Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

munster87 wrote: »
    I missed that leg but in the game earlier, Humphries had 186 left and hit the 180 as Kurz was already on a double, the 180 gets the crowd going and can add a bit of extra pressure on your opponent in that situation...

That's an even better example of this tendency: surely the double 3 is one of the worst finishes to be on...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Rather trivial query here: Lewis was on 208 during a leg there and throws a 180. After he gets two treble 20s, does he not consider switching to treble 16 to (hopefully) put him on 40 and a nicer double? Or is he so in the groove that he is bound to have a much better chance of a treble 20 than any other treble?

That, plus going 16's also puts you in a bit of a messy quagmire. If you missed T20, you're still on 68, so you can go T20, D4 or if you missed you're on 48 so still handy enough. Whereas if you miss T16, you're on 72, and while it's not the worst checkout it's not as handy as 68/48. Also D14 is a sneaky nice double to be on (although if you hit the single, you're in a mess). Of course personal preference comes into play if players have an affinity for certain trebles/doubles, and a lot of players hate double tops for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Rather trivial query here: Lewis was on 208 during a leg there and throws a 180. After he gets two treble 20s, does he not consider switching to treble 16 to (hopefully) put him on 40 and a nicer double? Or is he so in the groove that he is bound to have a much better chance of a treble 20 than any other treble?

I’d say it’s a combination of feeling in the groove and having a good marker as well as thinking if he hits a single 20 he is left on 68 instead of 72 if he misses treble 16

Jesus this match is a serious step down in quality

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

leggo wrote: »
    That, plus going 16's also puts you in a bit of a messy quagmire. If you missed T20, you're still on 68, so you can go T20, D4 or if you missed you're on 48 so still handy enough. Whereas if you miss T16, you're on 72, and while it's not the worst checkout it's not as handy as 68/48. Also D14 is a sneaky nice double to be on (although if you hit the single, you're in a mess). Of course personal preference comes into play if players have an affinity for certain trebles/doubles, and a lot of players hate double tops for example.

I was wondering about that scenario in general; munster87 cited a better example. When players have round 200 to go they tend to stick with the treble 20s, even when a lower treble with the last dart might put them on what would be regarded as a handier double...

• Advertisement

I was wondering about that scenario in general; munster87 cited a better example. When players have round 200 to go they tend to stick with the treble 20s, even when a lower treble with the last dart might put them on what would be regarded as a handier double...

Yeah but a single 20 with the last would leave them 2 darts at a double. If they go T16 and miss then they need another treble or else they’ve only one dart at a double

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Yeah but a single 20 with the last would leave them 2 darts at a double. If they go T16 and miss then they need another treble or else they’ve only one dart at a double

Mervyn King does that all the time, drives me mad. Two darts in hand he goes for T16, leaving himself on 64 a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭munster87

Really all depends on the player and the situation

Really all depends on the player and the situation

Yeah true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Woodhouse must be a Barney fan, constantly shaking his head and slumping his shoulders

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone know where I can watch games back? Lewis and Webster particularly.

That 6th set is up on the pdc’s YouTube channel, worth a look if you can’t find the whole match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

markc91 wrote: »
    Anywhere got a table of most 180's by player? On chizzy most max's but nowhere i can see to keep track?

Not so much by player, but top 20 available here:

http://live.dartsdata.com/

click into a match, halfway down the page three buttons listed as:

"Timeline - Head to Head - Top Lists"

Click on Top Lists

Then the tab "Tournament 180's".

For chizzy specifically you can check here: https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/darts/pdc-world-championship/group_a.0535b9ce-41f2-466e-af35-59c23035acf0/pdc-world-championships-player-180s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Good start by De Zwaan, actually fancied him to beat Chisnall, has a decent recent record over him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Chizzy not looking good at all. De Zwann hitting everything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Took that 2nd set well did Chizzy, JdZ went completely off the boil

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Serious 140+ scoring from De zwaan compared to Chisnall

What a 161 co by Chizzy

TbL

What a 161 co by Chizzy

TbL

Fantastic

This is a brilliant match, the loser can feel hard done by. Nothing to separate them so far

TbL

• Advertisement

Well played JdZ that was a really enjoyable quality match

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Great game to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Match of the tournament so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

That was great viewing..shame there's a loser...

Averaged 106.09, exact same average he had in 2nd round last year losing to Rob Cross!

Averaged 106.09, exact same average he had in 2nd round last year losing to Rob Cross!

And wasn’t that in the preliminary round too?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Excellent game of darts. Semi-Final/Final Quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

De Zwaan seems to be knocking on the door of greatness for a while now. On his day he’s a threat to anyone but needs to find a bit more consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭blackcard

Fair play to de Zwaan. I thought that when Chizzy got the 161, it would be a bodyblow to de Zwaan but he bounced back. I didn't have him down as a contender but you would have to give him a chance now.

• Advertisement

And wasn’t that in the preliminary round too?

TbL

It was the 2nd round last year. I had de Zwaan backed outright after his world matchplay run earlier in the year.

Advertisement