Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

bassy wrote: »
    hes no rob cross in hes 1st year as a pro ;) hes been around ha willie Wonka still melting like hot choctolate.as the tv has shown tonite so don,t shoot me :)

Rotten you are

He bottled it yes , he blew up yes , he was nervous
    Huge mistake yes

It’s a game he will be back and can easily win tour events next year playing like he did tonight

You sound like someone who had 10 euro on him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Poor Willie. He'll kick himself for years with that one. I thought he was gonna do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

Rotten you are

He bottled it yes , he blew up yes , he was nervous
    Huge mistake yes

It’s a game he will be back and can easily win tour events next year playing like he did tonight

You sound like someone who had 10 euro on him

10 euro on willie to win zero your having it LARGE LOL

Liamalone wrote: »
    Poor Willie. He'll kick himself for years with that one. I thought he was gonna do it.

shur he was gonna open up price in hes aftermath interview in previous round win,hon willie wonka

im not putting willie down,but I just think when it came to the cruch he couldn't do it as was proved to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

That crowd was terribly quiet, on a different night might have really put Price off.

Not to be for Willie, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭celt262

im not putting willie down,but I just think when it came to the cruch he couldn't do it as was proved to be seen.

That would have been a fair enough statement to make. Absolutely no need for for the crap you were saying

celt262 wrote: »
    That would have been a fair enough statement to make. Absolutely no need for for the crap you were saying

you have to have bottle,like young aspinal won a major few months ago no flaws there and he not long on the scene.you have to grasp that moment cause if you don,t then that could define you.it makes a statement when you win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Very harsh

He did bottle it but to be fair he’s on the biggest stage of all and was going toe to toe with price

I just felt price was trying to rush him and thought willie should of slowed it down a bit - he was beating price on the board but felt like price was always winning mentally imo

Getting fed up with this accusation he "bottled it".
    He did not bottle nor choke.
    It was stupid error not a choke and one he paid dearly for. I feel sorry for the lad as he had Price on the ropes and played some great darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭shockframe

I'd say losing to an already eliminated Dave Parletti at the GSOD might have been worse.

At least he played well tonight bar the gaffe at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

o connor should just hang him self,unforgiven……………………………… bye bye

You're better than that but say anything like that again on this forum and you'll be banned.
    some clown...…………………………………………………...still a pub player o connor

A tour card holder who's earned well in excess of £100k this year ... we'd all love to play in that pub ...

umm ... read above ^^ Are we done with the trolling now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Hes in school now so wont see that till later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

It was stupid error not a choke and one he paid dearly for. I feel sorry for the lad as he had Price on the ropes and played some great darts.

He played some great darts and hopefully progress next year.

In fairness to Price he was clinical when it mattered.
    Someone mentioned it a few posts back but Price might be the best hope to beat MvG.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I didn't see any matches last night, I was on my work Christmas night out.

What I have seen is some awful rubbish posted in this thread, from one poster in particular that Lazarus2.0 called out. It's not difficult to be respectful towards players, let's keep it that way.

As for Willie, it was a terrible mistake and he should have made sure of what he needed but I definitely wouldn't call it choking or bottling. It wasn't a miscount either, it was silly mistake and it cost him.

However I hope he can take the positives from this year, World Cup Final, TV Quarter Final, moving up the rankings and becoming a full time professional. Let's hope he kicks on next year.

All eyes on Ciaran Teehan and his mad throw this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Refreshing to hear Price say it as it is. "Fallon didnt beat a man she bet a young boy with the crowd on his back" .

Shes probably 1 win a way from the premier league an doesn't even have a tour card, madness!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

US2 wrote: »
    Shes probably 1 win a way from the premier league an doesn't even have a tour card, madness!

No chance. She'd be annihilated every week and it would destroy all the good that's been done for women's darts. Hearn is far too clever to do something like that. A World Series spot is enough as it's a completely meaningless competition anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

US2 wrote: »
    Refreshing to hear Price say it as it is. "Fallon didnt beat a man she bet a young boy with the crowd on his back" .

Can't see her beaten "the gentle"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,687 ✭✭✭✭klose

Come on teehan!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    No chance. She'd be annihilated every week and it would destroy all the good that's been done for women's darts. Hearn is far too clever to do something like that. A World Series spot is enough as it's a completely meaningless competition anyway.

The premier league is just as meaningless? It would not surprise me hearn only cares about money. How she even on the world series without a tour card is mind boggling.

• Advertisement

There's loads of players on the World Series without tour cards! And yes the Premier League is just as meaningless but it's a far bigger competition.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    There's loads of players on the World Series without tour cards! And yes the Premier League is just as meaningless but it's a far bigger competition.

Regional qualifiers big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

klose wrote: »
    Come on teehan!

pretty inauspicious start for the lad:(

A 70 average in that first set be Teehan, hasn't settled at all! King wins it 3-0 with an 81 average.

This is BDO standard checkout attempting by both:rolleyes:

Awful stuff. No chance of Teehan winning throwing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Sherrock for premier league , have a day off lads ha!
    Mayby if she gets to semi final , so no chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,687 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pretty clutch from king when he needed it in fairness

Come on teehan press home.

• Advertisement

Is Teehan the last Irishman standing?

Advertisement