Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

Duzzer does Dobey
    Think he plays so slow he upsets the rhythm players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Fair play to Durrant, i didnt think he'd be as good in the PDC as he was in the BDO, but he's proved me wrong so far this year

1 more win and hell have reached the semi finals of all the big majors this year, plus a couple of pro tour titles and finals. That's on the back of 3 consecutive lakeside titles.

Some on here think hes not a top player..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Duzza also talking about the unbearable heat on stage. They'll have to do something about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I like the way Durrant calls it honestly when asked about other games. No problem saying Price will win and Dobey would beat Sherrock when asked after the last game. Most will give mealy mouthed answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So booing Price is still a thing? Ffs

• Advertisement

I like Price, a lot less of his assholish antics recently. Hope he wins it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Bit of history between these two,far from friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

hawkwing wrote: »
    Bit of history between these two,far from friends.

Didn’t know that, what’s the story?

TbL

Riquelme wrote: »
    Durrant could end up spoiling his way to beating a big name. His ultra slow and steady style is bound to get on the nerves and upset the rhythm of a few. It certainly did for Dobey anyway who looked like a different player to yesterday.

That's it exactly, he's no worldshaker. The Mark Selby of darts. Price or MvG show him up. Fair play to him and all but for all we hear about underachievers in sport he certainly makes the most out of his ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Didn’t know that, what’s the story?

TbL

Grand slam last year, Whitlock took exception to Prices shouting if I remember

• Advertisement

boomdocker wrote: »
    Grand slam last year, Whitlock took exception to Prices shouting if I remember
    https://www.givemesport.com/1417667-darts-fans-didnt-like-what-gerwyn-price-did-after-beating-simon-whitlock-in-the-gsod

I like the way Durrant calls it honestly when asked about other games. No problem saying Price will win and Dobey would beat Sherrock when asked after the last game. Most will give mealy mouthed answers.

And then he goes and spoils it all by saying all the players he beats are great and going to be future world champions :p

Thanks, sure in that case everyone has history with Price :)

I thought he’d knobbed his missus or something :)

Can’t see Whitlock winning a set here

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Whitlock

Wilfuler. wrote: »
    Whitlock

Is ****e

TbL

Dante7 wrote: »
    Duzza also talking about the unbearable heat on stage. They'll have to do something about that.

What can they do really? If they get fans in it would only upset the darts trajectory. I suppose the stage could be partitioned off and get some aircon but that's surely a non-runner. Perhaps it's non solvable or maybe it is, I have no clue, but I'm sure Barry likes it the way it is as it adds to the pressure/drama...... My 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Tournament is a 3 horse race now
    price, MvG, Aspinall

Reality is that to beat MvG over the long set format someone is going to have to average over 100 and hit 40% of doubles. The only one to do that in the last 3 yrs is Rob Cross
    And the only ones capable in my view are Price and Aspinall

price, MvG, Aspinall

Reality is that to beat MvG over the long set format someone is going to have to average over 100 and hit 40% of doubles. The only one to do that in the last 3 yrs is Rob Cross

Really hope Aspinall wins it

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

price, MvG, Aspinall

Peter Wright can too but you just know he cant get over the winning line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

Price on the ropes a little

• Advertisement

Seldom saw Whitlock as fired up,should be 2-1 up.You can see the hatred between them which is lively..

Not going to be a whitewash anyway, Whitlock doesn't deserve that.. Still highly unlikely to win..

Seldom saw Whitlock as fired up,should be 2-1 up.You can see the hatred between them which is lively..
    Maybe not!!Suddenly a laugh between them:eek:

Crowd on a booing sabbatical

I think because Price is playing a foreigner in a fast paced game the crowd have less time and inclination to boo him. Up against the slowcoach Duzzer though it'll be like a Fallon match times two

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Gerwyn sloppy but he knows he can beat Whitlock with the minimum of pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Price starting to really act the cock here. Has dropped about 3 darts in 5 minutes.

Didn’t seem to bad at the end there, they were almost on top of each other :)

TbL

Hope Part is on comms in the final, mellow and knowledgeable and keeps excitability and hyperbole to a minimum. Top class. Well done Gerwyn, never in doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

MVG will devour Gerwyn if he plays like that

Advertisement