Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

You'd almost have to ignore DeZwaan score-to-score....he can ease in a 180 like it is nothing and go through some real purple patches, but just wait your chance for his inevitable 41s and missed doubles.

Maybe I'm doing a bit of a disservice and he's playing down to Young's standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Barney was beaten the other night.
    You won be seeing him in this competition again.

I know that. It was a sign someone had the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

You'd almost have to ignore DeZwaan score-to-score....he can ease in a 180 like it is nothing and go through some real purple patches, but just wait your chance for his inevitable 41s and missed doubles.

Maybe I'm doing a bit of a disservice and he's playing down to Young's standard.

Yeah, this time last year he looked a future world champion when he played Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Looks like most are leaving now.

If u pay for tickets would u not wait until all the matches are over

Can be a bit of a mare to get from one side of London to the other (taxi situation is like Dublin in the 90s), so people have to leave to get back to the centre of London for their last tube/train home.

It's why the venues where most people stay on site for days at a time (Lakeside, Minehead) are better craic I reckon.

You’d feel sorry for the two lads on now. Crowd is checked out.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »
    Feck it. Working for it so.

I'll be in the pub, but might slip outside for 45 minutes to catch it on my phone.
    She's actually a bit unlucky to have drawn Suljovic , top 5 player a couple of years ago and still on the cusp of the top 10.

If she plays as she did today she should give a good account again.

Ok, deciding set and the standard has raised. Could be game on from here.

I'll be in the pub, but might slip outside for 45 minutes to catch it on my phone.
    She's actually a bit unlucky to have drawn Suljovic , top 5 player a couple of years ago and still on the cusp of the top 10.

If she plays as she did today she should give a good account again.

Wouldn’t the pub not be showing it ? Probably a stupid question as if they were you wouldn’t have said you’d watch it on your phone.

Deciding set.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

think Young is done.....he failed to make hay when the sun was shining

Young really holds the dart right at the front of the tip. I don't think I've seen a player hold it so far forward. A wonder it flies straight at all.

DeZwaan hitting the gas now.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wouldn’t the pub not be showing it ? Probably a stupid question as if they were you wouldn’t have said you’d watch it on your phone.

Deciding set.

Not the pub I *have* to go to I'm afraid, far too cool for Live Sports, never mind darts. That said, they actually do have a dart board!

*as in I'm being dragged to, not that I myself feel I have to go to it :)

Just thinking a bit more about the women in the men's game, what would happen if Sherrock came up against a Gerwyn Price (or type) that like to react, shout, get in your face......I'm sure the players would either need to tone it down or turn it off altogether or face consequences. Would be a very, very bad look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭shockframe

Just thinking a bit more about the women in the men's game, what would happen if Sherrock came up against a Gerwyn Price (or type) that like to react, shout, get in your face......I'm sure the players would either need to tone it down or turn it off altogether or face consequences. Would be a very, very bad look.

That's nothing. She's plays Paula Jacklin regularly.

shockframe wrote: »
    That's nothing. She's plays Paula Jacklin regularly.

superb :D

Price was like a little baby when he played Suzuki in the GSOD. Hardly any gesticulations at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Ah right, just seen the replay. Wasn’t sure what went on.
    One of the Asian lads last year had 50 left, 3 darts in hand, boom, bullseye :pac:
    I love that sort of stuff.
    Yanks are unreal for it too only worse. Fist bump after each throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Don't see why some people are having a go at the crowd/Sky for the Fallon match bar the booing at times from drunken egits. Can't blame everyone for wanting to see her win so badly and create history. Was delighted for her when she won. Brilliant performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Don't see why some people are having a go at the crowd/Sky for the Fallon match bar the booing at times from drunken egits. Can't blame everyone for wanting to see her win so badly and create history. Was delighted for her when she won. Brilliant performance.

Vociferously booing a 22 year old who's done absolutely nothing to deserve that type of treatment is a disgrace and was rightly called out by most people here and also on Twitter.

I don't care who he was playing against or what "history" was being made, it's out of order and the ref should've intervened a lot earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Vociferously booing anyone is a disgrace but that is the beast that the PDC world has become. The crowd pay high entry fees, are encouraged to drink copious amounts of alcohol at extortionate prices and you expect them to see and respect two superb dart players (or not, as the case may be) through the slits in their bananaskin suits, batman outfits or whatever tf they turn up in? Good luck to any ref who thinks he can turn that hivemind around ...

Ted Evetts is a super young player and well respected on the circuit - there'll be no stigma attached to his being beaten by Fallon Sherrock other than it's obviously going to go down in the history books. Most of the players will be just glad they didn't get drawn against her! He played well himself and handled the defeat well, though I sure hope he at least gains from the experience of having had to play with the crowd against him. He's young enough and good enough to kick on from here.

NDWC wrote: »
    Vociferously booing a 22 year old who's done absolutely nothing to deserve that type of treatment is a disgrace and was rightly called out by most people here and also on Twitter.

