Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

She left legs wide open and he slipped straight in, it was more about her easing off than him stepping up his game.

He absolutely stepped up. He was missing doubles in the first three sets and barely missed one from the fourth set onwards. That’s the definition of stepping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Dobey average 101 while missing 30 darts at double, crazy scoring!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

should have been 4-0, had dobey not gifted her so many legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,996 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Faugheen wrote: »
    He absolutely stepped up. He was missing doubles in the first three sets and barely missed one from the fourth set onwards. That’s the definition of stepping up.

Yes but it combined with her not hitting the treble 20 much at all in last 5 legs. So he always had a no pressure shot.

Yes but it combined with her not hitting the treble 20 much at all in last 5 legs. So he always had a no pressure shot.

There was pressure on every shot playing a girl. Fair play to him gonna have little wager on him to win it out now. He won't feel more pressure than that even in a final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Sherrock will be favorite for the women's BDO Champs now. I wonder how well she will cope after the week(s) she's had.

She played very well and didn't look out of place at all. More women's entries for next year perhaps?

should have been 4-0, had dobey not gifted her so many legs.

Should have been 4-0 to Fallon had she not missed so many 180s.

Absolute bollocks logic.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Sherrock will be favorite for the women's BDO Champs now. I wonder how well she will cope after the week(s) she's had.

She played very well and didn't look out of place at all. More women's entries for next year perhaps?

Lisa Ashton an Suzuki are ahead of her in the betting I think?

Absolute bollocks logic.

Find another sport. You clearly dont understand this one. You only pop in here when shes playing an spout absolute nonsense.

US2 wrote: »
    Find another sport. You only pop in here when shes playing an spout absolute nonsense.

Oh sorry, didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed to comment on a discussion forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭rolling boh

fallon did great overall well deserved her place pity she did not score a bit better earlier in some legs to put pressure on Dobey and prevent him from setting up checkouts with a bit less pressure but he was the better player so deserved his win not easy playing the crowd as well he seems a sound bloke .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Great run from Sherrock with a lot of help from the crowd. There’s no doubt she deserved her place in this tournament. Some unreal checking out and heavy scoring. Best of luck to her, hope to see her push on from here.

fallon did great overall well deserved her place pity she did not score a bit better earlier in some legs to put pressure on Dobey and prevent him from setting up checkouts with a bit less pressure but he was the better player so deserved his win not easy playing the crowd as well he seems a sound bloke .

She didn't deserve her place tho, she got a place cos I]snip[/I

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lisa Ashton an Suzuki are ahead of her in the betting I think?

Sherrock 2/1 fav
    Ashton 7/2
    Suzuki 4/1

Johner wrote: »
    Sherrock 2/1 fav
    Ashton 7/2
    Suzuki 4/1

Has changed drastically so over the last week. Ashton will have fire in her belly , great price 7/2

Absolute bollocks logic.

dobey got to finishes first, and missed them, in most of the legs

ergo he wasted his opportunities, had he taken them fallon could not have had her chances.

but obviously you have difficulty comprehending this and let yourself be brainwashed by hype.

ergo he wasted his opportunities, had he taken them fallon could not have had her chances.

but obviously you have difficulty comprehending this and let yourself be brainwashed by hype.

And the only reason his doubling is so poor is because the pressure of playing a woman and the crowd.

And the only reason his doubling is so poor is because the pressure of playing a woman and the crowd.

Thought the lad handled it well....certainly better than mensur.

Think Dobey will be under far less pressure against durrant and might even beat Durrant who now has all the pressure on him

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

She got as far as she deserved in my opinion. Maybe even further than she deserved. Taught mensur got caught up in all the hype.
    Very few left now that would let the occasion get to them. Very few left now that would have an average as low as 90ish after 4 sets.(not that th highest average always win).
    Even though she is excellent at the combination finishes, I felt she relied a little to much on them.

Having said that she has been good for the tournament and definitely can play. If she could up the averages by 7 or 8 she would be dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Trebles for show doubles for dough, darts 101

• Advertisement

Dobey still 35/1 to win it. Nice eachway value. Anyone know who hed possibly play after he beats Durrant?

‘Brainwashed’. Lol.

I hold that logic for all sports. ‘It should have been six nil had they not missed five penalties’.

It finished 4-2 because as highlighted already, you make your money hitting the doubles and he missed them, and she hit hers.

It really is so hard for some small-minded people to just give her some dues. She hit her doubles early on but Dobey recovered and made sure he didn’t give her as many chances from the 4th set on. 4-2 is fair result.

If my aunt had bollocks she’d be my uncle.

‘Brainwashed’. Lol.

I hold that logic for all sports. ‘It should have been six nil had they not missed five penalties’.

It finished 4-2 because as highlighted already, you make your money hitting the doubles and he missed them, and she hit hers.

It really is so hard for some small-minded people to just give her some dues. She hit her doubles early on but Dobey recovered and made sure he didn’t give her as many chances from the 4th set on. 4-2 is fair result.

If my aunt had bollocks she’d be my uncle.

what part of had dobey hit his doubles first which he had more shots at, he would have won easier are you struggling to grasp ?

Lashing out like a hurt child calling people simple minded says more about you.
    No one is knocking fallon in fact most people myself included commend her for taking the chances she was given...given being the apt word.
    Girl did well, but the reality was, it was a level too far for her, that is a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

She was lucky to get 2 sets
    90 average is good for ladies that said , but crowd played huge part , and the hype and bias even for sky was off the charts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭SteM

Dobey still 35/1 to win it. Nice eachway value. Anyone know who hed possibly play after he beats Durrant?

Price/Henderson/Whitlock

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Stewball

Night session about to start.

I reckon - Price, Aspinall & MVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Can see Henderson troubling price

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sherrock deserves to win the womens but ya never knw as the pressure will be on her

Great tournament for her and she is a great player finishing some amazing scores. Hope she has a great career and appears in many more world championships in both sexes. Deff think she will appear as a contender in the PL

Expect to see a 'Fallon Sherrock' sky special before the start of the 2021 Championships

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Henderson is a good back-to-lay I reckon.
    Often gets off to a flyer, before his 'German kid from the Simpsons' physique catches up with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Can see Henderson troubling price

I could aswell. Henderson not a bad player at all. Depends on what Price shows up.

Advertisement