Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Superb display from fallon Sherrock but the crowd didn’t cover themselves in glory. The ref could have pulled the crowd up far sooner than he did. It’s not fair to Ted Evetts.

And in fairness she seems like a very nice person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bit harsh putting the mic in front of her on the stage lol. But she's holding herself well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

US2 wrote: »
    8/1 put a tenner on to win 0 ? Events is decent and will prove again no female will beat any professional men.

You should really give up making predictions:pac:

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Poor Ted Evetts looked like he was about to cry with all the booing

Did anyone else think this???

He looked rattled and I do feel sorry for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Delighted for Sherrock but feel for Super Ted. He was rattled by the crowd and didn't do anything to warrant it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

6 x 180s, 19 x 140s and 41% checkout. Those stats would stand up against most of the men players. Leaving aside the male/female thing, that was the best game of the tournament so far for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

That was amazing. Delighted for her. Poor Ted. The slagging he gets now is going to be terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Delighted for Sherrock but feel for Super Ted. He was rattled by the crowd and didn't do anything to warrant it.

Yup, he was already nervous enough playing her and then the crowd really laid it heavy on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

The first 2 sets were a great standard but the standard dropped drastically after that but it was still great viewing, and if you put aside all the hype, the averages in the final sets were in the 80s and they wont trouble Mensur next round.

Fair play to sherrock, but the favoritism, comms ignoring of the disgraceful crowd, the ref refusing to ask for order until the end of the 5th set and the blatant bias took from her win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Kudos to her she spoke very well

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    That was amazing. Delighted for her. Poor Ted. The slagging he gets now is going to be terrible

Doesn't really deserve it. He played well enough to beat most other first rounders and acted with alot of decorum up there

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭passinginterest

Super game and a really historic moment. Fully justifies having the women qualifiers and should do wonders for promotion of the women’s game. Similar to the international qualifiers, it only takes one or two good performances to encourage others and to raise the standards. Great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

It is a strange thing when the crowd turns like that. It does definitely play a part. Still feel MVG would have beaten cross two years ago without the crowd turning on him for the match darts. What can you do to stop it though I suppose.

Degag wrote: »
    Doesn't really deserve it. He played well enough to beat most other first rounders and acted with alot of decorum up there

He can hold his head high in fairness. I love sky saying we need to forget it’s a woman which is how it should be but sky are a bit on the nose.

Ally Dick wrote: »

I really don't see that in this day in age. The stats are the stats, you play the darts, not the player. She would've beaten plenty of the first round guys.

Unfortunately Sky will only ratchet up the hype now I feel. With all the seeds dropping out early, they'll be delighted to have someone to concentrate on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭shockframe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He looked rattled and I do feel sorry for him.

A no win situation for him.

He would have won about 80% of the matches played already so was far from disgraced.

Fallon was excellent. Surprised she hasn't won the womens championship yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

D.Q wrote: »
    It is a strange thing when the crowd turns like that. It does definitely play a part. Still feel MVG would have beaten cross two years ago without the crowd turning on him for the match darts. What can you do to stop it though I suppose.

It's an unfortunate by-product of the atmosphere created by the PDC, they are miles and miles better than the BDO in every regard except crowd order.

That woman pundit is fair annoying alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

shockframe wrote: »

He would have won about 80% of the matches played already so was far from disgraced.

Keeps running into lisa Ashton who plays unreal against her every time

• Advertisement

She's gotten to the final once I think.

I think regardless we had a 25 year old woman playing a 22 year old man at the world darts championship. It's good to see the younger generation coming through.

Yeah, he deserves to be in the second round more than a few other players. THat's the luck of the draw i guess.

Who in their right mind thought having her aul fella give an interview was a good thing ? Jesus ****ing Christ, he was less coherant than Barney in his interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Ted is going to get some slagging for being the 1st to lose to a woman at worlds.

