Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Darts Championship 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭bassy

the gerwyn price antics,how god would love painter or mason to be around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It would be great to see a good clean cut young man achieve in darts, somebody respectable. A man who the game could be marketed around

Not a clown like Wright, a common dwarf thug like Price or a foreigner like Mvg. Somebody relatable to Joe Public.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

A foreigner? Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭prunudo

It would be great to see a good clean cut young man achieve in darts, somebody respectable. A man who the game could be marketed around

Not a clown like Wright, a common dwarf thug like Price or a foreigner like Mvg. Somebody relatable to Joe Public.

I always got the impression thats what they were trying to do with Mark Webster a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I hate to break it to you, but if you’re Irish then you’d be a foreigner for the majority of Joe Public in Ally Pally. A potato-eating drunk even, if they were that way inclined.

• Advertisement

Fairly certain now he's James Wade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Fairly certain now he's James Wade.

Username checks out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

It's darts. Crown green bowls might have what you're looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lot of half wits on the forum this time of year for their yearly darting dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I assume you do the Yaya/Kolo Toure chant in your sitting room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Looking forward to the final don't really mind who wins just hope that Wright plays well and doesn't bottle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MVG to win in a ****e slow paced match

Are the premier league players being announced tonight??

7-3 mvg ... Big mvg fan .. would not mind if Wright won at all , competition is good for the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Mvg will have to help Wright get over the line

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If MvG is at the top end of his B game even then he wins easy. I think 7-3 MvG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

Match goes the full 13 sets, both average over 105+, both chuck in a 170 and one of them hits a 9 darter. :pac:

I really don't care who wins tbh, think it'd be nice for Peter though. Michael is Michael, hard to not be happy for a guy who is just a machine with commitment to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Wright wins 7-5
    Tight match, heavy scoring and nip and tuck to 5-5
    Then Snakey turns on the turbo in the 11th set and eases away to victory 😄

You never know...

Looks like Wright is ahead of MvG on all stats for the
    Tournament so far, so hopefully it stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Stewball

It's go time. My prediction is 7-4 MVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

I dont care once its decent match

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

If Wright can average around the ton again he should go close. Hopefully he finds his best game.
    Just hope he doesn’t feel the presssure and not do himself justice.

I can’t see MVG upping his game majorly. Hes struggled all tournament to find his best game. Hard to pull it out of the bag in the most important match of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

Delighted to hear Part's voice, although you just know that weasel Mardle will make his way in after a few sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Does Wright dye his hair a different colour for every match?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

First test passed by Snakey, game on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If MVG had taken out that bullseye for the set this could have been a very short match...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Set 1 to Peter Wright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Both seem to have settled into the match quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Does Wright dye his hair a different colour for every match?:eek:

Yes, his wife does it. It is his party piece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

game needed krusty to win that set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Wright goes to 5-2 up

MVG comes back to win 7-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I mean it’s good to win the first set but mervyn king did that against Simon Whitlock and lost badly. My point is it’s not an indicator it’s over.

Advertisement