I don't care who he was playing against or what "history" was being made, it's out of order and the ref should've intervened a lot earlier.

comms made no mention of the booing
    ref did not make a comment til neat the end of the last set

the same comms that were silent are the same people who harp on about sportsmanship.

i am delighted for fallon, but barry hearn has often stated the pdc is equal opportunities for men and women, but so why do the women have their own qualifiers ?
    surely if its equal the should enter the same qualifiers as the men,

it all a publicity stunt, that has paid off well, and attracted even more publicity for the PDC, but the booing wont go unmissed by many.
    As you say, a 22 year old kid getting that treatment was wrong and any neutral fan not swept up in the hyped will see it for what it was.

• Advertisement

Some people seem to think this is the first time a player has ever been booed at a PDC event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Some people seem to think this is the first time a player has ever been booed at a PDC event.

amen to that , few boomers in here , crying about a guy getting boo'd playing a woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭shockframe

And he wasn't the first Ted at a world championship to get pelters from the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Fallon could win the men’s BDO tournament playing like the way she is.

She could start by winning the womens one first...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Scoundrel wrote: »
    She could start by winning the womens one first...

She might not get the chance the way ticket sales are going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

Sky would rattle your hole still on about sherrock from last nite,oh lord all mighty above.wait till mardle is on tonight here we go again......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭boomdocker

bassy wrote: »
    Sky would rattle your hole still on about sherrock from last nite,oh lord all mighty above.wait till mardle is on tonight here we go again......................

Some carry on if she beats Suljovic

Kingp35 wrote: »
    She might not get the chance the way ticket sales are going!

True enough though I think they'll go through with it at this stage it's a real pity to see it in the mess it is because at least at BDO worlds the crowd there are darts fans not eejits dressed up as bananas singing about Yaya Toure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

boomdocker wrote: »
    Some carry on if she beats Suljovic

Not being a mean twat here,but I hope mensur burys her soley because of the sky carry on...............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Do Sherrock and Suzuki now take part in the Women's BDO championship after taking part in the Men's PDC? I'm a bit confused. Do they not need to crossover like Durrant etc have done? Or the way it's setup can they continue to play in both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Really poor stuff from Mickey mansell there

Do Sherrock and Suzuki now take part in the Women's BDO championship after taking part in the Men's PDC? I'm a bit confused. Do they not need to crossover like Durrant etc have done? Or the way it's setup can they continue to play in both?

They keep playing in the womens BDO no problem

But men can't enter that right? :P

But men can't enter that right? :P

Not yet anyway:D

• Advertisement

Crowd an absolute disgrace during that last game as well the PDC really need to tighten up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I reckon Barney might turn up saying he identifies as a women and calling himself Bernie. He seems hormonal enough anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Crowd an absolute disgrace during that last game as well the PDC really need to tighten up on this.

Not watching, in work. Who were the booing? Razma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Ted Evetts, for having the gall to be trying his best to beat the woman.

I seem to remember hearing 'the very best of order please' a lot from the MC years ago but they seem to have decided to let the crowd at it in recent years...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Dont understand why Fallon keeps saying the ladies need an opportunity to show they can play with men. The opportunity has always been there, they can join Q school, unless of course they dont actually want equality, they want special treatment

• Advertisement

US2 wrote: »
    Dont understand why Fallon keeps saying the ladies need an opportunity to show they can play with men. The opportunity has always been there, they can join Q school, unless of course they dont actually want equality, they want special treatment

She's wrong, two spots are enough. They need a bit of help at the start to promote the game and get more women playing.

How did your prediction of a woman never beating a top 128 man work out? :D

She averaged higher than a load of men in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

She's wrong, two spots are enough. They need a bit of help at the start to promote the game and get more women playing.

How did your prediction of a woman never beating a top 128 man work out? :D

She averaged higher than a load of men in the first round.

It didnt work out well. Delighted to be proven wrong. She threw some unbelievable darts especially at t20. She did beat a 22 year old ranked 77 with 3000 people booing his every throw..

Ted Evetts, for having the gall to be trying his best to beat the woman.

I seem to remember hearing 'the very best of order please' a lot from the MC years ago but they seem to have decided to let the crowd at it in recent years...

They used to say that when there were a few hundred at it.
    Not a hope with over 2,500 mostly boozed up darts fans.

Gotta love the darts. What other sport could a guy like Bunting get to the top in? Chess maybe...
    BuntingL16q_600.jpg

Not yet anyway:D

So much for equality then :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gotta love the darts. What other sport could a guy like Bunting get to the top in? Chess maybe...
    BuntingL16q_600.jpg

Wait til u see big John Henderson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wait til u see big John Henderson

I could imagine Hendo being converted into a prop forward if he did a bit of work at the gym. Bunting just looks like a fat speccy geek

Yeah pretty bad booing the foreign guy by the sounds of it

I could imagine Hendo being converted into a prop forward if he did a bit of work at the gym. Bunting just looks like a fat speccy geek

B6b-Sb6-LIEAA-4r-W.jpg

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I reckon Barney might turn up saying he identifies as a women and calling himself Bernie. He seems hormonal enough anyway.

Wouldn't beat Maria O Brien the way he's going

• Advertisement
Advertisement