Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Price got away with that big time, complete implosion/bottlejob from O'Connor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,921 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

what exactly happened? He mistakenly went for double 1, hit a single 1, then bust it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Incredible miscount, pressure does very strange things to people.

Price in fairness did throw 2 huge legs when he had to hold to stay in the game but unfortunately O'Connor wasn't able to hold it together.

I hope O'Connor can get over this and recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MVG could run away with this tournament

It's hard to trust some of the players who done well all year like Chizzy, Price and Wright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

bassy wrote: »
    some clown...…………………………………………………...still a pub player o connor

You must be class , what day are you playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Had the darts to beat comfortably the second best player in the world. Yeah, still a pub player alright.

Devastated for him, played well even if Price was off his game. Tbf price was sweating away I'd say it's roasting on the oche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

shamrock55 wrote:
    Feel sorry for him there, that's an awful way to go out after putting in a great shift

Yeah, totally agree with that sentiment. He gave a good account, should have won, had the brainfart at the end, but it can go either way, you can learn from it and insure it never happens again, and grow from it, or let it tear you up and make you doubt yourself in the biggest of moments. Hopefully the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ah devastated for Willie. That was cruel hope he doesn't beat himself up too much.
    This guy lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

sc86 wrote: »
    You must be class , what day are you playing?

playing the same day as you ;)

• Advertisement

Devon peterson is worse than mardle

playing the same day as you ;)

Im not on here calling lads pub players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone have a list of the fourth round ties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭shockframe

What a disaster for O'Connor. Would rather have lost 3-0 than for that to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭thebourke

did o connor from limerick win?

sc86 wrote:
    Devon peterson is worse than mardle

You could be right, but i find he doesn't inveigle his way into my ears as much... He might be so bland that my brain completely shuts him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,905 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

These days you'd really notice Dave Clark struggling a bit :( Fair play to him for keeping at it

Ah devastated for Willie. That was cruel hope he doesn't beat himself up too much.

This guy lol

if you wanna cut the edge in pro darts on the big stage you don,t make them mistakes,could forgive if it was in a pub turney……………
    good nite willie yar here to make up the numbers as you have shown,amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Did he throw the 3rd dart at the board after hitting a single one? They didn't show it, but it was called no score?

You could be right, but i find he doesn't inveigle his way into my ears as much... He might be so bland that my brain completely shuts him out.

Thank god for talksport

sc86 wrote: »
    Im not on here calling lads pub players

indeed,but that's the difference between players that participate and players who have that something extra and willie failed misberably when the touching line was in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone have a list of the fourth round ties

https://www.flashscore.com/draw/CMdBI2BD/n7o4L1lm/#draw

A far better night of darts overall tonight. Would like to see noppart get through the next round, although not sure what his draw is. Remember him having a storming bdo a few years ago and was wondering when he'd turn up at the pdc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gotya wrote: »
    Did he throw the 3rd dart at the board after hitting a single one? They didn't show it, but it was called no score?

He missed the board with the first dart, then hit the one, think he missed the board with his third

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

NDWC wrote: »
    These days you'd really notice Dave Clark struggling a bit :( Fair play to him for keeping at it

Yea it's getting worse alright - poor man.
    Like you said fair play to him for fighting on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭boomdocker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    MVG could run away with this tournament

It's hard to trust some of the players who done well all year like Chizzy, Price and Wright.

Much an all as I would have loved to see Willie win, it's probably better for the tournament to see Price go through as he is the one player (maybe the only one this year?) who I think can actually beat MvG in a world final

hon willie ya boy ya

siblers wrote:
    He missed the board with the first dart, then hit the one, think he missed the board with his third

Yeah, not important in the grand scheme of things, but i was thinking that they weren't even good attempts at x1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭irishgeo

did the mc say he needed 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

siblers wrote: »

Don't think he missed the board with the 3rd, it couldn't be called no score. It would have been, one scored.

He probably just randomly threw it after thinking he bust with the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Some ridiculously harsh criticism here. Willie was the better player, f*cked up big time and it cost him dearly.

• Advertisement

NDWC wrote:
    These days you'd really notice Dave Clark struggling a bit Fair play to him for keeping at it
    Sky get a bit of a kicking all over the ace these days, but i have to give them kudos for doing right by him, letting him present when he feels able, doing the prerecorded pieces with him.... Hopefully he can continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Some ridiculously harsh criticism here. Willie was the better player, f*cked up big time and it cost him dearly.

