Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I mostly agree with you. While there's contrasting opinions about whether the Premier League is a major tournament or a showcase, the truth is kind of in the middle because of the PDC and Sky's treatment of it.
    For legitimacy reasons I think that last year's top four should be in it - therefore I'd have Wade.
    If Anderson wants to play it I'd have him in, otherwise maybe Chizzy or Duzza? The same applies for Wade, I'd have one of those two replace him. There's a lack of star power and I'm scraping the barrel with those two.

1. MvG
    2. Price
    3. Cross
    4. Smith
    5. Anderson OR Chizzy/Duzza.
    6. Wright
    7. Gurney
    8. Wade OR Chizzy/Duzza.
    9. Aspinall

Keane Barry and Fallon Sherrock nailed on as contenders too.
    I know this is slightly off-topic, feel free to critique me.

Why wouldn't Anderson be nailed on? Back problems? Gurney, Wade and Aspinall may have problems getting in if they go out early maybe?

Wouldn't have thought Keane Barry had any chance. Think Sherrock has a really good chance and will be as good as nailed on if she beats Dobey.

All genuine questions btw.... don't really follow the PL anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭shockframe

Johnny with feet of clay at Ally Pally yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

shockframe wrote: »
    Johnny with feet of clay at Ally Pally yet again.
    He's a fraud. How he's top 16 is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,838 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Ugh not Crofty! Thought I escaped him while the F1 is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I mostly agree with you. While there's contrasting opinions about whether the Premier League is a major tournament or a showcase, the truth is kind of in the middle because of the PDC and Sky's treatment of it.
    For legitimacy reasons I think that last year's top four should be in it - therefore I'd have Wade.
    If Anderson wants to play it I'd have him in, otherwise maybe Chizzy or Duzza? The same applies for Wade, I'd have one of those two replace him. There's a lack of star power and I'm scraping the barrel with those two.

1. MvG
    2. Price
    3. Cross
    4. Smith
    5. Anderson OR Chizzy/Duzza.
    6. Wright
    7. Gurney
    8. Wade OR Chizzy/Duzza.
    9. Aspinall

Keane Barry and Fallon Sherrock nailed on as contenders too.
    I know this is slightly off-topic, feel free to critique me.

Maybe have a different player in each city as number 10. The player can be one of the rising stars and give them exposure playing in front of big crowds. Fallon could be on of them if she doesn't go any further in the worlds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Degag wrote: »
    Why wouldn't Anderson be nailed on? Back problems? Gurney, Wade and Aspinall may have problems getting in if they go out early maybe?

Wouldn't have thought Keane Barry had any chance. Think Sherrock has a really good chance and will be as good as nailed on if she beats Dobey.

All genuine questions btw.... don't really follow the PL anymore.
    Gary Anderson pulled out of last year's Premier League due to back problems. Instead, they had a 9 man Premier League with a different one-night-only player coming in each week to play the odd player. They were known as contenders and included Dimitri van den Bergh, Chris Dobey and Max Hopp. I think that Barry and Sherrock will be amongst the contenders next year, not actual players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

As of now I'm either watching the darts on RT7 with Dutch commentary or on mute.
    Simply unbearable.

I've been mostly watching on German channel Sport 1. Much more enjoyable than having to listen to that twit Wayne Mardle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I hope Dobey beats her, not because I’ve anything against her (far from it she’s done great) but because I want the ridiculous hype train to stop so we can just focus on the darts

TbL

For someone called Max he doesn't hit many 180s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

heavy scoring in this one, could be a cracker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Great game here between Aspinall and Ratajski

Shame the crowd couldn't give a ****e about it

Highest quality game of the tournament so far, two v good players

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I hope Dobey beats her, not because I’ve anything against her (far from it she’s done great) but because I want the ridiculous hype train to stop so we can just focus on the darts

TbL

Her darts are the reason the hype train is there in the first place.

Did you want the Rob Cross hype train to stop as well?

Faugheen wrote: »

Absolute rubbish in my opinion.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

It is ‘different’ though, that’s the thing. Before this we had never seen a woman beat a man in the PDC, and for her to do it again is remarkable.

Next year is when you would see it becoming more ‘normal’ because it won’t be anything new.

It’s the exact same if a complete underdog was to beat MVG in the early rounds. They’d go to town on that as well.

Yes we have. Anastasia beat Vincent Van Der Vorrt at the grand slam 10 years ago

Looking at Sherrock's twitter it seems she's been added to an exhibition tour with the likes of Taylor and Barney, fair dues to her. Regardless of what happens against Dobey she's going to make an absolute killing from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Rob Cross won a world championship, world match play, European championship plus multiple non televised titles. Fallon has won 2 games. Ridiculous comparison

US2 wrote: »
    Rob Cross won a world championship, world match play, European championship plus multiple non televised titles. Fallon has won 2 games. Ridiculous comparison

And rob cross certainly wasn't given any exposure for winning his first 2 games at Ally Pally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

oddly the 98 and 97 averages by Aspinall and Ratajski over 31 legs was not called world class.

guess that is only reserved for 90 averages by a woman.

no sexism there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,728 ✭✭✭✭briany

NDWC wrote: »
    Looking at Sherrock's twitter it seems she's been added to an exhibition tour with the likes of Taylor and Barney, fair dues to her. Regardless of what happens against Dobey she's going to make an absolute killing from this.

It's not a surprise, really. Even leaving aside the 1st of a lady player making any kind of inroads into a major darts tournament (in the case of both genders competing), there's also the fact that darts is not a sport given to producing physical specimens. Not a big problem so long as their darts are good, but from a marketing perspective, you can bet that the PDC and SKY would love to put someone easy on the eye on the marquee.

• Advertisement

When you have mentioned nothing about the Darts she had played and just whinged about Sky and actually belittled her scoring average and said nothing about her 70% checkout rate, this ‘muppet’ has every reason to believe you have an agenda against her.

show me just one single post I made belittling Fallon sherrock or said she did not deserve her win

you wont be able to because any problem I had was not with her but with sky and the comms. Are you not bright enough to comprehend the difference ?

US2 wrote: »

Exactly.

Some people are brainwashed.

Mardle the clown has just mentioned that MVG and Aspinall (and Fallon) have come in in price but doesn't get why Chizzy has gone out. Fool hasn't a clue how odds are set and should learn to at least shut his mouth occasionally...

On to tonight come on the machine show us you've still got it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

If Keane Barry had won 2 games instead of Sherrock, the hype would be around him. You wouldn’t have lads on here crying about the averages, the coverage or the ageism. Sky are renowned for the drama angle in all sports. Get over it ffs.

oddly the 98 and 97 averages by Aspinall and Ratajski over 31 legs was not called world class.

guess that is only reserved for 90 averages by a woman.

no sexism there.

Not only was that a good game, the commentary was very good too - Mark Webster knows when to talk but equally knows when he doesn't need to talk...

Now we're back to Mardle and his incessant gibberish

boomdocker wrote: »
    Not only was that a good game, the commentary was very good too - Mark Webster knows when to talk but equally knows when he doesn't need to talk...

Now we're back to Mardle and his incessant gibberish
    Webster has really improved, and like him and part.
    Harrington is ok, but the rest are utter rubbish

wade in trouble now after missing 3 set darts

Webster has really improved, and like him and part.
    Harrington is ok, but the rest are utter rubbish

Have they dropped Devon the Disaster or when did he commentate last?

TbL

wade in trouble now after missing 3 set darts

Far to inconsistent over the longer format, even if he gets outta jail here he’ll go nowhere

TbL

• Advertisement

Big chance here for Beaton, he'd be playing Labanauskas next for a place in the quarters too

Advertisement