Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Wright not even pressuring him, on his own throw. Spoke to soon about malicdem and feel g pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ho Leaf Uck

Surely this is curtains for Wright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Wright is still red raw useless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Wow
    162 and 140 in 6 darts to survive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

This Malicdem is s*ite

Got to hand it to Wright there. Has bottle that I never saw before

Hanging on by the skin of his teeth. Didn't expect the 140 out the way he's been playing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Got to hand it to Wright there. Has bottle that I never saw before

now willie that was bottle shown big time by wright seasoned pro

I wonder if not playing in "round 1" hampers your chances in round 2. Need Kempf to weigh in.

• Advertisement

bassy wrote:
    now willie that was bottle shown big time by wright seasoned pro

I wouldn't describe what happened last night as a bottle job, a mental breakdown, yes (at the absolute worst possible moment) , but for me a bottlejob/choke is something else, tightening up under pressure, pressing too much, mechanics breaking down, what we saw last night was an inexcusably lax, but could be fixed with discipline/routine.

Just a by-the-by, but sky must be aware they are going to have to raise the profile of some of the younger up and coming players if they want to avoid the ratings meltdown they will surely endure this year with so many "names" crashing out. The casual needs to looks at match ups and have some name recognition. How they do that I'm not sure, but covering some minor tournemants, or giving some of the promising players the Sherrock treatment from time to time.

Huge miss on tops... Not punished though. 3 great attempts at x13, but Wright scrapes the leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

wright hits 180 at the start of sudden death leg:D

Squeaky bum time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

wow that was a nailbiter:eek:

This is it then... No idea who takes it... Wright wins darts, jumps to be a big favourite....

I wouldn't mind them changing the rules for the last leg... Sudden death..

Win the bull to start, you get one dart to start, then it's game on from there.... Giving someone a 3 dart start In a sudden death leg seems like too much like an advantage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Really enjoyed that game but disappointed Wright got through. Can't stand him with his ridiculous clothes.

Great effort from Malicdem.

Surprised to see Wright is only the 7th seed... Are there really 6 players in the world better than him, thought he'd be #3 or 4. Need to double check the standings....

Ahem.... I will leave that post as a monument to my hubris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Don't have a betting account

Wright was available at 4s in play if I did have an account I would've lumped on

Was available at 8/15 near the end too, wouldve taken that as well

• Advertisement

We have been so close to a huge number of seeds getting knocked out , so many have survived nearly been knocked out , nobody has perform to a high standard , averages shocking , needs to pick up quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that game but disappointed Wright got through. Can't stand him with his ridiculous clothes.

Sure doesn’t Dolan also dye his hair and have equally bad clothes :)

TbL

Kingp35 wrote:

When he's on his game he can beat anyone (except MvG) and with so many other big names falling, I'm glad he's still there and possibly up his game. I don't think malicdem had the same capacity to raise his level much more. He gave a great account of himself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Tonight was taking the piss completely, don't think he'll last too long in the tournament anyway so we won't have to endure him much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

When he's on his game he can beat anyone (except MvG) and with so many other big names falling, I'm glad he's still there and possibly up his game. I don't think malicdem had the same capacity to raise his level much more. He gave a great account of himself though.

Agree

And in fairness to Wright (can't bear the ridiculous clothes) that 162 followed by the 140 checkout when down and out was class, as was the bull in the 11th leg followed by the 180

Malicdem had his chances, scored heavily but wobbled big time when approaching the finish line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Sky really is puke, what's with that stupid Obama speech, gay or straight, rich or poor, black or white. Its referencing Fallon Sherrock. FFS Sky give me a break.

Part v Wade gold.... I'll subscribe to that.

I glad fallon won the other night , now i wish she had lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

The walk on song and dance is 2 years past it's sell by date at this stage too and the way he goes i don't want to dance across the stage but i will:( Wished Price, Wright and MVG all went out -- none of them played well and 2 were blessed. Would wish for Anderson/Beaton v Whitlock/Kurz semi lineup now but not a hope.Worst scenario is MVg/Wade v Webster and Wright v Price which is far more likely,no time for any of them really and MVG is the most likeable of them :(.

• Advertisement

sc86 wrote: »
    I glad fallon won the other night , now i wish she had lost

Mensur will make mincemeat of her

Advertisement