Agreed. He messed up big time. But some atrocious comments including one that he should hang himself. Horrible stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

irishgeo wrote: »
    did the mc say he needed 4?
    I played it back, he did.
    siblers wrote: »

That would be a score of 1 but it was called 'no score'.
    Think it was miss, single one (at which stage he thinks he is bust) and the third dart hit somewhere out of camera shot but on the board, hence 'no score'.

It sure if any stragglers still here watching the mardle v Taylor semi.... Little reminder of how good mardle could be..... But my god.... Listen to that commentary..... Honestly it's like watching a different sport.... When to talk, when to stay quiet, adding drama to every dart.... Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Very harsh

He did bottle it but to be fair he’s on the biggest stage of all and was going toe to toe with price

I just felt price was trying to rush him and thought willie should of slowed it down a bit - he was beating price on the board but felt like price was always winning mentally imo

boomdocker wrote: »
    Much an all as I would have loved to see Willie win, it's probably better for the tournament to see Price go through as he is the one player (maybe the only one this year?) who I think can actually beat MvG in a world final

MIght be a monkey off his back. Up to now his record at Ally Pally is eerily similar to Gary Anderson's at Lakeside. His saving grace was that he scored very well holding his own throw. The standout for a last 16 place on his side as it stands.

MVG and Price had wobbles they maybe weren't expecting. The big hitters of the field will take encouragement from their struggle too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Some people on twitter saying it was Fixed lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

if you wanna cut the edge in pro darts on the big stage you don,t make them mistakes,could forgive if it was in a pub turney……………
    good nite willie yar here to make up the numbers as you have shown,amateurish.

Do you know the guy personally or something, did he embarrass you in a game in front of your pals, your some gobs hit in fairness to you lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Nice ninja edit. What you initially said was disgusting.

"o'connor should just hang himself"

Stay classy.

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Do you know the guy personally or something, did he embarrass you in a game in front of your pals, your some gobs hit in fairness to you lad

hes no rob cross in hes 1st year as a pro ;) hes been around ha willie Wonka still melting like hot choctolate.as the tv has shown tonite so don,t shoot me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

hes no rob cross in hes 1st year as a pro ;) hes been around ha willie Wonka still melting like hot choctolate.as the tv has shown tonite so don,t shoot me :)

Rotten you are

He bottled it yes , he blew up yes , he was nervous
    Huge mistake yes

It’s a game he will be back and can easily win tour events next year playing like he did tonight

You sound like someone who had 10 euro on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Poor Willie. He'll kick himself for years with that one. I thought he was gonna do it.

Rotten you are

He bottled it yes , he blew up yes , he was nervous
    Huge mistake yes

It’s a game he will be back and can easily win tour events next year playing like he did tonight

You sound like someone who had 10 euro on him

10 euro on willie to win zero your having it LARGE LOL

Liamalone wrote: »
    Poor Willie. He'll kick himself for years with that one. I thought he was gonna do it.

shur he was gonna open up price in hes aftermath interview in previous round win,hon willie wonka

im not putting willie down,but I just think when it came to the cruch he couldn't do it as was proved to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

That crowd was terribly quiet, on a different night might have really put Price off.

Not to be for Willie, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭celt262

im not putting willie down,but I just think when it came to the cruch he couldn't do it as was proved to be seen.

That would have been a fair enough statement to make. Absolutely no need for for the crap you were saying

celt262 wrote: »
    That would have been a fair enough statement to make. Absolutely no need for for the crap you were saying

you have to have bottle,like young aspinal won a major few months ago no flaws there and he not long on the scene.you have to grasp that moment cause if you don,t then that could define you.it makes a statement when you win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Very harsh

He did bottle it but to be fair he’s on the biggest stage of all and was going toe to toe with price

I just felt price was trying to rush him and thought willie should of slowed it down a bit - he was beating price on the board but felt like price was always winning mentally imo

Getting fed up with this accusation he "bottled it".
    He did not bottle nor choke.
    It was stupid error not a choke and one he paid dearly for. I feel sorry for the lad as he had Price on the ropes and played some great darts.

I'd say losing to an already eliminated Dave Parletti at the GSOD might have been worse.

At least he played well tonight bar the gaffe at the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement