Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

So frustrating he is there for the taking Aspinall just gone awry in some key legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

qwabercd wrote: »
    So frustrating he is there for the taking Aspinall just gone awry in some key legs.

Asp is still young. Not his time yet but I imagine he'll learn a lot from this match and experience.

Give him a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

NDWC wrote: »
    MvG is still beating Wright on Wednesday regardless of how he plays here

Wright will choke again. Hasn't the liathroidi for the really big games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Mvg looks like he doesnt want to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Asp had a great game I think. Fair play to him.

Great to see the mutual respect and chat between them too, especially after the previous match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭testtech05

Aspinwall must be so disappointed in a missed chance but showed a bit of class to stay out there and shake the man's hand.

Unlike Price earlier......

Very poor by MVG standards though

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

sc86 wrote: »
    Mvg looks like he doesnt want to be there

You couldn't be more wrong. He wants to win it more than anyone else wants to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Asp had a great game I think. Fair play to him.

Great to see the mutual respect and chat between them too, especially after the previous match!

Was thinking the exact same. Great sportsmanship from both players there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Asp is still young. Not his time yet but I imagine he'll learn a lot from this match and experience.

Give him a few years.

Oh absolutely, would've loved to have seen him win tonight all the same.

MVG is the man who waltzes into the nightclub at 1.55am, and steals the girl you've been buying drink for all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

I think he's bored. No pressure on him. Plays bad and wins. A stroll to the final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Very disappointing. I guess if MvG was pushed he may have had another gear. But I agree he has not reached the heights of previous years, and if Wright can score like he did tonight (which wasn't close to his own best) I think he has a great chance.

As with all of these tournaments, it all depends on the game MvG brings, as his best beats everyone else's best.

I like both players to be honest and would be happy for either to win.

Wright is the Jimmy White of darts. Always the bridesmaid....

Could be Wrighty's year. Never a better chance to beat MvG, plus he's playing very well too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Ally Dick wrote: »
    MVG is the man who waltzes into the nightclub at 1.55am, and steals the girl you've been buying drink for all night

In his snickers covered in crap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I’d say at this stage Wright might have to get an MvG voodoo doll to have a chance of beating him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

If Wright can bring those big check outs he has a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

MvG has the effect that Taylor had now, some fellas nearly beat themselves playing against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

New decade, new snakebite, he'll average 105+, beat Michael, stick with a set of darts, develop some bottle and will clean up the majors in the 20s.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wright has the power scoring to match MVG if both are on song but obviously the doubles is where it matters and Wright missed 30 odd tonight ( still doing well to have a 99 average with that being said) didn't see the entire game there so not sure how MVG was in the doubles.

Bit of an interesting end to both games with both winners being deflated with their performances despite winning, bookies have MVG at 1/3 with Wright at 9/4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Stacey Owen:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

A poor world championship

I noticed tonight that Wright missed a few doubles when the pressure was on. He is going to have that experience again on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 51,997 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bazermc wrote: »
    If the Darts doesn’t work out these two should open up a tile company. Wonder what they could call it.

Wright price ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Don't know what Price was playing at
    From the off he was giving it large with the roaring and shouting. Looked to me like he had said to himself before the game I must give it some early on
    But actually it was just a distraction with that nonsense at the end of the second set
    Wright played well and happy to see him win in the circumstances

Pity Asp didn't play at a bit better cos MVG was definitely there for the taking. If he could have got it to 4-4 might have been interesting

Final is two scenarios for me. MvG plays like he can and blows snakey away (likely) or he plays like he did tonight and snakey plays well and wins.

What I hope doesn't happen is that both are below par cos MvG would win at a canter and it'll be a bore fest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭klose

Andrew00 wrote: »
    A poor world championship

Poor semis atleast when the talking point of the night is price nearly head butting Wright by accident walking off the stage!

Wright is the Jimmy White of darts. Always the

He has to get to a few more finals to reach Jimmy levels :P
    I think he'll beat Michael myself; don't know why - just a feeling.
    Van Gerwen poor this year by his standards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

We all know that Wright cant get over the line against mvg buts let's be real here, this isn't any kind of shock. Hes been top 2 or 3 in the world for 6 years now, better than everyone but mvg consistency wise. I hope he can make it interesting an at least miss a few match darts Wednesday night

klose wrote: »
    Wright has the power scoring to match MVG if both are on song but obviously the doubles is where it matters and Wright missed 30 odd tonight ( still doing well to have a 99 average with that being said) didn't see the entire game there so not sure how MVG was in the doubles.

Bit of an interesting end to both games with both winners being deflated with their performances despite winning, bookies have MVG at 1/3 with Wright at 9/4

Looks bloody tasty that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I think Aspinall will be disappointed as he missed some good chances to push MvG all the way.
    Wright did well and showed great maturity tonight. Price looked very on edge for some reason.

MvG doesn't look like the all conquering champion of other years so Wright should be feeling he
    can give it a good rattle.

Advertisement