Unfortunate in 2019. She was the best player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This will be the talk of the sporting world

Evertts should be left out of this all, the luck of the draw. He's young and will need to get over this if he wants to continue and doesn't need the abuse/slack he will get from all the drunken idiots etc

Who in their right mind thought having her aul fella give an interview was a good thing ? Jesus ****ing Christ, he was less coherant than Barney in his interview.

Yeah fallon spoke very well and that should have been that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Fallon played brilliantly. Her scoring was excellent. The few missed doubles dragged her average down and the final set was nervy from both. It's brilliant to see a woman win though and hopefully it encourages more to take up the sport.

I agree the crowd were a disgrace though, Russ Bray should have been calling for order.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Fallon played brilliantly. Her scoring was excellent. The few missed doubles dragged her average down and the final set was nervy from both. It's brilliant to see a woman win though and hopefully it encourages more to take up the sport.

I agree the crowd were a disgrace though, Russ Bray should have been calling for order.

He did kind of in the final set. More of a token gesture though. If we think it was bad tonight the hype machine will get worse.

ok commentators, lets talk about this match!!

According to Young's Wiki page he got death threats on Twitter after beating Barney, I'm assuming that's bs

Crowd and commentators seem dead.

• Advertisement

Crowd and commentators seem dead.

Was just going to say the same, but the players aren't really doing anything to lift them to be honest. Evetts must be looking on wondering why he didn't get to play either of these two.

Earplugs !? I think he can lose them tbh.

PTH2009 wrote: »

Evertts should be left out of this all, the luck of the draw. He's young and will need to get over this if he wants to continue and doesn't need the abuse/slack he will get from all the drunken idiots etc[/QUOTE

Van Der Voort lost to Anastasia a few years ago and not long after made it to the Ally Pally quarter final.

Evetts knows the score. It'll be water off a ducks back. Was always likely to be close. The top 4/5 women players are not to be taken lightly. Even Suzuki played well last month against the second favourite for this.

I'd say De Zwaan is more relieved tonight Barney lost to Young. It would have been unbearable facing a crowd like that after Sherrocks game.

...although he may just think they are doing a great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Poor super ted !
    Fallon played great , was decent stuff.

PTH2009 wrote: »

Evertts should be left out of this all, the luck of the draw. He's young and will need to get over this if he wants to continue and doesn't need the abuse/slack he will get from all the drunken idiots etc

even using bdo players the PDC is the one generating the publicity and hype,

The bdo cannot hype their own players :D

...although he may just think they are doing a great job.

Haha he’s probably thinking the earplugs are too good.

I know the last game is over but fallon surely I favourite for the BDO women’s world title ?

I actually think I heard a pin dropping in the crowd a minute ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Looks like most are leaving now.

If u pay for tickets would u not wait until all the matches are over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭celt262

I know the last game is over but fallon surely I favourite for the BDO women’s world title ?

The Japanese one will have something to say about that
    This will give her great confidence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

She will be favourite now you'd imagine but I'd rather have Ashton or Suzuki ftw

Fair few empty seats there alright

Degag wrote: »
    Fair few empty seats there alright

good,

Darin young might get some respect from whats left this time as the pissheads all flake off

When is barney on ? You’ll be waiting a bit lad.

Director makes a boo boo by giving a close up of an absolutely miserable looking and uninterested darts fan.
    Luckily he came back yto life when he saw he was on camera, and I'm sure he'll be singing "stand up...." soon enough

Imagine if he got drawn against Sherrock in this tournament and lost!

Director makes a boo boo by giving a close up of an absolutely miserable looking and uninterested darts fan.
    Luckily he came back yto life when he saw he was on camera, and I'm sure he'll be singing "stand up...." soon enough

Well they are showing the signs in the crowd a bit more.

Btw fallon Sherrock according to sky sports is playing next Saturday in the third match of the evening session.

Well they are showing the signs in the crowd a bit more.

Btw fallon Sherrock according to sky sports is playing next Saturday in the third match of the evening session.

Feck it. Working for it so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,600 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Barney was beaten the other night.
    You won be seeing him in this competition again.

Advertisement