rightmost room through rooms to the left, then goes back to the rightmost room again. If you shine the blacklight on the door, you will see the outline of the ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Floor 8 spoiler
    Had to laugh at Luigi's less than enthusiastic reaction to catching the director

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Floor 8 spoiler
    Had to laugh at Luigi's less than enthusiastic reaction to catching the director

My favourite is when you complete a task as Gooigi and Luigi (in his semi-comatose state) also does a little victory gesture but decidedly half-heartedly and with his eyes closed.

Advertisement