Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭shockframe

Beaton rolling back the years.what a man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

Go on the Adonis,staying alive staying alive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I not that big a fan of Harrington, he says little of substance and if he says 'power scoring' once in a match he says it a hundred times.

I suppose the difficulty for commentators is there is no real strategy in darts, beyond "play the best you can all the time", but it's very hard not to fall into the standard sporting narrative of a player "coming out all guns blazing" and the like when they win a few consecutive legs, as if it was a conscious decision on their part to 'step it up.'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Fallon sherrock has got an invite to the PDc World Series in New York.

If Ted Evetts won, would have he got an invite instead in this world of equality ?
    Would he ****

If Ted Evetts won, would have he got an invite instead in this world of equality ?
    Would he ****

unfooking believable,pdc are clever out there gonna try brand sherrock now as a big name star in the sport and theres suckers out there that will fall right for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Would he ****

Possibly not. The PDC need to be careful as while I'm sure most if not all of us want to see women playing on the big stage at the worlds and yes what fallon did on Tuesday was a huge moment but if you go too far people will be turned off.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Possibly not. The PDC need to be careful as while I'm sure most if not all of us want to see women playing on the big stage at the worlds and yes what fallon did on Tuesday was a huge moment but if you go too far people will be turned off.

look at the general opinion on the dart forums, and its clear people think this is getting beyond a joke.

A single woman won a single game with a 91 average and sky and the PDC would have us believe she done something truly special.
    Fair play to Fallon, not a problem with her, but this whole pc correctness crap is out of hand.

fallon will be financially very nice if all this circus continues ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Might as well rename the thread at this stage. Maybe “The bitching about Mardle and Sherrock championship”?

look at the general opinion on the dart forums, and its clear people think this is getting beyond a joke.

A single woman won a single game with a 91 average and sky and the PDC would have us believe she done something truly special.
    Fair play to Fallon, not a problem with her, but this whole pc correctness crap is out of hand.

Well it was special as it had never ever happened before so when something happens for the first time it should be seen as special and the moment noted. I don't know if I'd say it's PC got out of hand but my point was if they(the PDC) take the piss then the good of the moment will be lost. And yes fallon comes across as a very nice person so it's the PDC that will get the push back.

• Advertisement

Might as well rename the thread at this stage. Maybe “The bitching about Mardle and Sherrock championship”?

No one is bitching about Sherrock but Wayne mardle I can get behind that. He annoys me.

No one is complaining about Sherrock and her performance...fair play to her. She got a chance, took it and played well.

The complaint is with Sky and the repetitive hype, the neglect to mention the booing, the refs lack of calling for order etc., and going overboard with this equality rubbish when its a fact had evetts won he would have not got a world series event invite from the PDC

And this nonsense darts is all about equality is a lie, because if it were true, there would be no womens qualifiers, a qualifier based solely on a players sex.

barry hearn and son eddie are money grabbbing opportunist,s and this lark with fallon getting the nod for new York just proves that and in all a joke to other players on the pdc circuit.and the English factor of sherrock look after your own and all that.i wonder would Suzuki have gotten the call for new York had she won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dobey making an absolute balls of this

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Dobey making an absolute balls of this

credit to muelenkamp though, showed some bottle.

something we dont see in the likes of white, smith and possibly chizzy tonight

credit to muelenkamp though, showed some bottle.

something we dont see in the likes of white, smith and possibly chizzy tonight

Very much so, really came back fighting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Enjoyed that, both could have won it. Dobey will be mightily relieved

TbL

Fair play to Dobey. Signalled to the crowd to keep order as Muelenkamp was throwing for the match.

shockframe wrote: »
    Fair play to Dobey. Signalled to the crowd to keep order as Muelenkamp was throwing for the match.

spot on.....something the refs should be doing but are not

• Advertisement

14 legs with throw until it was broken. When is the last time that's happened ?

Oh Jesus after playing some nice darts in the third leg of the forth set they went for a wander around the board.

shockframe wrote: »

It's pretty good sportsmanship from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Billie Jean King weighing with some misinformed gender politics:

https://twitter.com/BillieJeanKing/status/1207366752654577664?s=20

Any person, man or woman has the same opportunities to win an equal amount of money in the PDC. Just get your áss to Q school, win a tour card and after that it's up to you.

They won't pay Fallon Sherrock a penny less than MVG if she wins the PDC world championship and honestly more power to her if she does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

That was shocking from VdV under no pressure

TbL

whos in dobeys side of the draw?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

bassy wrote: »
    whos in dobeys side of the draw?.

Plays Fallon Sherrock (or Suljovic) next, then it's seeded to be Daryl Gurney in the last 16, Gerwyn Price last 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

6/7 on the doubles for Chizzy

Doubt we'll be saying that in 10 or so days time though

Plays Fallon Sherrock (or Suljovic) next, then it's seeded to be Daryl Gurney in the last 16, Gerwyn Price last 8.

oh nasty,i exspect mensur to knock out dobey in last 32.

What a dismal game. One for the tables v stands purists that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gerwyn Price time!

• Advertisement

3-0 or 3-1 to gezzy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Does Chizzy have something in his mouth when he talks? Cos it's not his tongue.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Does Chizzy have something in his mouth when he talks? Cos it's not his tongue.

he has a new shirt sponsor denny and countrystyle meats for hes rasher ears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

O'Connor bottled that last leg

Price pounding that treble 1.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    O'Connor bottled that last leg

oh man he just made a bollicks of it in last leg,just goes to show when it comes to the elite there is a difference.no bottle at all,should of hammered on to win the set on hes throw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Skys coverage this year even for them is hyperbowl city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Is it just me or does price nearly throw the dart before opponent leaves the board

Is it just me or does price nearly throw the dart before opponent leaves the board

gary Anderson was good at that in he,s day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

C'mon o Connor, that's more like it.... Need to take advantage when price is floundering a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ó connor doing well here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

O Connor not playing well but Price is there for the taking

If willie beats price , which i doubt he will , another of sky big hype players will be gone early , leaves only mvg / anderson and fallon left to hype

I'd say they're not any more than a step away, which is bad form imo, but no one seems to mind, the players included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Willie has a big chance here cos Price is averaging a good 10 points below what he is usually averaging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

This is as good a chance O’Connor could hope for. Price is miles off.

I know price is likely to find his form any game now, but O'Connor played some great stuff this set.... Needs to take it though obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

GO ON WILLIE

superb darts

Willie should be 2 up , hes flying

• Advertisement

will price awaken,will he wayne :D

Advertisement